So... GTA V...

This game is way more entertaining to me than the other GTAs. Usually I get frustrated so quickly in the early missions it turns me off of the game. This game the missions are tough, but not nearly as bad as some of the other GTA's.

GTA Online can't come soon enough.

i bought this game and its taking over 6 hours to download. WHat. THe. Fuck.s

In just going to assume PSN it really is inferior. Not trolling I've experienced this many times and my 360 and PS3 are on a 100mb hardwired gigabit setup ( obviously they are 10/100) but you get the point.

I've download full games and demos on both and the 360 is always faster because live has the better backbone.

You get what you pay for I guess.

I just queue up my psn downloads and go to bed.

Should have went to the store bought the disc, then you should've had a PS3+SSD that can write 240MB/s :p But you chose the smartest option, bravo my man!

In just going to assume PSN it really is inferior. Not trolling I've experienced this many times and my 360 and PS3 are on a 100mb hardwired gigabit setup ( obviously they are 10/100) but you get the point.

I've download full games and demos on both and the 360 is always faster because live has the better backbone.

You get what you pay for I guess.

I just queue up my psn downloads and go to bed.

Both Live and PSN are capable of the same speeds. Cause I get the same speed to both. It's really based on where your live and ISP.

Both Live and PSN are capable of the same speeds. Cause I get the same speed to both. It's really based on where your live and ISP.

Well then I guess Sony must hate Comcast business class and Illinois. Or maybe comcast loves Microsoft more. But then why is the Wii U faster than it and it's wireless.

Last edited:
This game is way more entertaining to me than the other GTAs. Usually I get frustrated so quickly in the early missions it turns me off of the game. This game the missions are tough, but not nearly as bad as some of the other GTA's.

GTA Online can't come soon enough.

I agree, the mission structure and the characters are a lot more interesting, and it's more fun to play, I find.

Its 18GBs.....wtf do you expect?

dude. i can buy a 10$ usb network card that has higher strength than the PS3's wifi. that shit is insanely weak.

i have just realized i totally couldve directly connected it.

i have downs :(

dude. i can buy a 10$ usb network card that has higher strength than the PS3's wifi. that shit is insanely weak.

Remember that one time where you went to the store, bought a disc, then went home and played it instantly? Yeah that was me the other day.

#pissed2013

:cool:

Probably your connection, I would never download file that large for a console through wireless.
my cabled connection through the ps3 is 22download/6upload.
The download took just a little under 2 hours. The install took another hour. I'm running a vertex 2 ssd and so far the only "lag" times are loading and saving and that takes around 5-8 seconds.

Remember that one time where you went to the store, bought a disc, then went home and played it instantly? Yeah that was me the other day.

#pissed2013

:cool:
I was the guy that didnt go anywhere and started downloading at 9:45pm PST (Sept 16) while you had to wait for the release at the store.

not so cool now

Yeah. I got a power line network adapter just for the PS3 since the Wifi is so slow.

Probably your connection, I would never download file that large for a console through wireless.
The download took just a little under 2 hours. The install took another hour. I'm running a vertex 2 ssd and so far the only "lag" times are loading and saving and that takes around 5-8 seconds.

I was the guy that didnt go anywhere and started downloading at 9:45pm PST (Sept 16) while you had to wait for the release at the store.

not so cool now

I was sleeping at that time.

But yet I was the guy that got to play it at work for a fair bit during lunch yesterday and today.

:( it's ok to lose. :cool:

I don't know if any members of Rockstar visit our gaming forum or if it's been mentioned before but,

1) Where is my iFruit Android app?

and 2) Give me my Android app now. Actually, not now. Right now.

In other news, wicked game.

well atleast its ready to play for when i get off work. :)

not so cool now

its not my connection. we have a shit ton of bandwidth and incredibly fast net. ps3 wifi just blows chunks breh

Yea I timed how fast it was downloading per minute and it was like 149mb/min (about 2.5mb/s), stayed that way the entire time on sept 16, finished downloading around 11:45pm.
2 hours to download a 17.8gb file is still pretty good. I'm betting it would've been faster but since it was a JUST released game I'm sure the PSN servers were bogged.
The install took long too, lol. It was about 1am when the install completed, I just turned the console off to play the next day, after work.

I was sleeping at that time.

But yet I was the guy that got to play it at work for a fair bit during lunch yesterday and today.

:( it's ok to lose. :cool:
Lol, far from winning. I live within the same zip code as work. My commute is 5 miles round trip. I played for lunch tuesday, yesterday I brought a coworker home for lunch activities.

If getting laid is losing... shit your dominant hand must be:
images

Its ok though, i never have to pop in a disc and hear the drive running, or any drives running. SSD pal

Lol, far from winning. I live within the same zip code as work. My commute is 5 miles round trip. I played for lunch tuesday, yesterday I brought a coworker home for lunch activities.

If getting laid is losing... shit your dominant hand must be:
images

Its ok though, i never have to pop in a disc and hear the drive running, or any drives running. SSD pal

I totally don't have a game/tv room at work, or lounge chairs, or work 10 minutes via walk away. I also totally don't have a girlfriend or 2 256GB SSD's laying around for another PC build.

Let's just call it even and be biffles ( like dremic and I :* ).

P.S. Why are we doing this...

P.P.S. Because we're men damn it. Except dremic. He's kind of a man.

I totally don't have a game/tv room at work, or lounge chairs, or work 10 minutes via walk away. I also totally don't have a girlfriend or 2 256GB SSD's laying around for another PC build.

Let's just call it even and be biffles ( like dremic and I :* ).

P.S. Why are we doing this...

P.P.S. Because we're men damn it. Except dremic. He's kind of a man.

barely a man

ssd for ps3 is such a waste

barely a man

ssd for ps3 is such a waste
I would've lost money trying to sell the thing, and have a hard time convincing people that this vertex 2 is a reliable one (hasnt failed once) when trying to sell.

Also after installing TLOU digital copy on SSD, I'm probably never going to buy disc. So to that other guy that thinks hes cool for going to the store, good for you.

If you have a spare sata II ssd laying around I would give it a shot.

I would've lost money trying to sell the thing, and have a hard time convincing people that this vertex 2 is a reliable one (hasnt failed once) when trying to sell.

Also after installing TLOU digital copy on SSD, I'm probably never going to buy disc. So to that other guy that thinks hes cool for going to the store, good for you.

If you have a spare sata II ssd laying around I would give it a shot.

I have tried it before, and it's not a noticeable enough difference for me to waste the ssd on it, when I could create another solid rig to sell.

Also are you really that butt hurt about that store comment? You realize dremic and I are pretty decent buddies, right?

I have tried it before, and it's not a noticeable enough difference for me to waste the ssd on it, when I could create another solid rig to sell.

Also are you really that butt hurt about that store comment? You realize dremic and I are pretty decent buddies, right?
Nobody is butthurt, I don't post enough nor care about what you and dramic do.
For ssd and the ps3 your experience may vary, I'm happy with mine and dont give a crap about selling computers. I work with them all day, running an m4 256 on my work laptop too.

Anyways, LOCO LAPTOP, what is required for a home power line setup? I might look into that so my living room connection is completely wireless.

Nobody is butthurt, I don't post enough nor care about what you and dramic do.
For ssd and the ps3 your experience may vary, I'm happy with mine and dont give a crap about selling computers. I work with them all day, running an m4 256 on my work laptop too.

Anyways, LOCO LAPTOP, what is required for a home power line setup? I might look into that so my living room connection is completely wireless.

No worries, relax. Was just saying that personally I personally don't see a need for it, but it's a nice option if you happen to already have an ssd that's collecting dust from say, a previous build or something.

I got these:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2713549&CatId=16

Those are plug and play, Just make sure you don't use a power strip or surge. Needs to be plugged directly into an outlet. all I did is plug the cable from my network switch to the adapter that is plugged in directly to the wall.

Then in the other room I plugged it in directly to the wall and cat5e to ps3. The rooms are in different breakers so I could have it in the garage if I wanted to.

I did a speed test and pulled a 30/5 which is fine by me.

No worries, relax. Was just saying that personally I personally don't see a need for it, but it's a nice option if you happen to already have an ssd that's collecting dust from say, a previous build or something.
I read in another thread you got the bundle, there was someone at another forum selling their new x360 bundle that they just bought with GTA V.
If I was a GTA fan and didnt have either console, I'd have a hard time choosing:
500gb ps3 w/GTA V (does it also come with TLOU?)
or
320gb x360 w/GTA V

Believe me, the reason i went with digital was because of my experience with TLOU and noticing that it is faster with GT5 as well.
I also didn't believe the GTA V hype and wanted to wait for a PC version. I thought I missed out on preordering locally a disc copy so I bought it from psn on friday the 13th.

i buy digital cause its not my ps3 and i want them attached to my account

I read in another thread you got the bundle, there was someone at another forum selling their new x360 bundle that they just bought with GTA V.
If I was a GTA fan and didnt have either console, I'd have a hard time choosing:
500gb ps3 w/GTA V (does it also come with TLOU?)
or
320gb x360 w/GTA V

Believe me, the reason i went with digital was because of my experience with TLOU and noticing that it is faster with GT5 as well.
I also didn't believe the GTA V hype and wanted to wait for a PC version. I thought I missed out on preordering locally a disc copy so I bought it from psn on friday the 13th.

For sure, but I always preferred grabbing physical copies whenever I could. I kind of like collecting things, and it's always nice to have the physical copy in case you want to lend it to someone.

Anyone on PS3? Tell me your name and I'll find out how to add you. I hardly play on my PS3 so I don't know how to add people yet, lol.

Lets get a hang and roll deep online!

im on PS3 add me!

PSN name is

Phlorge

please tell me who you are in the forums if you add me otherwise ill just say no or send you a picture of my family jewels

im on PS3 add me!

PSN name is

Phlorge

please tell me who you are in the forums if you add me otherwise ill just say no or send you a picture of my family jewels

Yeah? ;)

Mine's W i g g a 4LifeBiH115. Don't judge. Inside joke.

Apparently W i g g a isn't allowed on here...no spaces in my name though.

Hmm...I seem to be stuck, can't figure out how to continue with the main storyline. I have an 'Hs' down at the bottom right of the map, which had to do with the shipyard heist I'm guessing...but I've already finished that. When I scroll over it on the map, it says "Submersible" but when I go swimming around in that area, there's nothing there.

Last edited:
Few missions in with Trevor and I'm scared at what he's capable of doing

Sounds like you are looking for the Submarine. Not sure though.

Yeah, I think for the shipyard heist 2 different entrances were available, and I didn't choose the submersible one...and I finished it, but I still have the yellow "Hs" on my screen. I have swam around in there with Michael, Franklin, and Trevor and there's nothing below the surface of the water.

Back