Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Did you'll see this mod "Realvision ENB"? PC Gamer featured it today.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30936
If you want to add an ENB setting that works well for mid range computers you could look at RealLike ENB. I have been using for a month now and it works very well and is almost no FPS loss on my machine.
Has anyone ever seen it where NPCs sit sunken halfway down into tavern bar stools? I'm trying to find out if it is a common vanilla bug or caused by a mod I have. Check out this screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/MHptgRI.jpg
Here is my load order:
http://pastebin.com/TfzYWC6J
I'm looking for better weather for Skyrim. I have Climates of Tamriel but there are some parts that are messed up a little. Anybody know of any other weather mods?
Have you tried RCRN?
Funny, because I used RCRN for a while and it seemed to mess with the weather, IE it never rained/snowed. I switched to CoT because of this.
After installing a bunch of mods, I run into a "clinging" sound once in awhile when I'm in a house or Inn. It sounds like plates are clinging together. Rather annoying.
How do I check this?Is your player speed normal? Might actually be plates flying of off tables. I have seen it also from time to time.
Could be plates clinging together. Sounds like it might be a physics issue. Are you running at 60Hz refresh with vsync on?
Changing the speed of the refresh rate directly effects Skyrim. It keeps it for time of day settings and other stuff. It is not like other games where it just plays more fluidly, they tied it to the game settings.
I've said it before, but I'll say it again: dumb. Who the fuck would do that?
Any idea what the benefit to doing it that way was? Why are more games not coded in this fashion?Bethesda. That's who.![]()
I've really enjoyed using this carriage mod which adds carriage services to all of the major cities in Skyrim: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/8544
I started using this when I realized that fast traveling was ruining the game for me. Now, I try to avoid fast traveling unless I'm completing a quest. So far, it's made the game so much more enjoyable.
I don't know. I didn't see refresh rates in the settings or in the skyrim launcher. I have a 120hz monitor now, so I would like to change it to that if possible.
DJ I really like that menu screen, you should go ahead and upload it for us.![]()
Any idea what the benefit to doing it that way was? Why are more games not coded in this fashion?
Refresh rate is a Windows setting. You'll want to run 60Hz refresh with vsync on for Skyrim. Running at a 120Hz refresh rate will cause all sorts of bizarre physics issues.
I'm so fucking frustrated with ENBs. Sure, I don't have to use them. I don't like the cold and bleak look that the vanilla game has. I've found several ENBs that produce great looking results during the day time ( crisp blue skies and not overly-dark shadows ) but at about 5:00 it gets pitch black out and I have to rest until about 8:00 am until I can actually do anything. And the ENBs that aren't pitch black at night look horrible during the day. Washed out colors and super bright lighting. White sky, no blue at all.
I'm willing to send $10 to someone who can produce an ENB that doesn't have pitch black nights and a beautiful blue and crisp day-time look. I really like the look of The Wilds during the day, but at about 6:00 it gets pitch black and I can't see shit.
which version of enb are you on right now?
Same here, LOL. I didn't know if RCRN has has improved since I first tried it.
Here is the Skaal Village main menu screen:
http://www.mediafire.com/?353e68l3y260lq7
Let me know if you wanted the other one instead.
I don't know why Bethesda did it this way.
Thanks, I did mean the one with the book. When I first looked at the post that was the only one that showed up, the village one must have not loaded for some reason on my end. I'll try out the village one too though I think.
Does anyone else suffer from progressively dropping framerates? When I start a new session, everything runs really well, usually with a minimum of 60 FPS. About a half hour into the game things start to slow down, and by an hour, the game is basically unplayable (FPS around 30).
I don't think this is a memory leak problem as I can't find anything unusual about Skyrim's memory usage. Is this just a result of using a bunch of graphics mods with fairly low VRAM (1gb)?