Skyrim Mods - A Comprehensive List & User Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never tried it but it is missing a couple of crucial (IMO) elements that ENB provides. Examples:
SSAO/SSIL
DoF
Godrays

There are, or were, ENB presets that maintained Skyrim's colors but just enabled ENB effects, such as the three previously mentioned. These effects can be enabled/disabled very easily.

I have a feeling SweetFX can be combined with the Injector version of ENB since that version allows the use of SMAA. May have to do some advance tinkering with some ENB files, though.

Are there any difficulty overhaul mods for Skyrim like they had for Fallout 3 (Fallout Wanderer's Edition) or Fallout: New Vegas (Project Nevada)? I ran into the same problem with Skyrim that I do with all Bestheda games where I get bored after I make it past the first couple hours cause the combat becomes too easy and the need for scavenging is gone.

Also, the pictures from the Skyrim screenshot thread look amazing but is the game even playable when they run those graphics mods?

Are there any difficulty overhaul mods for Skyrim like they had for Fallout 3 (Fallout Wanderer's Edition) or Fallout: New Vegas (Project Nevada)? I ran into the same problem with Skyrim that I do with all Bestheda games where I get bored after I make it past the first couple hours cause the combat becomes too easy and the need for scavenging is gone.

Also, the pictures from the Skyrim screenshot thread look amazing but is the game even playable when they run those graphics mods?

There are mods such as SkyRe: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9286

As for pictures: it depends on how the person has it set up. Some people force Skyrim to run at a very high resolution and then resize the images, as well as simply cranking up the quality settings beyond anyone without a GTX 690+ would be able to handle. For reference, mine are taken at the same settings that I play at and I get around 45-60 FPS. That's at 1920x1200 resolution. I'm moving up to 2550x1440 soon so I'm not sure how well things are going to play at that resolution. :eek:

Most graphic mods aren't too demanding but ENB is where you can kill your FPS if you go crazy with the settings.

Oh and I'll be adding TES5Edit to the list soon: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25859/. If you are experiencing crashes while playing, go check it out.

You know what would be awesome? I'd like to see a mod for the completionist, but also those who finish the main quest too early, which would give you a completion status for ALL available content in the game. ie.

* Completed at least once every single dungeon
* Completed every single quest (maybe shown in branches for those that are exclusive, or update the max. value based on the current "branching" so that it reflects the maximum of available quests).
* Shows total of all available unique dynamic quests.
* All ingredients, plants, etc. that have been found
* All books

If you have Dawnguard, the Deadly Dragons mod (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/3829) makes the dragon fights much more enjoyable and rewarding. Also, there is the Deadly Combat mod (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/5485), which supposedly makes all the fights fast-paced, realistic, and more rewarding.

I haven't played Deadly Combat yet, so I cannot confirm how "good" it is; however, I can say Deadly Dragons is definitely worth the download / install.

I keep wanting to make some 3d models for this game (armor and clothes and whatever), but nowhere seems to have a 3ds max 2012 compatible nif plugin. The nexus forums are completely dead. It's annoying because I need it before I can do anything (and I don't get on with Blender for some reason and don't have the 2009 version of 3ds! :() :D

I keep wanting to make some 3d models for this game (armor and clothes and whatever), but nowhere seems to have a 3ds max 2012 compatible nif plugin. The nexus forums are completely dead. It's annoying because I need it before I can do anything (and I don't get on with Blender for some reason and don't have the 2009 version of 3ds! :() :D

Have you tried the official forums? Either the Creation Kit forum or the Modding forum should help you find an answer.

Yay. Do you have any images of past creations that you've made?

Ermm...I don't think I do (I have no idea where they went)! I've got some stuff i'm working on at the moment for a project at this second but I can't show anyone that either! :D In general it's pretty...dark...

I should try and get stuff done quickly then!

There seems to be several body mods that people use and seem to be popular (CBBE, UNP then variations), the one I have used since just after launch was CBBE which seems to be popular, but then so do some of the others...but which is the best one to go for?

Probably CBBE. Would that make it incompatible with unmodded bodies?

I'm not sure exactly... I think it wouldn't, as it's just a fancy body replacer, but there might be some slightly disjointed mesh seems at the neck/feet/hands!

CBBE models have the body slider thing now (so you can vary the sizes of individual parts) so i'll have to read up on how that works. :D

If it did make it incompatible, it probably wouldn't be so much harder to make seperate versions for the different body meshes (though I only have CBBE). Isn't there some thing which allows you to use multiple body meshes? I've seen it on some companion mods where some use CBBE and some use UMP etc. Would like to make the armor aquired by some quest or something (e.g. go to this tavern and theres a guy who was defeated by a "black knight" who is out on some bridge, and you go there and can either defeat him or side with him and defeat the white knight and get either set of armor)...crafting armor seems too easy, though people probably wouldn't like that (though i'm not sure if you can gain recipes for armors through quests...)! :D

I'm not sure exactly... I think it wouldn't, as it's just a fancy body replacer, but there might be some slightly disjointed mesh seems at the neck/feet/hands!

CBBE models have the body slider thing now (so you can vary the sizes of individual parts) so i'll have to read up on how that works. :D

If it did make it incompatible, it probably wouldn't be so much harder to make seperate versions for the different body meshes (though I only have CBBE). Isn't there some thing which allows you to use multiple body meshes? I've seen it on some companion mods where some use CBBE and some use UMP etc. Would like to make the armor aquired by some quest or something (e.g. go to this tavern and theres a guy who was defeated by a "black knight" who is out on some bridge, and you go there and can either defeat him or side with him and defeat the white knight and get either set of armor)...crafting armor seems too easy, though people probably wouldn't like that (though i'm not sure if you can gain recipes for armors through quests...)! :D

I don't use any body replacers so I don't know about having multiple body meshes active at one time.

I think most people will enjoy a quest tied to obtaining the armor. Simply going to the forge and creating it isn't all that rewarding and removes the uniqueness of the armor, and, sadly, most armor mods are set up this way. Plus, the dialogue bug has been fixed so that makes quests much easier to get working properly. :)

I do have a question: can the player side with the black knight, kill the white knight, and then kill the black knight for both sets? :D

I think most people will enjoy a quest tied to obtaining the armor. Simply going to the forge and creating it isn't all that rewarding and removes the uniqueness of the armor, and, sadly, most armor mods are set up this way. Plus, the dialogue bug has been fixed so that makes quests much easier to get working properly. :)

I do have a question: can the player side with the black knight, kill the white knight, and then kill the black knight for both sets? :D

Would need to make a new area for the quest to take place in I suppose? I think, if possible i'd like to make the armor craftable after you complete the quest (you finish the quest, get the dead knights armor, then he tells you of this hermit who made the armor or something, then you can go to either guy/woman (one for each, or maybe one for both...) and they can instruct you). With some kind or rewards, like:

So theres 5 possible outcomes: Kill white knight, get white knight armor, kill black knight, get black knight armor.
Kill white knight, get white knight armor, learn to craft black knight armor, get some weapon.
Kill black knight, get black knight armor, learn to craft white knight armor, get some other weapon.
Kill neither, unlock the "curse" learn how to craft both.
Die! :)D)

Would be nice to have it so if you wear the white/black armor you get random encounters with random black/white knights!

Though that said, ive never done any skyrim modding at all, so i'm starting from square one and have no idea if any of this stuff is possible! :D

A new area isn't needed, besides an interior for the hermit (assuming he has his own house), unless you want your own dungeon or something.

IMO, the hardest part of the mod would be making the armor/weapons as it sounds like it'll be custom mesh/texture stuff. :)

The random encounters might be possible by imitating Bethesda's Dark Brotherhood Assassin/Thalmor attacker encounters. The only issue is that I'm not sure if Skyrim can produce random encounters based on what armor the player is wearing.

I suppose you could set a flag, like during some quests once you do some things in the Dark Brotherhood questline (I think) you suddenly get the assassins turning up. So you'd get the random Black/White knight encounters just wouldn't be wearing the armor as you'd "be" the next Black/White knight (basically the story is something like theres this pair of people, say a prophetess/wizard and a witch/warlock (but in lore, which I'm not 100% on whats acceptable!) or something, who hate each other and have a "champion" and this person is forced to find the enemy champion and defeat them (from the curse on the armor) and the person who defeats either knight (other than the opposite knight) becomes the champion (as they are stronger). I don't really like good/evil polarity, more grey areas, so it probably shouldn't be as good/bad (which is actually the opposite in some eastern mythology's, white is evil, black is good :D). But anyway, so by defeating the knight you will suddenly be hunted by the new opposite knight (I guess the maker of the armor will make more or something, or the curse turns people against you or something! Maybe thats how you find the source?). But anyway so basically it would toggle on a flag, maybe if you kill both you can get both lots of people hunting you down! :D

The 3d meshes I'm not so worried about (as thats the bit I've done before! Though I'm not 100% on texture sizes etc.). It's just the coding! I really depends on how good the documentation is and how straightforward things are. Or if it's like some games where it's straightforward in the documentation but then you do something and then theres 400 other steps and stuff that you haven't done that they didn't mention but it invalidates steps 1-450. :D

That was lots of text...

List is up-to-date (basically only added TES5Edit).

On that note, I highly suggest cleaning Update.esm and any DLC you are using. It is very easy to do and will help with stability.

Finally, here is my loadlist. My game is crash free so I figured maybe some people may want to copy the list of mods I'm using:

Edit: Blurred out some mods that I haven't released yet/made for personal use so people don't waste time looking for them.

Last edited:
List is up-to-date (basically only added TES5Edit).

On that note, I highly suggest cleaning Update.esm and any DLC you are using. It is very easy to do and will help with stability.

Finally, here is my loadlist. My game is crash free so I figured maybe some people may want to copy the list of mods I'm using:
Thanks for sharing! I noticed you don't have any of the popular HD packs installed (Official or 2k). Are you playing with a lot of the default textures? Or are did you customize the files on your own? Also, I think you're the first person I've heard of not using SkyUI.

Thanks for sharing! I noticed you don't have any of the popular HD packs installed (Official or 2k). Are you playing with a lot of the default textures? Or are did you customize the files on your own? Also, I think you're the first person I've heard of not using SkyUI.

I install most of my texture packs manually as I started doing that before Wrye Bash was released and simply continued doing it so things wouldn't get messed up. At the moment, my textures folder is 13.9GB. :eek:

And I am using SkyUI. I was using it before it was even publicly released. ;)

what are you patching with bashed patch? And at this stage of development, what is WB patching good for?

what are you patching with bashed patch? And at this stage of development, what is WB patching good for?

Mods that edit the same lists. For instance: Immersive Armors and Omegared99's Armor Compilation. When you run BOSS it will tell you what should be bashed.

Edit:
I am only ~1/3 of the way in but this seems like a great quest mod:
Wyrmstooth
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25704

Last edited:
Anyone know what ENB this person has in the screenshots of this mod?

No clue but I've been playing more of the mod and I'm amazed at how good it is. Why does it only have 7 endorsements?! I mean, you get to control a draugr!

Edit: It even has its own Blackreach place:

This looks like a good quest mod too:
The Dark Brotherhood Resurrection Part 1
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25941/

Last edited:
Apologies in advance if I'm slightly out of topic here...

After playing with "showracemenu" I realized I had reset some of my character's skills. I fixed them up through the console.

I also fixed Magicka, Health and Stamina but I don't understand the formula for these, so I'm not sure they're right.

According to an old save, my Bosmer Elf had 150/330/200 attributes at level 39. (naked and without affecting buffs).

If she started out with 50/50/50, or even 50/50/100 it doesn't add up. +10 increases to Magicka (+100), +28 to Health (50+280 = 330), +15 to Stamina (50+150=200). that's well over 38 levels.

Do you know if there are quests or other things which would have given my character permanent increases to the attributes?

She likely started with 100/100/100, which I believe all races do. And, if so, that will match your level.

Edit: This is assuming you aren't using any mods that change starting stats.

Oh! I thought she started with 50 based on the wiki page but maybe it was outdated or I misread it.

Thanks!

That is referring to NPC's who have races that the player can choose from and not the player character himself/herself.

The only race that should have a bonus to attributes would be the High Elf/Altmer race (150 magicka, IIRC).

If you have DG, then you can talk to a new NPC in the Ragged Flagon to change your character's appearance (except for name, sex, and race). This may avoid any issues showracemenu causes.

As expected, 2560x1440 resolution killed my FPS. :( I disabled ENB's SSAO which brought it back up to how it was so it's not too bad. I did like how the SSAO made the grass look though.

Anyway, mods:
Wickwood: TESA's 2012 Halloween Challenge
A set of storyline dungeons located in an eery, abandoned village.
http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/files/file/1367-wickwood-tesas-2012-halloween-challenge/

Liliths Tools - Weapon Set
A compilation of Liliths weapons. I haven't added these before since I didn't have room to add several Lilith weapon mods, so now I can just add this to the list.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26335

Automatic Crossbows
Can be added to any crossbow.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26329

Elaborate Enchantments
Expands Skyrim's enchantment system.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26253

Lost LongSwords
Adds several custom longswords.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26261/

Dragonbone Ebonsteel Armor
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24941

Skyforge Shields
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26344

Realistic Needs and Diseases
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26228/

By the way, patch 1.8 has been released.

Last edited:
Just tried it, got lower frames and it seemed to add some chop to my game.

Same result for me (lost ~12 FPS when it was on too). I guess it is designed for people with shitty computers.

Hello guys :)

I'm sure you've heard of this project by now since there were so many articles of it in late September, but I am a modder from the community that is working on the Skywind project. I haven't been active on the forums in a while, but I wanted to change that by sharing with you what I've been working on.

Skywind is a total conversion mod, a collaborative effort to essentially recreate TES 3 Morrowind on the Skyrim engine. That means that everything that is found in Morrowind, from the world itself, to all the npc's, creatures, quests, armor, ect, will be playable in Skyrim. The reason we are doing this is because a lot of us hold Morrowind in a special place in our hearts. To most hardcore Elder Scrolls fans, Morrowind is considered the best in the series. Others, like myself, want to try the game but cannot because the game feels too old to play.

Currently, we have converted all of Vvardenfell into a separate worldspace. You have to enter a console command to travel there, but the entirety of Vvardenfell has been recreated to scale. And when I say entirety, I don't mean an unrendered landscape. Not just a completely rendered landscape, but everything you would find in the world is there, buildings, towns, caves, shipwrecks, dwemer ruins, they're all there. You can even enter their interior spaces! (such as opening a door that leads to the appropriate cell of someone's house). However, the game world is lifeless, as there are no creatures or npc's in the game yet.

So far though this is it. A lot of work is being done currently on retexturing the world, adding armors, quests and npc's into the game. However this takes a while, since this all has to be done manually. I am working on creating the NPC's in game, and I have to look up their class in the TES 3 construction set, and recreate their face based on a picture in the UESP wiki. We also have a few obstacles to cross, the biggest one being is currently making our esm dependent on Skyrim esm without corrupting the game world or crashing the CK. We have made so much progress in the past few months though, so we are expecting a playable beta by February to March 2013. Note: you must own both games in order to use this mod!

I also wanted to share with you a little treat you may not know of:

We are also working on a side project: Skyblivion. Same concept, but this project is recreating Oblivion! Currently our main focus is on Skywind, and once we get a playable build we will start making progress on Skyblivion. But currently Skyblivion isn't far behind.

I will currently be working on Skyblivion more than Skywind (because Oblivion was my first TES game), but I still help out with Skywind where needed. Or try to at least, my modding skills are limited :) But, just to give people an idea, I have made some videos of the Skyblivion mod on my youtube channel. I need to upload a Skywind video since that is our main project and more people are interested in seeing that, but feel free to have a look at my channel!

http://www.youtube.com/user/ApavTech

I'm not the best with explanations so let the videos do the talking! Just wanted to share with you guys what I've been working on :) Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back