• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

skyrim controls

zombix

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
1,164
So k&m is not supported in skyrim? You have to use a game controler to play it smoothly?

People over at the official forums are ok with this.... Im fkin pissed:mad:
 
k&m is supported. just not as slick an interface as the ps3 or 360 version. but this was old news since we already knew pc version was ported over.

biggest pro of pc version is faster load times though
 
So it's not not supported, couple people just say controller is smoother.

Just picked up a 360 controller...hmmm...
 
Fine with me. Not a twitch game and not MP. I like kicking back in my puter chair and playing some games with a controller.
 
k&m works but they are saying it is eaiser to use controller for the buttons i guess
 
there is no fucking way im plugging in a 360 controller into my rig.
 
for an rpg? absolutely. you wont catch me playing an fps on my computer with my xbox controller though.
 
theres rumors that you cant select anything with your mouse? Like in inventory and shit. Im gonna go buy a bottle of wild turkey drown my worries.

Really pathetic. Could have thrown us a bone with k&m support
 
theres rumors that you cant select anything with your mouse? Like in inventory and shit. Im gonna go buy a bottle of wild turkey drown my worries.

Really pathetic. Could have thrown us a bone with k&m support

There's plenty of people who have already been playing the game, it shouldn't have to be "rumors."

Link a source if this is true please, otehrwise I don't believe it.
 
at the link i posted up above read post #9

You can't even click on options to select them! You can't move sliders with your mouse!

All keyboard driven.
 
at the link i posted up above read post #9

You can't even click on options to select them! You can't move sliders with your mouse!

All keyboard driven.

Except for turning the objects about in your inventory to look at them once you've picked one with your keyboard. THAT view movement is all mouse-controlled (no keyboard support).

It's...weird, but I guess not a deal breaker. I've never used the mouse wheel to navigate TES inventories before, anyway, so...meh. As noted, you are already using WASD for movement and mouse for viewing, so...you just access the inventory the same way (WASD for movement/selection, mouse for rotating the view).

And it does really only seem to be the inventory stuff that is borked. I have a pretty high degree of confidence that a mod will come out to address that ASAP. I think it took all of a week for the first Oblivion UI/inventory mod to come out.
 

from your source....

You need to delve into the options menus a bit more. According to a dev post on these forums, you can hotkey specific items just as you could in Morrowind and Oblivion. You can also hotkey different menu screens, removing the need for the compass menu.

Posted same in other thread - key maps are already posted for download in the mods section. Folks need to calm down a bit.
 
Posted same in other thread - key maps are already posted for download in the mods section. Folks need to calm down a bit.

I saw that referenced a few times, but couldn't find the link in question.

Did you see the map they were referring to?
 
I don't care how fucking great this game is....this pretty much kills the deal for me.
Just more controlized tripe from Bethesda which they could have been more forthcoming about.
Thanks OP, you just saved be $45 ;)
 
Shit this is a deal braker for me I was going to go pick this up tomowr but now I'm wait to there's a mod for this
 
An example would be this:

You are in the menu and "save" is selected...you can't just click on "load" or "settings". Your mouse pointer does nothing basically.

I'm sure you can work out how lame this is.
 
An example would be this:

You are in the menu and "save" is selected...you can't just click on "load" or "settings". Your mouse pointer does nothing basically.

I'm sure you can work out how lame this is.
Please note that I do not have the game yet. So I can't confirm this. But that is what I was reading on the bethesda forums and other places.
 
I know at least Giant Bomb said that KBM and the interface worked just fine on the PC version.
 
An example would be this:

You are in the menu and "save" is selected...you can't just click on "load" or "settings". Your mouse pointer does nothing basically.

I'm sure you can work out how lame this is.

I can't just click load with my mouse I have to use my keyboard in Skyrim - First World Problem
 
ITT:

OP tries to stir up a ruckus by making rash claims that a PC game doesn't support mouse and keyboard.


Seriously, that's never going to happen. Shut the fuck up, OP, and learn to do some proper research.
 
Theres vid reviews left and right of the PC version, showing full mouse and keyboard interaction.

TROLL
 
can someone confirm whether the game has full KB/M support?...this really put a damper on my enthusiasm (at least a little bit anyway :D )
 
My neighbor vpn'd his copy of steam to get his game activated, he can select all of the menu items with his mouse. I can confirm that other then the 1-8 hotkey'd to your favorites, you cannot bind other keys, at least through the main menu. He has not dug through the .ini's yet, but said turning the mouse acceleration off via the .ini does work. You'd think that somewhere is a .ini that governs keybinds.

I watched him play for about a minute and it looked pretty damned good at 1920X1080 and ultra. There are some textures that looked oddly flat. The sound was fucking amazing coming out in 5.1.
 
I can confirm the kb/m support is fine. The UI is a little clunky but really nothing to worry about!

.. AND the microstutter that plagued previous gamebryo games is GONE! Yusssss!

Too all of those still waiting to play... It's allll good!
 
Wow, the menu system is really, really console oriented. Might as well not have a mouse. Get ready to make selection with the movement key and E, and tab to close shit.

Really a let down. I got pissed trying to get around the menu's, and stopped playing after 10 minutes.
 
Hi all, I am having trouble with the favorites menu. seems right clicking something in favorites (specifically spells) only binds them to the L hand and cant seem to bind anything to right hand unless i do it through the normal menu. The UI is clunky enough with this. am i doing something wrong? Also it seems like u cant mix melee and spells in the favorites or unequip a weapon for a spell in favorites menu.
 
Wow, the menu system is really, really console oriented. Might as well not have a mouse. Get ready to make selection with the movement key and E, and tab to close shit.

Really a let down. I got pissed trying to get around the menu's, and stopped playing after 10 minutes.

lol...

preorder canceled? :rolleyes:


give it time and you'll find that you could navigate faster than you ever could with a mouse.
 
The KB/M support for this game is AWFUL. It's blatantly obvious that it's a console port.

Half the time either the KB or mouse won't work in menus so you have to use some awkward combination of the two. Simply awful. Plus due to the forced VSync or whatever, in-menu mouse movement is laggy as shit.
 
Back
Top