Skull & Bones

I can't believe it ran long enough for them to get the footage they needed.

It's great if they managed to turn it around even if it looks like it should have been released before 2018. Plus, the bigger the success of the game the more likely we'll get some behind the scenes horror movie on its production

At this point the game might be done and polished but they simply don't want to complete with the multitude of major releases hitting right now. Still, it's a bad look. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in Ubi board meetings every time this game comes up.

At this point the game might be done and polished but they simply don't want to complete with the multitude of major releases hitting right now. Still, it's a bad look. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in Ubi board meetings every time this game comes up.

I'm not sure the game is done...seems like Ubisoft upper management is not happy with the game and is always changing major aspects

The pre-load for the the Closed Beta started at 1am today and goes live 6pm PT the 14th in the Americas.

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/skull-and-bones/live-tests#21akjSbVszMi4UBCvhExzF

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/skull-and-bones/news-updates/5YOkUk9PtqQuuFXmCQJRPP

1702421448039.png

Anyone want a closed beta invite?

Message me.

1702565726706.png

Attachments

• 1702565693550.png
    1702565693550.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
I still can’t understand why it took so long to just make AC black flag but multiplayer, and it seems they couldn’t even do that.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
imagine taking the idea of open world high-seas adventure set during the age of sail, with other players, and making it look this bland

Looks like it has some depth to it.

What if this game surprises everyone and is a success like Palworld just on a smaller scale?

Lol no way... Palworld succeeded because it ripped off Pokemon. Just like Overwatch ripped of team fortress and won GOTY in 2016.

Since this a Black flag sailing ripp there is a chance, a small chance., maybe...... unlikely but ...

Being a big fan of pirate lore, this game should be right up my alley. However I have no desire to play multiplayer just as I hated Fallout 76. I'll give this a try when player counts collapse.

Not sure how I feel about the beta. It isn't bad, but I kind of wish ship combat had the option for less arcade style combat. It reminds me a bit of The Division where I would need to get my head wrapped around the bullet sponge mechanics. At least as far as I have noticed, aiming other than the indicated marks on the side of the ships does do much like I haven't seen any way to knock out a mast for example. I am still early though.

February must be the month of heavily hyped but disappointing AAA games- Suicide Squad and Skull & Bones
Skull & Bones was destined to be in rough waters. Ubisoft is in shambles and any game with an almost 7 year gap from announcement will likely struggle to perform. They tried finding a buyer to rescue them around a year ago among the toxic management fallout that surfaced. How much of that was whiny "woke"ness, I dunno.

Skull & Bones was destined to be in rough waters. Ubisoft is in shambles and any game with an almost 7 year gap from announcement will likely struggle to perform. They tried finding a buyer to rescue them around a year ago among the toxic management fallout that surfaced. How much of that was whiny "woke"ness, I dunno.
oh it was definitely whiny wokeness behind skull & bones' rocky development.

earlier today i tripped on a shoe someone didn't put back on the shoe rack and spilled half a bowl of cookie crisps. so fucking sick of wokeness ruining everything.

oh it was definitely whiny wokeness behind skull & bones' rocky development.

earlier today i tripped on a shoe someone didn't put back on the shoe rack and spilled half a bowl of cookie crisps. so fucking sick of wokeness ruining everything.
Speaking of wokeness have you heard about the lawsuit Elon Musk and Gina Carano are starting against woke Disney? Finally someone fights back!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yLsue_dDUE

Yeah... I played the open beta for maybe a total of 6 hours, hit max level for open beta. It's... entertaining for a boat based pirate game, cool environment, the quests are kinda meh, what you'd expect from a mmoish type game. Graphics look good, sounds are good.. combat is pretty lack luster, never once felt in danger, it was easy, or just time consuming for no reason. I'd probably be willing to pay $30-40 for it, no way I'm paying $60-70+. It almost, almost scratches that mmo type itch, but it's just not quite what I was hoping for, especially for the price.

I tried to get into it. Not really impressed that this game took basically since ACIV Black Flag to finally come out. Playing this, I basically just want to go back and play black flag instead IMO. It's a game fundamentally flawed because it's so primed for micro-transactions and being a 'live service'.

Its better than I thought it would be. I too won't pay $70 for it though. Maybe $20-30.

Graphics are nice, combat was ok. I got slaughtered trying to attack a lumber yard on my first real ship but the "boarding ships" mechanic is kinda fun. The dialog is thankfully easily skippable. Maybe one of these days I'll try playing Black Flag.

Its better than I thought it would be. I too won't pay $70 for it though. Maybe $20-30.

Graphics are nice, combat was ok. I got slaughtered trying to attack a lumber yard on my first real ship but the "boarding ships" mechanic is kinda fun. The dialog is thankfully easily skippable. Maybe one of these days I'll try playing Black Flag.
It's one of the best in the AC series IMO - Mostly because of the ship based stuff. It took the ship stuff from AC3 and basically made a full AC game out of it.

Keep in mind this game started as the idea of just being a spin-off from Black Flag and taking the ship mechanics. Unfortunately, they decided to take 10 years to release this, and of course it's monetization city.

Back