Skull & Bones

I completely forgot about this game. Sounds like they have one guy in the basement working on it. Seems strange that they let this slide.
My guess is one guy is working on the core game and a team of people are creating all the crazy pirate sails and outfits they plan to sell as micro transactions.

The reveal was pushed out to 7/7:
I'm hopeful, but realistic. Literally, all people wanted was a continuation of Assassin's Creed 4. Nearly 10 years later, this is what we have. At the very least, I look to the last could FC and AC games and see games I enjoyed, more or less.

The reveal was pushed out to 7/7:
I'm hopeful, but realistic. Literally, all people wanted was a continuation of Assassin's Creed 4. Nearly 10 years later, this is what we have. At the very least, I look to the last could FC and AC games and see games I enjoyed, more or less.

Issue is that I think they missed the window on this. The market doesn't really care anymore. Had they released something like this back a few years after black flag, it could have been really good. Now? We've already got sea of thieves, and i'm not many care anymore.

Well, it still looks like a game from 6-7 years ago and the video looks pretty choppy/low fps, too. The alpha ran like hot garbage. Nothing they showed or mentioned = particularly noteworthy or unexpected, either. Oh well!

based on that new gameplay video I don't have high hopes for this...the PvP has potential but it all sounds very basic and Ubisoft-ish...Sea of Thieves is too cartoony for my tastes with some good gameplay mechanics...I thought this might be an adult version of that

based on that new gameplay video I don't have high hopes for this...the PvP has potential but it all sounds very basic and Ubisoft-ish...Sea of Thieves is too cartoony for my tastes with some good gameplay mechanics...I thought this might be an adult version of that

Have you played Blackwake? It's an Indie PvP pirate ship/crew game. I played it 5 years ago when it was in beta and it was a lot of fun. It's not really that popular anymore. I think it ended up as a flavor of the month type game like so many PvP games do.

Have you played Blackwake? It's an Indie PvP pirate ship/crew game. I played it 5 years ago when it was in beta and it was a lot of fun. It's not really that popular anymore. I think it ended up as a flavor of the month type game like so many PvP games do.

seems to have gotten a lot of good reviews...

It's either PVE or 20 players on a server who you can go against but with UBI games it won't last so think it's PVE.
Looks good but wonder how complex the mechanics are for sailing a ship where you just give up.

Dear lord, the UI is a fucking nightmare to look at.
It's the "if Elden Ring was made by Ubisoft" meme come to life.

1661348518649.png

1661348608262.png

the PC features sound impressive- especially the ray-traced Global Illumination which has the biggest impact on the visuals in terms of RT features

the MP and anti-cheat features also sound good on paper...

Anticheat.jpg

how in-depth is sailing? What can you do once you get off your ship? And what will keep a map that’s largely one big ocean interesting? Ubisoft has answered some of those questions in a lengthy new exploration overview video...

specs.jpg

Something about these super complex games just a turn off. The more streamlined the game is the easier it is to digest. like Ghost and Goblins vs: Super Pirate Game you will never figure out.

Last edited:
It's a Hard Sell UBI doesn't know what to do. Every game except for Ass Creed series faills.

UBI needs to go back on Steam then reinvent Rainbow Six.

Ubisoft is just going in circles with this game and seem not to have any idea what they want it to be. It's embarrassing to see the initial announcement trailer(s) look more like a complete game from 5(!!!!) years ago than it does now.

Whatever the story is for this game's development I'm guessing it's going to be a hell of a lot better than the game itself.

Ubisoft is just going in circles with this game and seem not to have any idea what they want it to be. It's embarrassing to see the initial announcement trailer(s) look more like a complete game from 5(!!!!) years ago than it does now.

Whatever the story is for this game's development I'm guessing it's going to be a hell of a lot better than the game itself.
Initial game was just supposed to take the naval stuff from AC black flag and just release something around that. I have no idea why they’ve overcomplicated this thing.

My guess is that the devs for this game kept getting pulled to work on whatever the latest AC was, and so it’s just a poorly managed clusterfuck.

Had they just stuck to the original plan and release something a few years back they could have had success. Now though? I just don’t think this thing has any chance. Literally all people wanted was a full game of the AC naval stuff, and maybe some sid meirs pirates sprinkled in.

Initial game was just supposed to take the naval stuff from AC black flag and just release something around that. I have no idea why they’ve overcomplicated this thing.

My guess is that the devs for this game kept getting pulled to work on whatever the latest AC was, and so it’s just a poorly managed clusterfuck.

Had they just stuck to the original plan and release something a few years back they could have had success. Now though? I just don’t think this thing has any chance. Literally all people wanted was a full game of the AC naval stuff, and maybe some sid meirs pirates sprinkled in.
It's like musk informing his engineers over twitter that the cybertruck will be submersible or whatever. Or like what happened to the M2 Bradley.

Too many cooks in the kitchen it seems.

Ubisoft Delays Skull and Bones Again

Skull and Bones. which following a series of previous delays was most recently scheduled to be released this March 2023, will now arrive “early” in Ubisoft’s next fiscal year (2023-24), which runs from April until March 2024...in their statements, Ubisoft executives mentioned challenging market situations (including macroeconomic hurdles) and underperformance by games like Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope and Just Dance 2023

the company claimed “the additional time has already paid off and brought impressive improvements to its quality, which has been confirmed by recent playtests”, and that it expects “players will be positively surprised by its evolution”...

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...nnounced-games-and-delayed-skull-bones-again/

Ubisoft Delays Skull and Bones Again

Skull and Bones. which following a series of previous delays was most recently scheduled to be released this March 2023, will now arrive “early” in Ubisoft’s next fiscal year (2023-24), which runs from April until March 2024...in their statements, Ubisoft executives mentioned challenging market situations (including macroeconomic hurdles) and underperformance by games like Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope and Just Dance 2023

the company claimed “the additional time has already paid off and brought impressive improvements to its quality, which has been confirmed by recent playtests”, and that it expects “players will be positively surprised by its evolution”...

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...nnounced-games-and-delayed-skull-bones-again/
They also killed 3 more unannounced titles in addition to the 4 cancellations revealed last year. Time to rethink the Far Creed genre, Ubisoft. Maybe get back to making respectable titles deserving of the Tom Clancy name instead of slapping it onto every title, too.

What a bunch of idiots, they could have done a Black Flag remake multiple times over by now and it would've been less hassle and more successful than this.

Back