SimCity V (2013) - screens/artwork and information

Haha epic fail. Amazing they canceled the preload. Imagine if Amazon had handed out keys at 12am est too. Probably a good deal of buyers bought there.

It blows my mind how unprepared these companies are. Similar thing happaned a few weeks ago with the KBS beer release from Founder's. The server just got raped by the number of people trying to access it.

It blows my mind how unprepared these companies are. Similar thing happaned a few weeks ago with the KBS beer release from Founder's. The server just got raped by the number of people trying to access it.

BPT couldn't deal with beer nerds of that magnitude.

Downloading now. Hard to tell what the actual dl rate is because it keeps changing 2-3.5 MB/s so far.

EDIT:

Slowed to less than 30 KB/s at 94% but it is saying total download is only 268.32 MB which cannot be right. Last 6% is taking forever.

Why the hell can't it just be released at midnight?

Guess I'm staying up until 3 am. At least to make sure the download started. Then I'll crash.

Many of these companies seem to be west coast bias! I say, these companies should stop thinking that California is the center of the universe, as even the majority of the USA doesn't live on the west coast. Just make it released based on midnight UTC.

Launched game but now waiting for "Processing Large File" which is moving along slowly but steadily. At 22% now.

EDIT:

Great! "Error updating"

Downloading now. Hard to tell what the actual dl rate is because it keeps changing 2-3.5 MB/s so far.

EDIT:

Slowed to less than 30 KB/s at 94% but it is saying total download is only 268.32 MB which cannot be right. Last 6% is taking forever.

Downloads its own installer/downloader?

bah. hate to say it, but i should have just ordered on origin. damn amazon.

Eh, ordered it on Origin and still says it hasn't been released and I can't download it. Yes, I've tried restarting my computer and Origin, and same thing. The only difference is now it says there's a slow network and I can't connect to my games half the time.

It's not that they're unprepared, it's that they don't want to spend the money on infrastructure for a single day. After the first couple days, the demand goes down and the infrastructure they have works fine. The sysadmins can try and justify spending the money all they want but the bean counters don't care. They just see it as a waste for a single day.

Well good night, hope you all nighters get your game and some play time.

Going to be a loooong day at work tomorrow waiting to get home...

the second i got billed email, the game unlocked for me to download.

It's not that they're unprepared, it's that they don't want to spend the money on infrastructure for a single day. After the first couple days, the demand goes down and the infrastructure they have works fine. The sysadmins can try and justify spending the money all they want but the bean counters don't care. They just see it as a waste for a single day.

Then don't promise a 12:00AM release date.

Still greyed out in Origin. Come on...

Wait so Amazon gets it hours after it actually comes out? What in the world? My Amazon order says available march 4th at 10pm now but no download avail.

Many of these companies seem to be west coast bias! I say, these companies should stop thinking that California is the center of the universe, as even the majority of the USA doesn't live on the west coast. Just make it released based on midnight UTC.

All of it is made/designed/thought up out here, so it is the center of the universe. Move out of the sticks.

er, yeah. sorry, long day. i was under the impression it was launching at 12am PST.. :confused: so 3am EST. that's what it says on amazon..

Amazon DID say that up until about 2 hours ago...I just checked again and its since been changed to 10PST...a little closer to 12EST at least.

Amazon Preorder here, I have my key.

Update: Pre-ordered through Amazon but just redeemed my code in Origin and started download in Origin. Origin downloaded a 268meg file (even though it said it would need 12GB) hella fast at 7MB/s (even though I only have a 30Mb connection!) and now the SimCity launcher is "Processing Large File...Please Wait". It's sitting at 14%...and going very slowly....wonder wtf this is about...

Last edited:
I'm curious how this game will be received here. From the few articles I've read of people getting advanced copies, it seems like this game is very limited as far as size of cities. More so than Simcity 4. I hope it's not true....

I'm curious how this game will be received here. From the few articles I've read of people getting advanced copies, it seems like this game is very limited as far as size of cities. More so than Simcity 4. I hope it's not true....

Because the focus isn't city size. It's regions and running multiple cities and how it all interacts together.

Game is loaded and there are already a few online games being started...I tried joining one but couldn't cause I didn't have some of the required content...assuming it was some sort of pre-order specials from somewhere else...though I haven't gotten anything from Amazon about my "preorder specials"

keeps saying my city isnt being processsed properly and i have to rollback.

super fucking annoying.

gameplay is dope tho

Well, I bought the physical copy at Amazon. Will have to wait for shipping but I get $20 back. Will be playing on Thursday.

This is frustrating. I played Tomb Raider for a bit to wait SimCity to be completely downloaded. When I got in, I have to wait 30 mins to try to join the server. Why do they have to make this game always internet on?

This is frustrating. I played Tomb Raider for a bit to wait SimCity to be completely downloaded. When I got in, I have to wait 30 mins to try to join the server. Why do they have to make this game always internet on?

It's the future and the future is now. Also in the future you will be able to login; but that isn't now. Classified information on a need to know basis.

Oh god. I hope this is not another D3 BS. That shit pisses me off to no end. I could only manage to play the game for like 10 hrs for the first week. I tried constantly but it was always full or offline.

Error 37 is baaaaaaaack. I expect this will be an issue for at least the first week of launch. Since European players can access NA servers it will likely be a problem on Friday as well.

Well, I bought the physical copy at Amazon. Will have to wait for shipping but I get $20 back. Will be playing on Thursday.

Same here. You can't pass up on $20 credit. Prime members get release day delivery though. So mine should be here in 10 hours or so.

Well finally able to play after getting stuck at the load screen a few times. For some reason when I buy power from a neighbour I never end up with any power in my city - looks like I have to actually build a power plant first and then bulldoze it before the game figures it out. :\

Same here. You can't pass up on $20 credit. Prime members get release day delivery though. So mine should be here in 10 hours or so.

CAGROCKS digital download got 15$ off (making it 45) plus a 5 credit, basically the same value, so either way worked :).

Played for two and a half hours this morning - started at 4.30 eastern and didn't have any issues with the download or sign on (signed on once then to download/play, then again three hours later to show my wife my new city before I left for work). I'm really enjoying it so far!

I'm not surprised some folks had issues right around the launch time...I'm a little more surprised that people seem surprised! We've seen it before with other games, that the initial block of demand overwhelms servers - I'm not saying it's right (given it's caused by the always-on requirement), but I'm just amazed at the level of whining. How did you not see this coming? If you don't want to bother with possible launch issues, check out the game the day after launch.

Back