Silverstone TJ09!

Pics of it first before you round the corners? Just to see what it looks like on the case.

for sure! I am only going to do that if it bugs me anyways.. I guess I should not have said before the install. Anyways, with the black backgound it might be hard to see the edges also so it might look fine.. who knows!

To those who are watercooling, what are you finding are the best radiators for our case? Also, where do you mount them usually? on the top of our case (inside near top two fan slots), or on the top of our case, literally on top of it ?

Also, what's the best resevoir? Swifttech micro res?

The DooGie & revenant - Thanks for the compliments guys!!

revenant - Yeah I love it, works great, so great in fact I might get another for a new build. I'm going to try shoe horn one into a Lian-Li A05b!!

pics as promised

tj09-w1.jpg

tj09-w2.jpg

tj09-w3.jpg

I think it looks pretty awesome. :) The fan in the pics is this one. It's very quite and moves a decent amount of air. I was happily surprized by that. It looks cool also with the clear frame and chrome blades. :) I am not sure I want a grill on it yet.. but if I get one for that fan, I am looking at something like this one.

and one of the carbon fiber flame I put on the front of my case.. it's subtle, but I like it..
tj09-w4.jpg

Hey guys!
Does anyone know how to FLIP the HDD Cages so the conectores face the other side?

I've seen it somewhere but I can't quite figure out where.

Thanks ;)

LoL revenant you got me going there for a second. I saw your case and at first glance it looked like your carbon fiber stickers wernt stickers, and were actually cut out, I was like ZOMG where did it get it cut like that!!! They look almost exactly like the mesh on the hdd side panels. N E wayz awesome rig

TJ09's FTW

The TJ09 sure is one the most beautiful cases i've ever seen. One of my
personal favs..:)
Keep the pictures comin'

I'm thinking about doing dual loops for my set up so I drew a rough draft of my idea. I really dont want to waste money on a new case just so everything fits. So please comment on how it looks. Again, this is just an idea I have as putting everything on my pa120.3 is still a option.

Template1.jpg

Also note that I would remove the GPU fan. I dont know how this would look since the side panels have an open gap.

LoL revenant you got me going there for a second. I saw your case and at first glance it looked like your carbon fiber stickers wernt stickers, and were actually cut out, I was like ZOMG where did it get it cut like that!!! They look almost exactly like the mesh on the hdd side panels. N E wayz awesome rig

TJ09's FTW

lolz!! yeah, it's only a sticker.. I did my whole mobo tray also so it's solid carbon fiber looking.. I think I got that stuff on fleabay.. that or towerhobbies.. anyways..
I am still diggin my new side and those hyper fans.. now all my watercooling gear just showed up at home and I am in Minneapolis until Sunday.. lol (and btw, holy fuck it's cold here.. wow!). I guess I will doing some more work on thre rig next weekend! weeee

edit: yep, towerhobbies for those flames and blank sheet

LXEGF4 XXX Main Racing Carbon Fiber Blank Sticker 8x11" 1 $4.29
LXEGF3 XXX Main Racing Carbon Fiber Flames Sticker 1 $6.69

edit again: darkatom, that looks fairly sane to me. you could also rear mount the thermochill and then have the mrc220 fans exhasuting heat out of the case.. (mount the rad under the fans). I am not sure about this, but you might want to also run the nb and cpu on the same loop with the thermochil rad, because those 8800 gpus run pretty hot... er, maybe not vs the quad core.. hrm.. or let the gpu + nb have the bigger rad leaving the 220 for the cpu.. anyways.. it was just a thought. you might want to put that schematic in the OCing / WC section. :)

Hey guys!
Does anyone know how to FLIP the HDD Cages so the conectores face the other side?

Thanks ;)

Quote quote quote...

Answer answer answer... :eek:

I really need an answer

On a semi related note.. do people think is it possible to mount the PA120.3 on the back of the TJ09 and route the tubes through the WC holes we have already built in the back of the case? like the stacker shown on Petra's ?

tj.jpg

It might be a possibility, you would have to get its measurements but from the looks of it, you would have to mount it with the top 120, seeing that the 120 exhaust on the Tj09 is on the top. Also you would need 90 degree barbs for the tubing, and it would be quite the turn for that tubing if you mounted it the way they did to get it into those ports ,also keep in mind the power cord in the back, it looks (at least on mine) that that would interfere with tubes on the bottom going towards the ports.

Here's mine with a Swiftech MCR320 external rad. It's not a PA120.3, but you get the idea. It's mounted using a radbox on the middle fan. I mounted the radiator with the barbs facing away from the case at the bottom, so that the tubing makes a gentle loop, instead of having to try to make tight turns or use elbows. The device with the red LED you see on the side of the rad is a fan controller that can power 4 fans each @5V, 7V and 12V.

Way further back in this thread is my older setup in this case with a MCCR220 mounted inside at the top. The move to an overclocked Q6600 made the temps a bit high for comfort. A bonus of moving the radiator outside is I don't have all that hot air dump in the case.

The drawback of using the built in tubing holes in the case is that it leads to some long runs. At some point I'll move it to the outside top ala Darkatom's build.

IMG_0561.jpg

Sorry the picture's not better. It's a PITA to move it out to get a better shot of the back.

Hey guys, Currently I have 3 120mm Rads cooling down the water that runs thourgh my Watercooling loop. For now it's cooling down a Q6600 and a 8800 Ultra.
But I want to add Chipset cooling too and to get the temperature down a bit, so I was thinking on adding ANOTHER 120mm Radiator.
I made a quick rough sketch just to give you an idea:

sketchtn2.jpg

It me with any doubts, do you think the inside of the case would be too hot? Any different Fan orientation?

It looks to be like a very restrictive loop. I'd recommend replacing the top two rads with one mcr 220 while still have a silgle 120mm rad on the exhaust fan and the gpu fan. Just make sure you have a powerful pump to maintain good pressure throughout the loop.

This is NOT a High-Flux system, my tubing is around 1.2cm wide (Less than half an inch).

ATM I have 3 rads and the flow is around 160l/h., but my Laing DDC-Pro isn't even trying, I have it set to Silent mode though an Aquacomputer Poweradjust, I think it will easily maintain that flow. ;)

Hey guys!

Thanks ;)

I'm curious about this too, I know I saw someone on here to this but I can't seem to find it ( yes I used search first).

DSC05131.JPG

DSC05132.JPG

DSC05133.JPG

Lol. Ignore the ghetto fan. I was just messing around. The fan was actually for me when I was building the computer over the summer because it was hot.

By the way, this rig has 8 fans :)

MyOffice.JPG

Q6600!

LoL that chair looks like its been thru Armageddon. Vietpho if you could I would re-rout those sata cables around the passthru, it would look alot cleaner, anywho nice rig!

Basically, what you need to do is remove the screws that hold the handles on to the cage, and then remove the handle and remount it 180 degrees from how it was before.

It makes for a tight fit, but doing this allowed me to tidy up my HD cabling quite a bit:)

Basically, what you need to do is remove the screws that hold the handles on to the cage, and then remove the handle and remount it 180 degrees from how it was before.

It makes for a tight fit, but doing this allowed me to tidy up my HD cabling quite a bit:)

Thanks a lot mate!

HI,
I'm new on this forum and I'm very happy to finally find a place with the right information about the product I own. :D

I saw a lot of time people changing the stock fan to some other, more cfm , less db. I want to do the same but it'slook like all the fans don't have the same measure,120mm ok but the thickness of the fan are not the same. Could I have a problem there.

Just an other small question, I saw one dude on that forum installing an air filter in the intake fan on the back of the case. dome someone try to install an other air filter in the in intake fan on the front. It is possible or not to do that. :confused:

Thank's

sorry english isn't my first langage

In the TJ09 all the fans are 120mm and I don't think they have different thickness. You can replace them with any regular 120mm fan.

There really isn't a "intake" on the back of the case, its supposed to be a exhaust. And I dont know if I would put a filter back there, it would prevent dust from exiting the case IMO. The Graphics card fan, or the "intake" can be taken off and you could put a filter in there, but believe me is a PITA.

All done, please note the thermalright hr09 mosfet coolers did not make the final build. This is because the I/O side one made contact with 2 caps there, I didnt want to risk shortening out my maximus formula so I ditched them.

Before:

Picture001-2.jpg

After:

Picture019-1.jpg

Picture032-1.jpg

Picture061.jpg

Picture066.jpg

Picture081.jpg

Picture084.jpg

Picture102.jpg

Picture104.jpg

Anyone have problems with interference to their front audio ports? If I had no audio playing, I would hear any hdd or video card activity out of the front audio ports, but not the back.

I started moving the wire and noticed that the interference increased when i moved it towards a fan. I ended up wrapping the wire with tinfoil and electrical tape, and then sleeving. Worked beautifully :).

maybe.. OCing is out of the question, but at default clocks, with good case ventilation I bet that runs ok... granted, the gpus will likely be in the 80s (upper), but they can handle that..

ok what is the word on the fan orientation .. which is it supposed to be ..
right now i have the top and back fans as exhaust and the front one as intake ..

Curse all of you!!!!!

I don't even want to know how much money this forum has cost me since I joined recently.

Thanks to this thread, I'm headed out the door to pick up a TJ09BW . . . and it's all your fault!!!

Back