Silverstone TJ09!

I've been following this great thread for quite some time now, so i thought to share some pics as well.
The TJ09 photos that SlikRig posted some weeks ago really convinced me that this would be my new case !

Oh btw, it's my first post on this forum so... hello everybody :D

Hey...This case is way to nice to put on the floor.

Wecome to the forum and this thread..

Congrats on your 09, what exactly did you feed it with ? Do you have another pic with the side panel off?

Here's mine:

CPU cooling is a Swiftech H20-120 Premium with the radiator replaced by the 2x120 (Swiftech MCR220-QP) and top mounted. Fans are controlled by a Crystalfontz CF631 mounted in the floppy bay. It's only been together for 1 day, but everything seems to be working real well. This has been a great case to work with.

My initial thought was to use 2 single 120mm rads top mounted, but the plumbing was kinda funky and 1 barb on the rear rad was very close to the mobo tray. Moving to the double rad was pretty simple. It's mounted through the mesh a the top of the case. There is a bar across the middle of the mesh area that interferes, but I just used some rubber washers to space the rad and it's fine. I need to replace the mesh due to a few "extra" holes I made for the dual radiators mock up and will look into removing the bar at that point.

@Clump: nice setup u have there !

@all: thanks for the welcome :)

@ SlikRig:

AMD64 4800 X2 (Toledo)
MSI K8N Diamond Plus
2 x 7900 GTX in SLI
2048mb Corsair TwinX 3200
200 Samsung Spinpoint (PATA), soon to be replaced by SATA drive
Yesico Silentcool 560W, Modular

and another pic without the sidepanel (yep, definitely needs some more cable organizing!)

Still to decide which 120mm fans will go inside, must be blue-led type. Anyone with some good advice on this ?

NJ1972 said:
Still to decide which 120mm fans will go inside, must be blue-led type. Anyone with some good advice on this ?
For LED fans I use this. They're dead silent but don't push a lot of air; however that shouldn't be a problem if you're using 3 of them as exhaust.

Hello to all.
I am suffering very many, until January in Italy will not be commercialized. :(

SlikRig said:
What the hell dose that mean?? :confused:
Allow me to translate. "I am suffering a lot, because it will not be sold until January in Italy." Not that hard, right? And I don't even speak Italian :D

Thanks for the pics, fellas. Looks like keeping clean cable routing to the HDD cage is a real task with this case.

SlikRig said:
What the hell dose that mean?? :confused:
Haha..right slik..what does that mean..WaCk :D

NJ1972 ..it may need some wire work yes,but At lease you got something to play with..:D
I'm waiting for my chezze to get riight so I can buy the case..of Course mb and CPU..
I got 2/8800 GTX bfg's SLI BABY>>WOOT! ..memory,keyboard,Plextor SATA DVD 755sa..and I'm going to have to get a better power supply..Need more power for the Rig..600Watts wouldn't do..(SilverStone 600Watts pwr )
Soon I hope to post my pic's and the wire mgt will be done up for sure...;)

MentatYP said:
Allow me to translate. "I am suffering a lot, because it will not be sold until January in Italy." Not that hard, right? And I don't even speak Italian :D
Thanks MentalYP
Say hello to the teacher SlikRig

NJ1972 said:
I've been following this great thread for quite some time now, so i thought to share some pics as well.
The TJ09 photos that SlikRig posted some weeks ago really convinced me that this would be my new case !

Oh btw, it's my first post on this forum so... hello everybody :D
Why did you put the optical drive smack dab in the middle? Molex wouldn't reach?

Eagle156 said:
Why did you put the optical drive smack dab in the middle? Molex wouldn't reach?

Don't have a real reason for that besides it is handy to put some unwanted cables out of sight on top of the dvd player :D

But you're right, it looks better when fitted in the top bay.

Mine is loud, but thats coming from a Shuttle which was super quiet. This case will be as quiet as you want to make it. If its too loud, get diff fans or fanbus to quiet them down.

NJ1972..just wanted to ask what kind of power supply do you have in that puppy??

NJ1972,

i noticed that your ram is sitting together... not sure about your board.. but i dont think yoru ram is in DUAL channel? you might need to put both sticks in the same color on the ram slots so you can have more bandwidth in dual channel... you will notice a difference in gaming....

im tempted to get one of these in black to replace my stacker 830 ..
what do u guys think ?!?

@ Darkside: a Yesico Silentcool 560Watt: Link

@ videomasterz: yep, you noticed that right, they're sitting nicely together :) I guess thats one of the drawbacks of MSI boards. For working in dual channel they must be placed like this...

MattyB said:
Can you guys comment on how quiet your rigs are? Is fan noise a problem? Thanks.

The 2 fans it comes with seem to be medium speed, fairly quiet fans. The "video intake" fan the case comes with uses a molex for power and a seperate tach lead, so it needs to be replaced or modded to a 3 pin in order to be controlled. I added 3 medium speed (1600RPM) Scythe fans and with all 5 at 100% it's still quieter than the Stacker it replaced. Using a fan controller to takethem down to 70% it gets pretty quiet. The Crystalfontz controller supports thermal probes and the fans can be tied to them, so that is working out real well for me.

The 2 fans it comes with seem to be medium speed, fairly quiet fans. The "video intake" fan the case comes with uses a molex for power and a seperate tach lead, so it needs to be replaced or modded to a 3 pin in order to be controlled. I added 3 medium speed (1600RPM) Scythe fans and with all 5 at 100% it's still quieter than the Stacker it replaced. Using a fan controller to takethem down to 70% it gets pretty quiet. The Crystalfontz controller supports thermal probes and the fans can be tied to them, so that is working out real well for me.

Thanks for the info! Appreciate it. Mine is on order, should be here Wednesday.

i'm looking in to getting a black tj09, but I have controlled myself from getting it right now, cause i'm thinking some place will have a christmas sale and I will be able to get it cheaper. Plus, i'll have a little christmas money that I can throw towards it. I normally go for the cases that have a ton going on as far as looks and stuff. I love the classic look of this case and just looking at the brushed aluminum look and the interior structure I can't begin to tell you how well built it looks. The hard drive compartment with the mess looks awesome. I can't wait to get this case even though it kills me spend $300. I guess that just means that I'll have it a lot longer than a case I would've spent like a $120 on or something which is fine by me because it will last friggin forever. Look how much room it has in it for future component like video cards and power supplies to get longer. I'm liking this case so much that I have to paint the front bezel on my white dvd-rom so it will match my soon to be owned black tj09.

i've been a lurker for a while now, but seein as i've taken on the daunting task of building my own pc, i decided to become a member of this very informative site.

this case is fantastic looking, so much so i've joined the ranks of other TJ09 case owners :p

call me stupid, but i decide to take the liberty of doing a lil something more to the interior. Yes i know its aluminum and doing this and this , may reduce its overall cooling ability by transferring the heat. But, with the cpu cooler (koolit freezone :rolleyes: , i know its a premade kit, but i hear great things) i'm gonna get, along with an upgrade in the fans, i feel i can go for a cleaner look.

more pics to come later,

specs:
evga 680i mobo
e6600
evga 8800gtx
2gig Buffalo firestix
seagate 74gig 10000 rpm hd
western digital 320gig hd
matsumi 3.5" floppy/card reader
samsung cd/dvd rw

nvusgt said:
i've been a lurker for a while now, but seein as i've taken on the daunting task of building my own pc, i decided to become a member of this very informative site.

this case is fantastic looking, so much so i've joined the ranks of other TJ09 case owners :p

call me stupid, but i decide to take the liberty of doing a lil something more to the interior. Yes i know its aluminum and doing this and this , may reduce its overall cooling ability by transferring the heat. But, with the cpu cooler (koolit freezone :rolleyes: , i know its a premade kit, but i hear great things) i'm gonna get, along with an upgrade in the fans, i feel i can go for a cleaner look.

more pics to come later,

specs:
evga 680i mobo
e6600
evga 8800gtx
2gig Buffalo firestix
seagate 74gig 10000 rpm hd
western digital 320gig hd
matsumi 3.5" floppy/card reader
samsung cd/dvd rw

Hahaha..i love the black intr...cant wait to see the future pic's
But..dont you mean WD 74G 10000rpm drives?? (seagate 74gig 10000 rpm hd)!!

correct you are, i was in a rush to get that posted. I literally hit "Post" and ran out the door so i wouldn't be later lol

Thank you. I have been looking for that. Is there any other places for price comparison? Sorry that is in me for price comparision

I have the tj-09bw and although it is a nice case, I really don't like it all that much because it's overkill for what i need. I was going to get an 8800gtx but have decided to keep my gts instead. I only have 2 drives and it leaves a lot of unused space. If i had it to do again i would have gone for the antec 900. It is a superb case though and attention to detail is excellent.

What i'm looking to see is someone with a nice neat wire job in this bad boy.

I'm thinking about maybe getting one, but i'd like to see it all wired up nice and neat first.

Would it be advisable to wait until christmas day or after christmas to order a tj09? I'll be getting a newegg giftcard for christmas and even though newegg is a little more than other places on this case, I would order there because of the gift card. Does newegg have christmas sales and is it on only certain things or majority of things? Do you think that they will possibly put this case on sale for christmas?

I don't think I would call it HOT. Yeah, its hot in that everyone wants it, but I don't think its hot from newegg in that everyone is buying them. There is only a couple of reviews on each case on newegg which doesn't mean only a few people have bought them but not a ton of people. I guess we'll just have to find out. If there isn't a sale on it, then i'll probably buy it anyway.

Astrodave said:
I have the tj-09bw and although it is a nice case, I really don't like it all that much because it's overkill for what i need. I was going to get an 8800gtx but have decided to keep my gts instead. I only have 2 drives and it leaves a lot of unused space. If i had it to do again i would have gone for the antec 900. It is a superb case though and attention to detail is excellent.

Trade ya my Nine Hundred for your TJ09BW plus some cash.

Finally..some wire work and I will be done
X6800
Evga 8800GTX
OCZ Ti Alpha x 2gig
LSI Scsi controller
Fujitsu x 2
SilverStone 750w
DMX 24/96 (makes it sing)
there is 4m of scsi wire in this case..ran stable at 3.8ghz on air..vid card gets a little warm..

sdgserv said:
Finally..some wire work and I will be done
X6800
Evga 8800GTX
OCZ Ti Alpha x 2gig
LSI Scsi controller
Fujitsu x 2
SilverStone 750w
DMX 24/96 (makes it sing)
there is 12m of scsi wire in this case..ran stable at 3.8ghz on air..vid card gets a little warm..
QUOTE]

Man you're funny. You got expensive fresh hardware and keyboard from 90's :)

Back