Silverstone TJ09!

senfter said:
Hi everyone
Please does that fan between the hard drives blow air up normally? Or down?
The way you want the air to flow just depends on how you flip the fan..you can set it to blow either way...up or down...its your choice

SlikRig said:
The way you want the air to flow just depends on how you flip the fan..you can set it to blow either way...up or down...its your choice

Hey Slik..did you get the rest of your parts yet??

Darkside said:
Eagle156 ...good looking out..
:eek: :D
yeah, well I was looking at the auto pricing ad on that page and saw the case selling for $180!!! :eek:

But then I realized the thing fucked up and listed the price for another case. :(

I was a big fan of this case from what I saw but couldn't find any in stock so I bought a Lian Li G-70. I dont have a TJ09 to compare it with but I have owned a dozen or so cases and am VERY pleased. Not sure if the TJ09 is worth almost $100 more though. Haven't seen anything to make it worth that extra money over the G70.

SlikRig said:

Thanks but which is the purpose? In both method there will be always a slot without air flow..

Teecee said:
I was a big fan of this case from what I saw but couldn't find any in stock so I bought a Lian Li G-70. I dont have a TJ09 to compare it with but I have owned a dozen or so cases and am VERY pleased. Not sure if the TJ09 is worth almost $100 more though. Haven't seen anything to make it worth that extra money over the G70.
Do you mean the Lian Li PC-G70? True the TJ09 is $100 more if you're shopping at Newegg., but it's only $50 more at Directron. Newegg is up to their typical popular new product price gouging again :mad: Granted Directron offers the windowless one, which also makes it cheaper, but Directron's price on the windowed version is still lower than Newegg's.

Do you have a photo of your mobo mounted inside of your case? The popular question of the day is, "Will an 8800GTX fit inside it?" If you have a photo of your stuff setup inside, that would be a nice visual aid. Also, Newegg's description claims that the HDD cage holds 6 HDDs, but it in the photo it looks like a 3-disk deal. What gives? Are they mounted vertically maybe? And is that cage easily removable?

MentatYP said:
Do you mean the Lian Li PC-G70? True the TJ09 is $100 more if you're shopping at Newegg., but it's only $50 more at Directron. Newegg is up to their typical popular new product price gouging again :mad: Granted Directron offers the windowless one, which also makes it cheaper, but Directron's price on the windowed version is still lower than Newegg's.

Do you have a photo of your mobo mounted inside of your case? The popular question of the day is, "Will an 8800GTX fit inside it?" If you have a photo of your stuff setup inside, that would be a nice visual aid. Also, Newegg's description claims that the HDD cage holds 6 HDDs, but it in the photo it looks like a 3-disk deal. What gives? Are they mounted vertically maybe? And is that cage easily removable?

TWO 8800GTX will fit inside. Check my sig. I will take a photo as soon as my K100D arrives this week. 6 HDDs sounds right to me. I have two in there now with tons of room. The cage is removable.

Teecee said:
TWO 8800GTX will fit inside. Check my sig. I will take a photo as soon as my K100D arrives this week. 6 HDDs sounds right to me. I have two in there now with tons of room. The cage is removable.

Cool, thanks. K100D, eh? I'd love to have a carry-anywhere, non-intrusive DSLR setup with a K10D (drool...) and some pancake lenses, but I'm deeply invested in Canon equipment. Maybe if I get a gigantic Christmas bonus this year. Heh, not likely :) Have fun with your new camera.

MentatYP said:
Cool, thanks. K100D, eh? I'd love to have a carry-anywhere, non-intrusive DSLR setup with a K10D (drool...) and some pancake lenses, but I'm deeply invested in Canon equipment. Maybe if I get a gigantic Christmas bonus this year. Heh, not likely :) Have fun with your new camera.

Thanks. It will be my first DSLR. Did weeks of research and spent a lot of time in the store playing with several. It should arrive on Wednesday.

Here is my G70 with two 8800GTX. Plenty of room to spare.

computer014.jpg

I bought the TJ09 (black) last week and have to say, this case is the closest to Soldam (RIP) in build quality I have seen so far. Of course its price is approaching those of Soldam cases, so I had appropriately high expectations which the case mostly lives up to IMO. I do have a few gripes, which may not matter to others as much as to me.

Gripe 1> Had to remove the top of the case in order to slide in the motherboard tray with Tuniq Tower 120 installed. Changing the orientation of the Tuniq would have solved this, but I feel there should be better clearance up top since the PSU is located at the bottom anyway, and the top space is just occupied by vents.
Gripe 2> I would have liked some cable management/guides around the hard drives cages.
Gripe 3> Top fan setup more amenable to adding a water radiator. Yes, the case can be modded to work, but I was hoping it would be minimal, which it does not appear to be, at least for a PA120.2.

Still, its a keeper for me.

Teecee said:
Yup. Runs two 8800GTX fine.

I got a Silverstone 600watt Power supply..thinking i would be good for my 2/BFG 8800 GTX's...darn..Hey anybody want to buy a 600 watt power supply :eek: :(

sdgserv said:
Some pic..Almost done
Hi
May you say me how are you going to install the fan between two hard drive bay, the flow direction up or down?
Consider the grate down the case under the power supply, is it better to install it backed to permit the power supply fan to aspire outside?
(sorry for my english)

I installed the fan to push up to the Hd's..That way it will pull air thru the bottom vent. I don't think this is a good solution..The fan should be on top or botton so that air can flow over both racks of HD's. I am using SCSI 15000 RPM drives.

This comp.
Asus PW5 Wi fi
Intel x6800
OCZ Ti Alpa
Evga 880 GTX
SilverStone 750w
Lsi Scsi controller
Fujitsu 2x HD's
Zalman 9700
Terratec 6Fire

I have all fans running and it is quiet and cool. I can OC the Cpu to 3.8 on air. The hottest thing in the case is the PS. As usual they never give you enough room for wires to the HDs...SATA drives with L connectors will be ok. Because of the center fan for the HDs..You can't come up thru the racks..All and all this is a really good case.
I get 13 and some change on SuperPi..One hell of a Proc. Absolutley detroys my FX 60. I was playing around with AquaMark3 and went over 200,000

EagleOne said:
sdgserv: those look like sas scsi hds and sas scsi controller.......
very very cool sdg

I keep getting Sparks and it is Arching to the frame from the Hd's but who cares not mine.

LOL..what a light show

Does anyone know how the TJ09's cooling compares to the v1000 II, v1200 II, or v2000 II? I'm having a real hard time deciding between the two.

I dont know how they compare,but I would replace those stock silverstone fans,..thats what I did with my 09 and now the air flow is awesome :cool:

So about the HDD fan: the air goes up, but where does it go from there? Does it hit the bottom of the 5.25" cage? Is there routing to make it go toward the middle of the case so the top blowhole fans can expel it, or does it just kinda spread wherever it pleases? Without some kind of routing mechanism I would think there'd be a kind of dead spot where the hot air just sits without anything encouraging it to go one way or another.

The hard drive area is enclosed in the case, hard drive intake/exhaust are done through the side panel mesh vents and the bottom case vent mesh...I really can't see a dead spot occuring with a 120mm fan stuffed between the HD cages

sdgserv .... fire that up and give us some GPU type and temps; both idle and load.

Thanks M8

Same goes for anyone else with the case :D

I will..I am waiting on a Terratec with the Break out box

Some temps

CPU..This new Intel seems to run cool
Idle 30deg
Load..OC'd 42 deg

8800 GTX..what a beast
Idle 56 deg

Load ?

Some thoughts on the Vantec 9700
Damn thing works works well. Some one on this forum wanted to know if you can slide
the MoBo tray in an out with the Vantec on..Yes..Plenty of room..I did not think it would
allow it, but no Problem..There is approx. 1 1/2 inches left..

Case..
Alway just a few deg hotter than the CPU. For it to work properly the case must be closed up.

SlikRig said:
The hard drive area is enclosed in the case, hard drive intake/exhaust are done through the side panel mesh vents and the bottom case vent mesh...I really can't see a dead spot occuring with a 120mm fan stuffed between the HD cages
So the HDD cage is completely sealed off from the rest of the cage, and the hot air gets blown out through the side vents? Interesting. Not that it would probably make that much of a difference, but wouldn't that warm air raise the temperature around the intake grill for the HDDs at the bottom of the case too? Probably just over-thinking it here, but it's fun to theorize.

So if the HDD cage is sealed off, how do you get cables to it? Anybody have a photo of how this is done? An angled shot pointed at the HDD cage taken from somewhere near the back of the case would be great.

You have to come in from the back of the case with the Power cords. Front of the case for the Sata or Pata or Scsi cables. I will take some pics in a little while so you can see. Wires would be clean on SATA with angle cords. SCSI no way.

You can't go underneath the middle fan with a molex..I will take some pics in a little while for you. If anybody has a better idea, I am all ears..would like to clean it up a litle

guys the tj09's look great. any chance the hard drives could b mounted the other way so the connectores go in on the back side, that would make routing the cables to them easier or so i would think.

i would love to get one but have no money

sdgserv said:
I will..I am waiting on a Terratec with the Break out box

Some temps

sdg...sorry buddy to be so explicit... but include the ambient room temp when you quote the GPU, Chipset, CPU, and in Case Temps. Man i would love to play with this thing!

On that note... no one still has forwarded any ideas of how they might modify this case... and dont give me that "this case is perfect" line :D

Back