Silverstone Sugo SG09

I'm getting one of these soon as its back in stock Amazon (gift cards). Should I go micro atx or itx with a 3570k cpu? Gonna use it for htcp 75% and some light gaming like Xcom.

I'm really starting to love this case (just looking at it, don't have it) because it's unique.

It's the ONLY SFF (that I know of) with cable management & routing behind the motherboard and away from disturbing the airflow.

I wonder why other SFF manufacturers don't just raise the motherboard tray and allow all the cables behind it. I'm sick of having to manage a bird's nest in a SFF case.

I'm getting one of these soon as its back in stock Amazon (gift cards). Should I go micro atx or itx with a 3570k cpu? Gonna use it for htcp 75% and some light gaming like Xcom.

Imo, no point in doing mITX in a mATX case, unless you don't plan on keeping the case that long and want the mITX as you're going to downsize.

Received the case. Just need to wait for my mobo, CPU, and RAM to get here. The case is so tiny compared to my CM690 or FT02!

Ordered, should be here by the end of the week. For some reason it is marked shipped from FrozenCPU, but no tracking number :(.

You'll probably get that in another email today. I ordered from FrozenCPU as well and have a delivery date of Thursday this week.

Just got it today from FrozenCPU. Looks nicer than expected. Only thing I did not anticipate is you can't install 2 2.5 and 2 3.5 drives. I have my SSD lying on the bottom and 2 hard drives attached behind the motherboard.

This shows a 3.5 and a 2.5 mounted. I thought you could get 2 3.5 and 4 2.5 in the back?

222314fksnpdrnkkvkdyd1.jpg

A little tight with the cables otherwise looks fine. Also had to remove the side fan as the PSU
plug was in the way.

How do I post the photo?

A few pics:

img0425sa.jpg

img0426yt.jpg

img0427mx.jpg

img0428kkw.jpg

Last edited:
I effing LOVE this case!!! I got all the parts in except the GPU (I will purchase later after I sell off my previous gaming computer). Cable management is awesome, my CPU is kept cool, and I can easily see that my GPU will be kept cool as well. The only issue I ran into was that the PSU (Seasonic X-750) power plug got in the way of the side fan... so I popped open the Seasonic X-750 and after much headache, I flipped the power plug socket to go the other way around.

I had to void warranty to do so though. :D

Too busy OCing right now to post pics yet... also, no GPU. BUT, as an example... (using other people's pics)

Instead of this:
DOw51g

I have something like this:
DSC03415.jpg

Before doing this, I had concern that the power SWITCH would get in the way of the cord, but it wasn't an issue. The cord just sat right over the switch without preventing complete access to the switch.

Last edited:
I effing LOVE this case!!! I got all the parts in except the GPU (I will purchase later after I sell off my previous gaming computer). Cable management is awesome, my CPU is kept cool, and I can easily see that my GPU will be kept cool as well. The only issue I ran into was that the PSU (Seasonic X-750) power plug got in the way of the side fan... so I popped open the Seasonic X-750 and after much headache, I flipped the power plug socket to go the other way around.

I have the same PSU so I will definitely need to do this. I'll post pics of it tomorrow after I do that mod.

I have the same PSU so I will definitely need to do this. I'll post pics of it tomorrow after I do that mod.

It's actually a really tough mod. They cleverly cut the pieces so that it would be impossible for the switch and plug to accidentally fall out. It's not even screwed in... You will see when you open up the PSU. I should have taken pictures, but I was losing hair from trying to get the mod done so I got engrossed in the task.

I used a ziptie to keep the pieces that flare out closed onto the plug piece but that wasn't enough force. You have to pop out the switch piece so you have room to squeeze in your finger and hold the flared parts closed. This is not a mod for people with weak fingers. Lol.

Sorry for the iphone pics (still saving for a real camera). I did the PSU mod which was somewhat a pita but completely worth it. Loving this case so far, but definitely want to swap some case fans out and cut my own PSU cables to length in the future. For now I am just going to enjoy it :)

dL6dcl.jpg

DROySl.jpg

fP4tsl.jpg

waySel.jpg

I did have to take the second fan off the noctua heatsink to fit the 120 in there. It is very close so even just trimming down the excess on the fan would let them both fit. I am going to see how this works heat wise though for now.

dHirel.jpg

The shortage of this case is only 2 3.5HDD. I mod the case, put 2 extra 3.5 hdd under PSU. ;-)
post picture later.

Wonder if there is any hope of finding a replacement power cable that is angled the other way? I also have the Seasonic X-750 and I would pay a few dollars to not have to crack it open to fit the side 120mm fan. looking for this now I'll update if I find a cheap alternative.

Wonder if there is any hope of finding a replacement power cable that is angled the other way? I also have the Seasonic X-750 and I would pay a few dollars to not have to crack it open to fit the side 120mm fan. looking for this now I'll update if I find a cheap alternative.

This could work: http://www.amazon.com/AudioQuest-po...F8&qid=1351401265&sr=8-4&keywords=iec+adapter

But not owning the case nor that adapter I'm not sure it will fit between the end of the PSU and the door.

Every Right-angle bend cable I found bends to the same side as the one in the case so changing it out won't help.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
damn this case is awsome, one of the best internal layout i've seem so far but damn its fugly,

I'd wait for the SG10(SG09 with facelift)

Just want to help show people how awesomely tiny this case is, despite the ability to fit any component in there and still have strong airflow and cable management.

Just want to help show people how awesomely tiny this case is, despite the ability to fit any component in there and still have strong airflow and cable management.

Any inside pictures?

I'm coming from a coolermaster HAF XM which is huge next to my desk. . .I want to just buy a mATX motherboard and probably transfer to a case like this. Does anyone know if this case could support the H100? I know it only has a single 120mm spot on the side panel, but with a little drilling the spacing looks like it could fit one.

I'm coming from a coolermaster HAF XM which is huge next to my desk. . .I want to just buy a mATX motherboard and probably transfer to a case like this. Does anyone know if this case could support the H100? I know it only has a single 120mm spot on the side panel, but with a little drilling the spacing looks like it could fit one.

Are you planning on using 2 fans or 4 fans?

I'm using 4 fans in my current setup, 2 of those being the ultra thin scythe fans. . .I could probably get away with 2.

Really cool case, but the front of it is so incredibly ugly, I couldn't bare having to look at it.

I remeasured, and I think I'm going with the HAF XB. Still full ATX, but will better fit my desk and leave me good cooling with proper mounting for my H100. Not to mention not having to switch out a perfectly good motherboard, always a plus!

I am looking to switch from my Fractal Design full tower to one of these. I have a 3570K, H80 Cooler, and would need to switch to a mATX board. Will the H80 fit on that back spot without interfering with the top 180mm fan?

Can the H80 be mounted on the outside of the case instead?

I never thought about that, But i would need some way to pull the whole water block through the back of the case since the hoses cannot be detached.

At that point I might just go with a big HSF setup.

I am looking to switch from my Fractal Design full tower to one of these. I have a 3570K, H80 Cooler, and would need to switch to a mATX board. Will the H80 fit on that back spot without interfering with the top 180mm fan?

I fit the H70 with push pull (two fans) on the back 120mm spot just fine. Plenty of room for it. Admittedly, you block some of the space in front of the 180mm fan, but it's really a non-issue. It's such a small case that the air just diverts around the rad and fans and still moves most of the air in the case. With all the other fans in the case, there is a lot of positive air pressure.

I will post pics after Thanksgiving once I install an internal fan controller. This is a case that has almost nothing for quiet operation so I feel a fan controller to be very necessary. It won't get here until the week after Thanksgiving though.

Back