Silverstone Sugo SG09

FT03 is probably more expensive... SG09 is a gamer case, FT03 capable as it is is not designed for gamers who move and tinker with theirs PCs

Thanks for the feedbacks!

First I just want to let you guys know that SG09 has been finalized and there would be no styling changes done to it. Our target is to ship this case by next month (with general availability worldwide completed by August).

Still waiting, take my moneys! International availability by the beginning or end of August? I didn't see anywhere in the US in July that I could buy it from.

I can't wait to read the reviews on this case, looks mighty tempting.

Still waiting, take my moneys! International availability by the beginning or end of August? I didn't see anywhere in the US in July that I could buy it from.

Sorry about this, obviously our target was not met for this product's release timeframe! We are around 3-4 weeks late on our schedule though...

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but... That's a face only a mother could love :/

I can't understand what's going on with all the different sizes of fans. Disappointed that there's no place designed to hold a radiator except for the 120mm exhaust.

I'll be interested to see if there will be another version with a different face similar to sg07/sg08 or the 05/06, but I am definitely excited for this case from an air cooler point of view and will be picking one up for sure when available. Thanks Tony.

I'm thinking about putting it in a old loudspeaker. Do you think that would work? I'm a little bit worried about the air flow. What are your ideas to hide it?

I'm kind of lazy so I'm not sure if I really want to do it. Much easier just to get a more classy case design. I have the money for it. But I like the idea of creating something special.

I love taking weird looking cases and turning them into masterpieces.
This has a lot of potential if you have some imagination and time to mod.

I don't know why people hate the front so much I think it makes the computer look like a BEAST without too many tacky zig zags like for example the armor a30 by thermaltake.

Besides I'm tired of the bland front ends, I like the aggressive style of this one, it looks like the front grille of like a chrysler or something (imagine giving it a custom paint job, sick stuff). Some SFF case styles should have a good blend of style that offsets the diminutive nature.

Although I have to say, the redo by the OP is pretty sick as well.

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but... That's a face only a mother could love :/

lol yeah i thought the same thing. i think i'll wait for version 2, the 'pretty' one to come out :p

for the guy above: it reminds me of a transformers logo

So any idea when this case'll be available for sale?

It's already available in Asia, hoping it'll hit amazon / newegg soon.

(1st day purchase here) I'm a sucker for SFF cases.

So any idea when this case'll be available for sale?

It's already available in Asia, hoping it'll hit amazon / newegg soon.

(1st day purchase here) I'm a sucker for SFF cases.

See answer below

The product page is up now:

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=345

The case will start shipping out of our factory soon so below are my guesstimate on availability:

Asia - 1 ~ 2 weeks
North America - 3 ~ 4 weeks
Europe - 4 ~ 6 weeks

Pricing with vary depending on location.

lol yeah i thought the same thing. i think i'll wait for version 2, the 'pretty' one to come out :p

for the guy above: it reminds me of a transformers logo
it reminds me of those oscillating heaters you put in the bathroom:

HWLHZ7204U.jpg

H100 is a double 120mm cooler so I don't see how it would fit withouth modding, you'd probably want to go with one of the extra thick 120mm rads H80 I think or is it H90, I don't use the corsair coolers.

I'm thinking if I get it and don't like how it looks in person I can always mod the front a bit and re-paint.
Something along these lines
sg0934view02.jpg

sg0934view02copy.jpg

I agree. You should show this to Silversstone. I would buy this in a second.

Alright guys, you've convinced me I should at least try to bring my design to Silverstone's attention. I dropped Tony Ou a PM, but he hasn't logged in in a while and probably has a lot of PMs. So...

Would you like to see Silverstone produce my redesign of the SG09? Here's how you can help:

- Leave a note on Silverstone's facebook politely expressing your enthusiasm for the design and linking back to this thread. It doesn't hurt to mention that you'd buy it.

- Post in this thread in support, if you haven't yet.

- Let anyone else know that might be interested.

If enough people get on board we have a chance of making this happen. We'll get their attention at least! :p

Done

https://www.facebook.com/SilverStoneTechnology

SS make phenomenal cases, but i must say your SG09 case leaves something to be desired.. to be specific, if SS were to take this design into consideration i would of already bought the case! The current case seems dated to me..

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1038813830&postcount=17

Thanks, though I probably should've deleted that post earlier. I'm pretty sure SS is well aware of it by now :p

Ultimately it's probably down to how well the case sells in its current form that will determine if/when it gets a revision or alternate design.

The silverstone sg09 looks to be the best matx case out there by far. Why? Beautiful deep black color, lots of vent openings for air and fans. The grille makes this look mean! This is a Darth Vader style case! My plan is to add led lights inside with a remote control to change the colors. I do like the Bitfenix and also the Lian Li pc-tu200. Next to this case though they look subdued. The Sg09 also has awesome cable management behind the motherboard and room for the drives. This creates an uncluttered look and awesome airflow unlike the Lian Li. I plan to buy the Sugo bag for it and can easily take it on the plane with me since I live in South America. Looking forward to the reviews and availability. I do not see any weakness, the slot load optical is smart, the look is not ruined by a unsightly drive bay. Move over Prodigy, this bad boy is not taking any prisoners and is the new benchmark is sff gaming cases! My build will have the msi gtx 680 lightning as centerpiece, the case will be lean and mean all air cooled and aim for quietness and power.

Hey guys. I got this case today. I will post pic later.
cheers.
anything you want to know about this case, I will provide ASAP.

2012/09/22
I am too tire and fall asleep last night. forgot to post the pics. sorry.
bought from Japan. start sell from 9/14. I am to busy to make an order. about 10800 JPY. 80$.
vzRNEk

L6-gmy

5Xweoq

first feeling: not so ugly, in fact, I like the design of front panel. it is aluminium.
2.5HDD*4, 3.5HDD*2

but weekend is family day... guys, you have to wait another day after I complete my case.
update will continue today or tomorrow.

2012/09/23
Hi guys. here comes more pics.
pics taken by a 35mm fixed length. sorry for my bad view angle of pic.
it is 5:00 am in Japan. not enough light to take pic by my iphone.

UP6QFd

here is the top of case.
a 18cm fan cover by a filter. the manual says the filter is more efficent then before. can let 95% wind goes through.

dDCFZp

after removing the filter.

pHUAGj

the connector of power cable.

P-2qUw

the big 18cm fan. it is very quiet. even in high speed.

PC2HWk

a logo on the case beside the big fan.

82X3GC

with a switch, you can select low/high speed.

0WGQ6V

front panel. not so bad. right?

vZX5r7

after removed the filter.
the fan inside is my PSU. there is nothing there after removing the front filter.

_Q5pE8

inside connector of PSU. looks nice. small enough to fit inside.
the manual says in order to support 1200W PSU, the inside cable of power supperly is a little longer and harder.

3nDRlJ

back of the case. I have already put something in it.

3DxvsS

here shows how to assemble PSU.

hhpsZc

myFdkH

there are two white plastic here. make assemble PSU very smoothly.

0LqXX0

bad things. here shows the inside of power button/reset reset botton/led cable.
I am afraid during the period of assembling my case.the cable of power/reset botton/led will broken.
I have to fixed it in the case. the pic shows after I fixed them to the case.

R8FJfx

haven't finished yet. :eek:

there is some trouble with my mb. I have to buy new MB/CPU/COOLER later.
new updates will follow at that time.

Last edited:
cheers.

I would like to see, ehm, e-ve-ry-thing! Pictures of the case showing build quality (or lack there of), from all sides especially the backside of the motherboard tray with the HDD mounts. Also, what the 'lid' of the case looks like when removed. I'm really anxious to see the case. Someone at SilverStone told me the case would come out somewhere in october in Europe, but I'm a bit skeptical as to how reasonable that is.

By the way, long time reader, first time poster!

cheers.

Just pictures- the more the better especially if you got a system in it :)

Wow, already I can tell that the case looks very neat. The finish seems a lot more matte than pictures suggested. Can't wait to see more of it, but family comes first of course ;)

Back