Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I don't think a self-contained water cooler like the Corsair H50 or H70 will necessarily perform better (for cooling and noise) than a high-end cooler inside the FT03, but it will fit. A guy in China has already installed one:
http://www.chiphell.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=152533&pid=3338683
I was a little worried about HDD heat so I ordered a Caviar Green to go in it instead of the Caviar Black I was planning to get for my new PC.
Hoping Tony responds to my question soon. Gotta buy a H50 or H70 (if it fits).
Slot Loading $46 (Promo 10% Off Code - Hibernate10) Today only.
http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php...c6a8a14af420b226e81b64fb47cd954eaf4a25ca335bf
I sometimes eject the disc by clicking on the drive in Windows, will this drive do the same?
Does anyone else notice the CPU intake vent is right above the PSU exhaust vent?
Warm air being recycled back into the case.
Im afraid so.
Mmmm does anybody here understand enough of "whatever language is being spoken in this topic" (http://www.chiphell.com/thread-152533-1-1.html) to ask about HDD temps?
Im afraid so.
Mmmm does anybody here understand enough of "whatever language is being spoken in this topic" (http://www.chiphell.com/thread-152533-1-1.html) to ask about HDD temps?
If it's "optimized" for air cooling though, an H70 would conceivably be an even better option though. Large heatsinks, while great for dissipating heat from a processor, essentially serve as an obstacle for the movement of air (some air goes through/ gets pulled through via the heatsink fan, some has to flow around, etc.).I don't know that I would pair a corsair H50 or H70 with the FT03. It's optimized for air cooling.
If it's "optimized" for air cooling though, an H70 would conceivably be an even better option though. Large heatsinks, while great for dissipating heat from a processor, essentially serve as an obstacle for the movement of air (some air goes through/ gets pulled through via the heatsink fan, some has to flow around, etc.).
The H70's block though is very low profile, which means that air flow is essentially unimpeded as it moves from bottom to top.
Considering the similarities between the FT02 and FT03 design(the latter is just a miniature version), the H50/H70 is not gonna be an inferior cooling solution.
The only similarity between FT02 and FT03 is that they turn the MB 90 degrees so venting on top. FT03 doesn't have the strong intake and fans blowing straight upwards like in the FT02.
SS might have advertises that FT03 is a matx version of the FT02, but it is not. Just doesn't have the great design and air flow of the FT02
SS didn't advertise anything about the FT03 being a FT02. That's my observation as a FT02 owner and someone who's been all over this case since its debut.
They're blatantly similar, and if you think their designs are born from different star systems because one has a fan 20mm smaller and doesn't have the 8 or 10 drive bays, you're just nitpicking for the hell of it.
Here's a rundown on how their airflow designs are pretty much from the same pen:
1. Intake fan blows straight to CPU and exhausts right out
2. GPU intake fan does exactly the same
3. Hell, the FT03 might have an edge cuz' the CPU intake is angled at the CPU instead of having ram blocking is airflow.
Simple as that. Fans don't make it a new case study in design; they're plenty similar.
That "whatever language" is Chinese, whatever that is.
Sure, giving a SG line matx case with a FT title has nothing to do with advertising.
FT02 is great because it has the straight un-blocked upward air flow. Look at FT03, compromises everywhere. Those intake fans don't just "20mm" smaller, when you look at the actual intake it much smaller than the fan diameter. Also the fans blow at an angle, not straight up to the exaust.
Ok, I admit FT03 is simmilar to FT02 in "Design" than other cases. But the compromises it makes violates the design what makes FT02 great
Go count the number of RV01 and RV02 haters. If the sentiment was really an indication of most people's perceptions, SS would have shelved their plans long ago. The crying and whining of the few will drown out the silent approvals of many.I think Silverstone should be commended for putting out such a unique case, especially after the way people trashed it when it was first revealed. When I first saw the case I was really excited about it, but a lot of people can't wrap their heads around something different. I hope this case does well for Silverstone, because if it doesn't they probably won't do another case like it.
I think Silverstone should be commended for putting out such a unique case, especially after the way people trashed it when it was first revealed. When I first saw the case I was really excited about it, but a lot of people can't wrap their heads around something different. I hope this case does well for Silverstone, because if it doesn't they probably won't do another case like it.
They're blatantly similar, and if you think their designs are born from different star systems because one has a fan 20mm smaller and doesn't have the 8 or 10 drive bays, you're just nitpicking for the hell of it.
He never said it "may not perform well compared to air", he actually said that it simply may not perform better, i.e. parity would exist between the two.Likewise expecting the same Heatsink\Radiator comparisons (H50\H70 vs Tower heatsinks) from FT02 to apply to FT03 is crazy. Even the SS rep is saying it may not perform well compared to air.
The H50's radiator also accommodates two fans on both sides though, so in a push-pull configuration, the greater fin density should be of less concern (essentially the same reason why dual-fan heatsinks will often outperform single-fan heatsinks of roughly same design, all other factors being equal).The H50 rad is lower profile, but has much higher fin density compared to most tower heatsinks. I would expect the airflow impedence to be similar
My silver FT03 was delivered today. Now I just need to get off work!
@catcherintherye: thanks, its going to be interesting to see wether the system SST created works or not (aka having the drives in touch with the case to passively dissipate the heat).
I thought so, but as as I don't have a clue how to differenciate non-romanian languages (or based on non romanian characters) I didn't want to call it something that It wasn't (like japanese being chinese and so on).
well, to really screw with you, Japanese has three written charactor forms, one of them being traditional chinese (complex form). Taiwan (silverstone's home) uses Traditional.
So you also think just because they use different fans and have different amounts of airflow that the FT02 and FT03 are so universally different in design?blahblahblah fan
IMO the layout would have been better if Silverstone mounted the PSU like they did in the FT02 and made the case wider and shorter, with a single 180mm fan at the bottom.
Don't tell that to the Japanese! NOTHING from Japan originated from China!!
So you also think just because they use different fans and have different amounts of airflow that the FT02 and FT03 are so universally different in design?
Ok.
And if they made the FT02 into anything but the trash can it's right now, I wouldn't be buying one. Guess you should present a proposal for FT04... (right after they give the FT03 a one piece side panel...)