• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Silverstone FT03... matx

The removable plastic vent really detracts from the overall aesthetics. I don't understand why it's even necessary. Why not just drill holes into the alu panel e.g. apple mac pro & fitting a removable fan filter behind the panel. Judging from the pictures, the side panels are only clipped in & are easily removed for routine servicing & in all likelihood if I need to dust out the fan filters, i might as well remove the side panel anyways to blow out the internal fans and heatsinks.

Just my 2 cents,
 
The removable plastic vent really detracts from the overall aesthetics. I don't understand why it's even necessary. Why not just drill holes into the alu panel e.g. apple mac pro & fitting a removable fan filter behind the panel. Judging from the pictures, the side panels are only clipped in & are easily removed for routine servicing & in all likelihood if I need to dust out the fan filters, i might as well remove the side panel anyways to blow out the internal fans and heatsinks.

Just my 2 cents,

I second this. Second Second Second Second Second Second Second Second Second Second Second Second Second Second.

I thought about this too but forgot about it. Making that vent detachable seems completely pointless and definitely takes away from the case.
 
I don't see an obvious place to put an H50/70. The case is designed to take large air coolers and move the air out the top.

I am probably crazy, but I am wondering how hard it would be to make a relatively quiet / not too noisy, multi GPU / multi monitor gaming system in one of these. Maybe dual 6870 or 6950 cards?

A 5970 / 6990 / 595 with a big giant air cooler would probably work well...

I check this thread and google constantly for more info on this case. I wish it would hurry up.
 
Any idea when these will likely appear showing up in stores? I know a few pages back the rep mentioned dates that made it seem like they'd start shipping out in mid-December, and I've been seriously considering replacing my NZXT Rogue with the FT03.

Oh, and it seemed as if it's actually fairly difficult now to obtain a slot-loading, slim optical drive. I was looking around the internet and it seemed like the best choices were one of Silverstone's own on Amazon, and one at Directron. Both were fairly high priced. :/
 
That price is more or less what should be expected about the FT03, at least for what I was told by SST. Doesn't seem expensive to me, not for what it is (a unique design).

I'm still worried about HDD temps though. The manual mentions that the drives will be in touch of one of the sides and will be cooled passively thus...but I wan't to make sure it works as its supposed to.
 
You mean a way to use a standard 5.25" optical drive instead of a slim optical drive?
 
Removing it wouldn't reduce the size of the case, as the height is still needed for the long graphics card and fans underneath.

IMO they could have fitted a standard 5.25" fairly easily. Increase height by about 20mm, rotate the optical bay 90 degrees so the opening is on the side the HDDs are mounted, behind the mobo tray. This would also put the intake\exhaust panel on the rear where the noise is furthest from the user.
 
FYI, what I've meant by what I said was not to reduce size of it(but reducing size is welcome too:D) but for clean look of the case. ;)

Removing it wouldn't reduce the size of the case, as the height is still needed for the long graphics card and fans underneath.

IMO they could have fitted a standard 5.25" fairly easily. Increase height by about 20mm, rotate the optical bay 90 degrees so the opening is on the side the HDDs are mounted, behind the mobo tray. This would also put the intake\exhaust panel on the rear where the noise is furthest from the user.
 
Removing it wouldn't reduce the size of the case, as the height is still needed for the long graphics card and fans underneath.

IMO they could have fitted a standard 5.25" fairly easily. Increase height by about 20mm, rotate the optical bay 90 degrees so the opening is on the side the HDDs are mounted, behind the mobo tray. This would also put the intake\exhaust panel on the rear where the noise is furthest from the user.

And then make a mess out of the front.

But SS did decide to put that stupid ugly abomination of a fckin' side vent on there, so who the hell knows what they're thinking.

I'll be the first to buy an aftermarket side panel that just has some holes in them if anyone decides to do some metalwork.
 
The black model is in stock now at Sundial Micro. No free shipping though. :(
I'm just going to wait for Newegg to get it in, since I'm guessing they'll be cheaper overall. The fact that Sundial Micro has it in stock now makes me hopeful that Newegg will have it soon though.
 
That's what I'm hoping too, BUT when everyone was waiting for the SG05 Sundial Micro got them in stock around 3 weeks before Newgg did. I hope that doesn't happen again! I need a new case to finish my build!
 
R3MF, prava, regarding your concerns:

Filters will be in place where there are intakes, so that includes the side vents as well. However, the power supply will exhaust through the bottom half of the side vents so the filter there will only cover half the total area.

We spent months after Computex testing and modfiying the thermals of FT03. Hard drive side was indeed a tough area to solve especially with the type of hardware we used to test (e.g. Core i7 + Radeon 5970). But after few revisions, we did get them to run at levels that we consider acceptable and within hard drive manufacturers' ratings. It will be unrealistic to expect hard drive temperatures in the FT03 to match cases that place a fan in front of the drive cage, but you shouldn't have to worry about drives overheating in it.

Hope these answer your questions!

Tony, after looking through the FT03's manual I see that SilverStone recommends placing a water cooling kit's radiator up top where the 120mm fan mount is.

Did SilverStone try using a Corsair H70 kit in the FT03?
http://www.corsair.com/cooling/hydro-series/corsair-hydro-seriestm-h70.html

Will the Corsair H70 fit in the FT03 even with the H70's recommended two 120mm fans for the radiator?
 
Last edited:
I plan use Corsair H50 together with FT03. I already have this cooler. If I Buy new one. I will wait for some photos of H70 or response from Tony. If there will not be enaugh space, So I will buy new H60 cooler.
 
Maximum PC has a nice video walk-through: http://bcove.me/k3eeibir

This video shows me a few things that I like, and that I don't.

LIKE
1. Supports 180mm power supplies.
2. Supports large cpu cooler, and judging from the sizing it looks like it could support a highrise style of cooler pretty easily, or even an H50.

DISLIKE
1. Magnetic fan filter?...umm...ok
2. If all the cables come from the top aside from power, you can't really make this as low profile as initially thought.
3. Side panels seem to come off a little easily for my taste.

Other than those small gripes, I really like it, but I'm not sure I like the price.
 
Its hilarious when Tony says that in Japan they were talking about the case being an umbrella case :D :D :D :D I don't think I heard that before.
 
It was nice to hear him acknowledge "trashcan" and it was funny to see him have trouble getting the magnetic bottom filter back on straight. The engineering looks solid...will fit nicely up on a desk...betcha you could get a MNPCTECH mesh screen to replace the plastic side vent easy enough. Probably could also put a window up top looking at the CPU cooler. Looking forward to thermal testing on heat inside the case.
 
It was nice to hear him acknowledge "trashcan" and it was funny to see him have trouble getting the magnetic bottom filter back on straight. The engineering looks solid...will fit nicely up on a desk...betcha you could get a MNPCTECH mesh screen to replace the plastic side vent easy enough. Probably could also put a window up top looking at the CPU cooler. Looking forward to thermal testing on heat inside the case.

Indeed, mate. Tony seemed like a really honest guy, and the issue he had with the filter is something that doesn't worry me: I bet he did it 2000 times before and after with one hand and had no problems whatsoever. Problems with recording, methinks :D:D

And yes, I too agree about the plastic thingy on the side...but thats why I'm gonna get the black one, because this way its barely seen (with the silver one that thing yells at you being white...imo in that version they should make something about it), and it wont bother me.

I se you have a H70, don't think you can mount it in FT03...

Shhhhhhhhhh. ;);) Let him buy it, so we can get a review ASAP. I'm still worried about HDDs, but if that part is fine I will buy mine as soon as its available in Spain. I just love that trash can, fridge, umbrella case, whatever :D:D:D:D
 
Back
Top