Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Guys with the 43" and 49" TVs.

Could you please post a photo of your display with some icons / forum text on the screen? I'm trying to see how big/small stuff looks on it at 4k before i pull the trigger.

(right now stuff is too small for me on a 34" widescreen Asus - i have to strain my eyes or sit real close)
Get a 49KS8000 and live like a God.

Sent you a PM reply.

Guys with the 43" and 49" TVs.

Could you please post a photo of your display with some icons / forum text on the screen? I'm trying to see how big/small stuff looks on it at 4k before i pull the trigger.

(right now stuff is too small for me on a 34" widescreen Asus - i have to strain my eyes or sit real close)
Here are a couple of my 49" KS8500 (curved version of KS8000). I think 48" - 50" is the sweet spot for 4K and computer use. I don't scale the DPI at all. I sit closer, but backed away several feet to get the full screen in the pics.

Reactions: Alfy
like this
Time for a new setup: new desk (finished by hand personally!), new TV/monitor, new mechanical keyboard, new mouse - https://i.imgur.com/i80zshi.jpg

i80zshi.jpg

Last edited:
I love a clean desktop! It's functionally organized:

Left - system
Up - to-dos
RIght - work related
Center - current work

Seeing this orderly screen every day makes me soooo happy.

I love a clean desktop! It's functionally organized:

Left - system
Up - to-dos
RIght - work related
Center - current work

Seeing this orderly screen every day makes me soooo happy.

You uploaded your image to a place only you can see it, other people just see a no access symbol.

This is my current setup. I've just ordered a 40" Samsung 4K from Costco that I plan to mount to the wall directly above the X34.

my%20setup_zpsltgtkwco.jpg

Last edited:
Nice - you have a very clean desk. Is that a giant touch pad between the keyboard and the mouse?

It's two 24" Dell P2411Hs flanking a 43" Sony x800D. First time I've ever wished for larger bezels - while the screen sizes match exactly, the thin bezels of the Sony don't match up with the Dells.

Interestingly enough, I feel like I've actually lost a lot of multi-monitor productivity since going PLP. I think my ideal setup would be to have both of my Dells off to the same side, stacked in landscape. I'd have to build a new desk for that kind of a setup though.

I hear you. I have a pair of Dell 2711s flanking an Acer X34. Looks OK but might also be better to stack them in landscape on one side or the other. It isn't always productive to have the matched screens opposite each other. But I do like how your setup looks.

It was a great show. I seem to recall drunk 21-year old me got kicked out of a bar for standing on a table and drawing my (pretend) sword from my back yelling "I have the Power"...

New but temporary setup until I build 11k desk.....

Attachments

• IMG_20170206_181247700[1].jpg
    IMG_20170206_181247700[1].jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 229
Here is my setup.

48" Samsung JS9000 4K
Asus X99 Deluxe
i7 5930K
32gb Trident Z 3200mhz
Corsair H110iGTX
Corsair Air 740
Pascal Titan X SLI

IMG_20170210_122919.jpg

IMG_20170210_122955.jpg

IMG_20170210_123009.jpg

Here's my newest monitor which is the benq bl3200pt i got from amazon.It is connected and used by an i5-6600k,evga sc gtx 960(4gb model),8gb dual channel crucial ddr4 2133,650w evga gs,gigabyte h170m-ds3h,3tb wd green hdd,5 tb toshiba x300 hdd.Also used by an am2 system using an a6-5400k.
IMG_1801.JPG

Also have samsung 29e790c
IMG_1801.JPG
IMG_1789.JPG

and a 24inch 4k samsung monitor
IMG_1793.JPG

Those of you sitting 2-3 feet from 48 inch monitors... how do you not strain your eyes or have to turn your head to see the whole screen.

It feels like it would be impossible to play FPS or RTS/MOBA on these things while sitting 2 feet away to use a mouse and keyboard.

Those of you sitting 2-3 feet from 48 inch monitors... how do you not strain your eyes or have to turn your head to see the whole screen.

It feels like it would be impossible to play FPS or RTS/MOBA on these things while sitting 2 feet away to use a mouse and keyboard.

I used to sit about 3 feet away from my 48" and I never did feel like I had to look around. The key to no eye strain is 4K. Anything lower at that size and there would be some serious eye strain. I did however move my screen so its more like 4' away so that it doesn't sit in the middle of my desk. Sits all the way to the back of it and looks alot better that way.

I wouldn't have it any other way... 2-2 1/2 feet is quite nice ...no strain , just knat's ass sized pixel goodness

The wife and I have several display's in use daily , I have a post back some page , 2016 setups , we have made a few changes so I need to make a 2017 update...over 30 monitors here , 13 in regular use

I see some pretty nice choices in the current crop in this thread...

Last edited:
Back