Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Added some lighting in the overhangs of the shelves.
cubicle-led.jpg

Also need to clean up my work space, it's just too cluttered.
I am always a sucker for a LCARS setup. Clean up the desk and even Picard would approve. (y)

Nothing fantastic, my work rig. FYI, the TV sits up so high because that's where the outlet / cables come out of the wall.

1433698096SpNyC7wlar_1_1.jpg
Still a amazing setup. Just started playing Destiny. I like the game. I take your a system builder or repair technician?

Zepher - how do you like the IsoAcoustic stands? I'm in between getting them or a pair of custom wood stands. The IsoAcoustics are not cheap.

Zepher - how do you like the IsoAcoustic stands? I'm in between getting them or a pair of custom wood stands. The IsoAcoustics are not cheap.
I really like them and they do make the bass sound better than having the speakers sit on the desk surface (I had thin foam pads under the speakers as well).
I didn't buy them for that purpose though, I wanted short stands to get the speakers up to the height of the monitor, and it was hard finding short 3" stands. It also got the tweeters up to ear level with me.

If you get custom wood stands, make sure you have rubber material between the speaker and stand and stand and the desk to keep it from resonating through the stand and to the desk surface.

this is what it looked like before
lg-34um95.jpg

Been lurking for a while looking at all the setups here. Finally pulled the trigger on Samsung 48" 4K TV (UN48JS9000FXZA) at BJ's for $999 + 5% back through Amex offers.

IMG_1328.JPG

I've been lurking around this thread for a while, and finally have something worth showing, I think!

3+1 NVSurround setup with a Dell P2715Q (27" 4k IPS LED) and 3 AOC I2269VW's (22" 1080p IPS LED) all on a VIVO 3+1 clamp-style mount. The AOC monitors are currently on sale at BestBuy for $100 a piece so I felt it was finally time to bite.

The desk is temporary, as it's the only thing I own that is sturdy enough to support the weight of the arm. I was using an Ikea Linmonn desk with the Dell alone, but once I realized that tabletop is hollow (filled with honeycomb cardboard) I made the switch. I'll probably be building a nice desk this summer and then I can finally put my Pioneer bookshelf speakers back on the desk too, and gain some tabletop space back.

For those wondering, the rig is powered (currently) by an ITX Silverstone SG13-based setup with an i7 5820k and a GTX 980. I'll probably be swapping in a GTX 1070 after their full release.

20160613_202052.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I hooked up my old Alesis monitors to the garage system. They look a bit too big for the setup, honestly.
IMG_0362.JPG

Haha I didn't realize that was one. What do you have all of the other ones out for?

I don't use any of them, I should put them in a drawer or something so they don't get so dusty.
One was for my HTPC, one is for my Xbox 360, WDTV Live Hub, Apple TV3, and my old Pioneer AV receiver.

All I use now is my TV remote to turn on the TV/AVR/Apple TV4 and use the Apple TV4 remote to control the Apple TV and the volume on my Pioneer AVR.
I replaced my HTPC with the Apple TV4 since they now have PLEX for the Apple TV, and I only use the setup when I go to bed, I'll just watch something till I fall asleep.

I replaced my HTPC with the Apple TV4 since they now have PLEX for the Apple TV, .

Does plex have bitperfect audio that you know ? Im using Runeaudio on a raspberry (with a doukmall dac I recommend everyone to buy) and wasn't happy with openelec. Im sure Jriver does but Im not going to spend for the nuc to avoid os install. The dac I plugged to the Pi does play hd audio up to 384k and dsd directly.

Does plex have bitperfect audio that you know ? Im using Runeaudio on a raspberry (with a doukmall dac I recommend everyone to buy) and wasn't happy with openelec. Im sure Jriver does but Im not going to spend for the nuc to avoid os install. The dac I plugged to the Pi does play hd audio up to 384k and dsd directly.

I have no idea. sorry.

I really like them and they do make the bass sound better than having the speakers sit on the desk surface (I had thin foam pads under the speakers as well).
I didn't buy them for that purpose though, I wanted short stands to get the speakers up to the height of the monitor, and it was hard finding short 3" stands. It also got the tweeters up to ear level with me.

If you get custom wood stands, make sure you have rubber material between the speaker and stand and stand and the desk to keep it from resonating through the stand and to the desk surface.

Are those speakers connected to the pc directly ? because you could increase audio quality way more by going bitperfect audio (and a bit of hardware in beetween the two)

Are those speakers connected to the pc directly ? because you could increase audio quality way more by going bitperfect audio (and a bit of hardware in beetween the two)
the speakers are connected to my Soundblaster ZX soundcard (technically, they are connected to the M-Audio BX Subwoofer, which is connected to the Soundblaster)

the speakers are connected to my Soundblaster ZX soundcard (technically, they are connected to the M-Audio BX Subwoofer, which is connected to the Soundblaster)

By going bitperfect audio, you would hear completely another level. In audiophile world, nothing easier than having a 200 euro hardware playing better then a 10k euro hardware due to project issues. To make a lame example, cd quality is 44k that is all that you can hear trough any audio card. With a dedicated dac (like the chinese one I use) it can play up to 384k directly. A 3 minute song will never be 3 megabytes because of the samples data. Already with your speakers the details different is noticeable, I went all the way up with vintage speakers (Advent legacy, check them out), tube preamplifiers and a mosfet ampli before them. I also soldered all of the cables I use. And yes, that's never enough. To play those there are several so called "bitperfect" players, the most simple is foobar, vlc also offer the capability to send it straight to the output without resample (and it recognizes my dac), I believe with consumer audio cards they gets resampled down to the best onboard dac quality wich isn't for sure 384k. The hd audio you can find around reports the native resolution it was sampled from. The comfortable player I use is runeaudio, just because it can be put on an sd card and the raspberry can boot it directly witouht the mess to get installed on a running operating system, so the raspberry does all the logic and nothing else. It is also commanded via web so nothing else but the dac is connected to the raspberry (no video, no keyboard no mouse). Im very lazy, I know. The mosfet amplifier I got is a nad six channels (3 stereo which can be addressed each one in any combination since six mono) runs 2 couples of speakers one in stereo and 2 in mono. The preamplifier I got from the same brand of the dac is "air plugged", no ics, four tubes. The absence of a printed circuit avoid high passive frequencies on the board. The first time I ran the whole, there was a spoke tv show and the quality of just the voice was impressive. A friend is testing different versions of the same dac and he reports differences but Im already happy my way. Ill post photos of the whole thing as I will manage to get decent ones.

Back