Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

here is a better pic of my setup almost done.

DFgjMjH.jpg

Nope, I'm a software developer. I only use the top center monitor for gaming so the bezels aren't an issue. The auxiliary monitors are my former primary monitors that I've been upgrading from over the past 10 years. If money was no object I would definitely replace the sides with some larger 4k screens.

Personally I did the opposite, my primary monitors are 3x30" 1600p on the main row and 4x22" 1080p on the upper row. That way I can QC and compare websites in 4 different browsers at the same time plus have a large canvas for editors to make and review changes in real-time..

It is also nice when I'm using VMs and emulators, I can run tests and check without swapping active windows around while still working from the main row on coding and such.

4K on the wings is a bit of a waste, smaller monitors really shine there since the 4K is big enough to act as your primary single surface - you put up monitoring software and other apps that need the odd glance but do not require your full attention unless something breaks.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks, I will have to look into these and maybe pick a couple up. I was thinking about using some rope lights but this is better because I can change the color if I want.

yea they work pretty good the adhesive on the back of the strips is crap so i just got some good double sided tape to use.

I'm really stuck deciding between getting the Samsung 48JS9000 or the 48JU7500. Is there a large difference between the two? I want whatever is best for FPS.

What do you guys think?

I think its pretty clean. I like to use the keyboard tray to tuck away documents and other misc stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
buys 40" 4K monitor....watches grainy webcam on 20% of the screen with it

at least watch multiple cams with this much monitor....right?

I like the green bias light. Goes well with the Razer motif. What components are you using for it? Also, what's the drum-looking thing in front? Microphone?

The bias lighting is just a USB powered six LED strip made my Antec that's placed on the back of my Swift.
http://store.antec.com/led-lighting/accent-lighting-green.html

The round thing in front of my microphone is a pop filter. I don't have my mic mounted on an arm, so I just have the pop filter bent and laying on my desk.

I used to have that L-Shaped Walker Edison glass desk from Amazon a lot of others have. I just recently got fed up with the layout and got myself a regular non-corner desk from Ikea. That glass desk is amazing, but my room is SO small that I felt closed into the corner anytime I sat at my desk. I decided to go with a smaller desk, mount my monitors to the wall, redecorate my room and move everything around!

LSD2Q4L.jpg

2SIDS60.jpg

HioFDJE.jpg

proxZzi.jpg

Honestly, I'd love to get rid of this hideous wallpaper that's been in here since my parents bought this house in the 70s.. but it's just too much work, I could never do it alone! So until then, I have to deal with it.

And my favorite new thing to my room.. A simple and cheap black canopy to go over my bed :D Along with a few strings of fairy lights. It's so cozy now! The TV mount is perfect for watching stuff from the bed, and using the PC from there when I want to lay down.
eeacKKr.jpg

The ambient lighting is amazing. Love what you've done with your space.

I am really really happy with it finally. My father also put up this pretty black chandelier, which also adds nice lighting when needed! I love having low lights like those fairy lights for the evening. Now if only the fans in my case were pink instead of red haha. I wonder how those purple Corsair fans look. Maybe one day I'll switch them with my red ones :)

Nice K360 keyboard I use that too. Good cheap wireless keyboard with 6KRO support and good compact size but with all keys. How long your batteries last? I never turn off mine and need to change once every year.

haven't changed them since last spring! never turn it off either...

just picked up a used zr30w. Still setting up the desk/room. Going to paint the walls tomorrow!

2016-02-07.jpg

I like the green bias light. Goes well with the Razer motif. What components are you using for it? Also, what's the drum-looking thing in front? Microphone?

Nice setup, mine is eerily similar. I have the same mouse pad, same keyboard and mouse and same green theme. What is that green box lit up right above your mouse?

Thanks!!

Nice setup, mine is eerily similar. I have the same mouse pad, same keyboard and mouse and same green theme. What is that green box lit up right above your mouse?

Thanks!!

My mouse looks almost identical to a DeathAdder, but it's the charging station for my wireless Razer Mamba.

I'm completely revamping my setup. I have two aluminum monitor stands coming in, another razer mouse pad coming in for the other side, etc. I've also started today on the cable management side as well.

gh7rs2Y.jpg

ls7f2C8.jpg

ecubwDC.jpg

Back