Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Amazing for cheap. Different tubes alter the sound. You just need speakers sensitive enough; 3 watts ain't much.

Wow, I thought my single 24 inch was sufficient. Now im looking at 2nd and third monitors.. you guys just make me spend money!

Wow, I thought my single 24 inch was sufficient. Now im looking at 2nd and third monitors.. you guys just make me spend money!

If it were only display money..
I have several monitors but I only game on one. When you get a taste for 120hz gaming at very high fps it's hard to settle for less. In multi monitor setups, gaming fps drops drastically, or gpu budget increases insanely to maintain 120fps. However you can also play less demanding games like source engine games which are still fun, or turn down settings a lot on some games to balance your gpu budget vs multi monitors. Currently testing borderlands2 with a single 780ti on a single 1080p 120hz monitor with most every maxed but AA off and fxaa on I get around 90 - 130fps typically, higher in cramped areas.

Personally I am going for the asus PG278Q 27" 120hz 2560x1440 TN in a few months. With a single 780ti I won't be hitting 120fps in all games but I can use the gsync dynamic hz on the most demanding games to hold me over until 20nm gpus come out at the end of the year, or turn down settings and use ULMB mode. On games that maintain around 120fps I'll turn dynamic hz off and use nvidia's ULMB mode, which is backlight strobing mode at high hz which results in essentially zero FoV movement blur unlike all other non-strobing lcd's which result in continual FoV blur during your continual movement keying + mouse-look path flow.
Looking (no pun intended) even further ahead, eventually the oculus rift will come out. The current prototype is 1080p with high refresh rate and some type of backlight strobing/blanking to eliminate FoV movement blur. Future revisions in following years are likely to be even higher resolution so even if they aren't multi monitor, VR setups will eventually be very demanding on gpus due to extreme resolutions in future iterations.

End of year, early next I'll probably make the leap into 20nm sli to feed my 2560x 120hz monitor better.

Even if you aren't gaming on all the monitors in your array, multi monitor is definitely awesome for desktop/app real estate. I don't think I would be gaming on a 4k monitor any time soon for various reasons (the bandwidth of the ports and cables isn't enough yet, the display hz isn't 120hz and in many cases is 30hz!!, and the gpu power demands would be extreme for 120fps at 4k), but 4k would provide some nice desktop real estate without bezels. There is also the possibility that they could implement a clean 4x scaling so that you could jump into 1080p x4 mode for gaming at high fps on some 4k 120hz/144hz monitor, and back out again to desktop. Would have to see how well that would work.
http://www.web-cyb.org/images/lcds/4k_vs_27in_vs_30in_2560_same-ppi.jpg

Last edited:
Y6Hw4HC.jpg

Finally added my last monitor, change out my side one.
4 dell u2412m 1 dell u2211h and 1 Acer 22 inch in portrait.
sorry for crappy cell phone picture.

Hey guys long time stalker on Hardforum, figured i would finally sign up. Here my current setup
XUBBUkF.jpg

On the right is my i7-3820 with 32gb of ram, and a HD7850 and my Samsung 700t tablet/ultrabook
In the Middle is my NAS
To the left is my workspace for fixing other people PC or if mates come over and bring their PC for LAN parties

^ Very nice setup. I'm in the market for a new office chair. Currently tossing up between the Buro Metro and the Ikea Markus. How do you find the Markus out of interest? Specifically comfort when sitting for long periods of time and lower back support.

^ Very nice setup. I'm in the market for a new office chair. Currently tossing up between the Buro Metro and the Ikea Markus. How do you find the Markus out of interest? Specifically comfort when sitting for long periods of time and lower back support.

I have the IKEA Markus, it is literally a pain in the ass. Not enough padding on the seat, I had to put a cushion on it so my butt doesn't fall asleep. The tall headrest is nice though, but because the angle of it is fixed I find it is slightly too far back for head support unless I'm taking a nap.

I have the IKEA Markus, it is literally a pain in the ass. Not enough padding on the seat, I had to put a cushion on it so my butt doesn't fall asleep. The tall headrest is nice though, but because the angle of it is fixed I find it is slightly too far back for head support unless I'm taking a nap.

Thanks for the response, may look at something else now. Cheers.

Thanks for all the inspirations to get multi monitors ;)

1 30" NEC MultiSync PA301W and 2 23" EA232WMi for references.

"Bookshelf" They are just wooden crates, got it from Borders when they closed.
Table is a bit of a mess but oh wells.

I do a lot of design and color correction....definitely love the PA301W.

GTzz.jpg

ha!

Last edited:
Here is my Portrait/Landscape/Portrait setup using the Ergotron LX Triple display lift.

Ergotron_zpsf548050c.jpg

The center landscape display is an LG 29EA73 and the 2 side displays are LG 24EC53s.
My desktop is extended across all three monitors using Eyefinity.
The setup from left to right is 1080x1920 (portrait), 2560x1080 (landscape), and 1080x1920 (portrait flipped).

Because the center monitor is so wide (21:9), I had use an Ergotron Quick Release bracket with spacers.
The mounts for the 2 side displays are on the very end of the horizontal mounting arm.

The weight of all three monitors is just over 25lbs which is on the extreme low end of the recommended weight range.
After I made a big adjustment to the lift pressure, the simultaneous lift worked great.

Thanks for all the inspirations to get multi monitors ;)

1 30" NEC MultiSync PA301W and 2 23" EA232WMi for references.

"Bookshelf" They are just wooden crates, got it from Borders when they closed.
Table is a bit of a mess but oh wells.

I do a lot of design and color correction....definitely love the PA301W.

snip...

ha!

BANANAS

Got my Obutto R3Volution gaming cockpit / Asus VG278HE monitor and set it up last night. Not 100% done yet, need to order some longer cables / usb extensions to do some cable management but here it is atm.
lFbufd9l.jpg

More photos are at http://imgur.com/a/d0lUP

Unique? Hardly. Great? Definitely!

I agree that this setup might not be unique but it is definitely premium with the 21:9 widescreen center landscape monitor and the 2 side portrait monitors.

Before, I had two 19" 1280x1024 monitors.
The 2560x1080 center landscape monitor basically replaces the two previous monitors.
Then you add the two side 1080x1920 portrait monitors that are great for viewing long websites, file explorer, or many lines of code.

I have seen several other portrait/landscape/portrait setups where the height (actually the width turned 90 degrees) of the side portrait monitors was matched to the height of the center landscape monitor.

I wasn't sure that I would like it but now I really like the extra tall side monitors.
For Portrait mode, just make sure you get IPS displays that have the wide viewing angles or they can look washed out at the wrong angle.

I agree that this setup might not be unique but it is definitely premium with the 21:9 widescreen center landscape monitor and the 2 side portrait monitors.

Before, I had two 19" 1280x1024 monitors.
The 2560x1080 center landscape monitor basically replaces the two previous monitors.
Then you add the two side 1080x1920 portrait monitors that are great for viewing long websites, file explorer, or many lines of code.

I have seen several other portrait/landscape/portrait setups where the height (actually the width turned 90 degrees) of the side portrait monitors was matched to the height of the center landscape monitor.

I wasn't sure that I would like it but now I really like the extra tall side monitors.
For Portrait mode, just make sure you get IPS displays that have the wide viewing angles or they can look washed out at the wrong angle.

I had PLP myself, looks great but the lack of support for Eyefinity/nVsurround made me kill it off. I personally don't care much for the super-tall portrait monitors (I use one at work) but that's just me.

I would drop to 3 monitors if they ever made a 44 jnch 4K monitor...

Got my Obutto R3Volution gaming cockpit / Asus VG278HE monitor and set it up last night. Not 100% done yet, need to order some longer cables / usb extensions to do some cable management but here it is atm.
lFbufd9l.jpg

More photos are at http://imgur.com/a/d0lUP

So you are not using this for a racing sim?

How is it for normal computer use or other types of gaming?

At that point in the picture i haven't installed the wheel, pedal and shifter yet. if you see under the Ikea Galant desk i have the pedal's installed on the platform. I have everything installed now, just cable management is a PITA atm. need to order some longer cables and thinking of a wireless mouse as well. Also in the near future i'll be ordering the side monitor arms and 2 more of these Asus 27inch monitors for racing games. I doubt my 670 FTW card could do surround on BF4 with nice eye candy enabled so just going to enable them during racing games. I am also planning on purchasing the buttkicker to mount at the rear of the seat. Save lil each month and purchase as when i can.

@ Kryckter - Its INSANELY comfortable. I have horrible seating posture and all the PC chair's ive owned always start to slop to one side. Main reason i got this cockpit was for the more even seat anchor being a real vehicle seat, it mount on both side w/ a sliding rail. I do need to raise the monitor up a notch so the top of my wheel doesn't block some hotbars and other info from games.

This is what I'm running right now except that the Dell is in landscape at the moment.
27" Qnix 2710 2560x1440 at 96hz and a 22" Dell 2209wa at 1680x1050 76hz
1cLWZXEl.jpg

This is what I'm running right now except that the Dell is in landscape at the moment.

Doesn't your Qnix get to 120hz? Or do you mainly watch movies (i have mine @ 96hz for movies 120 for gaming)

Doesn't your Qnix get to 120hz? Or do you mainly watch movies (i have mine @ 96hz for movies 120 for gaming)

I haven't really tried to get it to work, but I was getting some green lines at 120hz.

Perhaps I just need to adjust timings and try a different DVI cable but I haven't been gaming a whole lot so I can live with 96hz.

I spend most of my time watching TV, twitch streams, browsing the net and irc.

The game I've played the most this year is CS:GO and I'd rather pick up a 24" 1080p 144hz Asus for that if I was going to start playing seriously again.

omE99HF.jpg

Here's mine. 3x30 inch 2560x1600 old school Dell 3007 panels and a 50 inch LG i scored on black Friday this year.

Most likely downgrading with the move in with the girlfriend in a new apartment though.

EDIT: took me forever to resize this damn thing.

Last edited:
What are those acrylic looking squares you are using for monitor stands?

1cLWZXEl.jpg

Back