Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

My constantly changing dual rMBP/PC setup. :)

PC(specs in sig) is around 7meters away under the staircase, so I can neither see it, nor hear it. :)

FNkGw8v.jpg

PI7XKxT.jpg

Well I figure if I can get $500 each for my 4 U3014 and $350 each for my 2 U2713H that should just about pay for 80% of replacing them with 6 of these.

P2815Q=ips
P2815Q=my first retina display
if this thing has a 60hz refresh rate I am buying. anything lower I don't think I will buy it then.

There's also the Asus PB287Q. 4k, 28" and 60Hz for $799. Lenovo also has the ThinkVision Pro2840m with 4k, 28" for $799 but I'm yet to find it's frequency.

At $600 I'd call that the cost of being an early adopter. At $800, I'm just going to have to wait. I can't justify that kind of price for a pleasure monitor.

Maybe the Korean monitor brands will step in with these monitors like they did the 27 inch.

5h7hMLW.jpg

Put together a multipurpose LCD setup for the office. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pictures; lighting was bad.

Some details
- Samsung 60" UN60F6400
- Displays2go Mobile TV Stand MBTVSBKBV2
- Late 2012 Mac Mini (mainly used for teleconferencing with telecommuting staff and business associates in conjunction with the Logitech C930e webcam)
- Apple TV 3 (Airplay presentations or showing off stuff to rest of office)
- Google Chromecast (It's cheap)
- Nintendo Wii U (Lunch break shenanigans)

Going to add a flat antenna on the back of the LCD soon, to catch daytime baseball.

Velcro straps are the best invention ever.

^^

I love that Joker poster, almost looks like a larger lithograph from "The Man Who Laughed" or something. I like it!

Thanks, it's actually a painting by my girlfriend which she did one evening while me and a mate were playing Arkham Asylum. :p

Just picked up two ergotron LX stands for my setup. Such a great thing to be able to literally swing a monitor out of the way completely or set it depending on what I'm doing. Whether it be up close for gaming, up and away for general browsing while using the desk for other things...or swinging a monitor to the side to show a friend something easier. Such awesomeness imho!

photo.php

I've had the Samsung on the left for about 4 years now.

I found the Dell on the right at a local thrift store for $13. When I took it home and plugged it in, the color was off. Then I replaced the VGA cable and it looks beautiful. Score. :cool:

bt6m.jpg

I've finally leaped into dual monitors.

This, my friends, is a $2000 1920x1200 grainy monitor. Portrait/above is my $420 2560x1440 super clear glass Crossover.

...Still, so much fun with the Cintiq :D

photo8zjjpu.jpg

photo73bk6l.jpg

Where did you get it for $2000? I can't find it for less than $2500.

A lucky local sale.
Nobody wants to even ship these things interstate in Australia.

Second hand but like new and had the box and all the accessories. (minus the driver disk, hehe)

You are very lucky, I guess. My nephew is really serious about drawing. Anime in particular. He's doing some really impressive stuff for being a teenager. I bought him a Bamboo last year and he improved immensely. I wonder how much better he will be with one of the Cintiqs. I have no problem spending the money on him for his dream.

And so no one says I'm derailing the thread, here's my LCD setup. Monitors are like crack.
2013-09-21%2023.08.05.jpg

Last edited:
You are very lucky, I guess. My nephew is really serious about drawing. Anime in particular. He's doing some really impressive stuff for being a teenager. I bought him a Bamboo last year and he improved immensely. I wonder how much better he will be with one of the Cintiqs. I have no problem spending the money on him for his dream.

And so no one says I'm derailing the thread, here's my LCD setup. Monitors are like crack.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19014693/2013-09-21 23.08.05.jpg

I enjoy anime art. It's what got me into drawing though these days I'm more doing scifi environment art and practicing perspective.
Good to see you supporting him! I hope you he continues to enjoy it and progress his skills even more.

Your setup is disappointing though.... Needs more screens :D

He wants to go to a drawing school at either San Francisco or Japan. Don't recall the names but he really wants to go to one of them. I'm helping get started to apply for scholarships.

Monitors are like crack.
[/IMG]

b safe in knowing that it takes the crack user the same amount of time to inject as it does for 1) all of your stuff to wake up after you move the mouse or 2) the amount of time it takes you to turn each monitor on. :)

Wow! So many monitors?! Looks great, any particular reason you have so many?

The 5 in the middle are connected to my main PC. I do a lot of things at the same time. I also do a some of my work at home. I deal with a lot of federal rules, training manuals and PowerPoint. The 3 on the left are my secondary PC where I play with VMs for the lulz and also keep my iTunes account on it. All the way right is my WHS box. And, I watch Hulu+, Netflix and Crackle on the 40" TV.

At work I have 3 24" Dells.

Back