Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Had some time on my hands so I redid my setup.

IMG_4922small.jpg

IMG_4903small.jpg

Dell U2713HM on an Ergotron LX wall mounted arm.

Simple, yet very nice. I like.

That's a crazy setup! But, is it just me that hates the idea of looking UP at monitors? I think it would annoy me a lot and give me a sore neck.
I thought the same - but like below, I only put things up there I need to peek at, its not for constantly working on, but more reference materials. Like when I am having to rebuild a workflow in Visio and doing cross-functional workflow, I am able to have the customers notes on one screen, the middle screen my first version before all the additional information came out that requires me to change it all, and the other monitor for emails, system temps, and other informaiton. I use the main 27" in the middle bottom to do the actual work on. So not having to constantly look up, and when I do, I lean back enough in my chair that its still a natural up view for me.

Interesting layout - personally I would have inverted the "T" so your neck doesn't get sore from looking up so much.
Have you thought about going 5x27" portrait instead?

Correct, its a sit down desk and I sit at it 10+ hours a day 7 days a week basically. The reason I did not invert the "T" was because I plan on dropping in 2 more 27" screens below. This is the current config, but the future calls for 2 more 27" ones below. I have thoughts of 5x27", but we shall see how that goes, if so the 24" monitors will go bye bye.

the franken stein pc is looking great!!! Also that corsair case. I just worked on one yesterday and as soon as I have money, I am getting one too.

Thanks - I am moving into a Mountain Mods case this year (Extended U2-UFO & Water Barrel 24, UFO will have top, left and right sides clear plexi w/horizontal SR2 MB tray, Water Barrel customized for the Watercool MO-RA3 LT Rad), that was also the reason for the office rebuild and the mointor movements. I loved the Corsair case, but I just have too large of radiators and watercooling desires that simply will not fit in a full tower, I need bigger - hey I am in Texas and everything is bigger here in Texas! :D

:) impressive, a 30k mercedes. Pretty cool I had not been keeping up with the auto industry! SOrry to derail guys.

You just confirmed my statement; they don't hold much. 20 Kg (long live SI units! :D) isn't much. That's the empty weight of my Chieftec tower or 4 sacks of potatoes or just over half the weight of my printer.

Also; the Ikea flyer doesn't state where it can hold that load. The 20 Kg is probably supposed to be a spread-out weight over the length of the shelf at the center of it's width. Try to put that load with it's centroid on the edge...
The problem with those shelfs is that they can't handle a moment force above a bare minimum. That's why you get the height / triangle in normal shelf supports.

They are nice if you just want to put pictures or other small stuff on them, but not for some thick books or other heavy stuff.

And since most people don't realize the above, they can mostly be seen hanging at a downward angle..

[QUOTEsnipQUOTE]

That's really gorgeous. Could you give some info on your display?

Its a Samsung 32d5000 tv (32 inch, 31.5 viewable) that I debezzled and had the metal frame powder coated matte black just like I did with the interior of the case. I chose this particular tv because it has less then one frame of input lag and can do the correct 4:4:4 chroma with the hdmi input 1 labeled pc. It also has the ultra clear panel so it looks crazy clear and excellent blacks :)

I have the tv suspended in the air by the ergotron MX arm.

Table is 73x39 so the tv is about 3 feet away which is perfect distance for a 31.5 inch at 1080 :)

Its a Samsung 32d5000 tv (32 inch, 31.5 viewable) that I debezzled and had the metal frame powder coated matte black just like I did with the interior of the case. I chose this particular tv because it has less then one frame of input lag and can do the correct 4:4:4 chroma with the hdmi input 1 labeled pc. It also has the ultra clear panel so it looks crazy clear and excellent blacks :)

I have the tv suspended in the air by the ergotron MX arm.

Table is 73x39 so the tv is about 3 feet away which is perfect distance for a 31.5 inch at 1080 :)

That's awesome! I've been looking for something similar to this for awhile. Hopefully it's not too difficult to debelzel, I've done a couple Dell's. I might give it a try.

Thanks

Last edited:
coolhandm3, you have the nicest setup I have seen in a while. That TV looks great like that. Also, do you have any more pictures of the case?

Back