Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

I have slowly been collecting gaming monitors. As they come out with something better I upgrade but keep the old ones. My first LCD is the bottom right one. I got it in 2005, it is world's first 2 ms LCD. It lasted me a long time, but last year it sort of died until I replaced the capacitors. My second is on the bottom left, then top right, then top left. The bottom middle is an LED and the top middle is a 120hz 3D LED. All of them have 2 ms response time.

It hurt my neck to look up at my top row of monitors so I built my own desk so that the secondary row can be below instead of above. Using electric actuators I can adjust the height of the monitors and the keyboard independently with enough range to go from sitting to standing position. I can also move the monitor rack closer or farther away.

I have room to add another row of 3 monitors at the top and the stand supports screens up to 28".

mydesk1.jpg

mydesk2.jpg

youtube video of desk raising to standing position

Very, very cool setup--would love to do a height adjustable desk someday. I know standing is supposed to be better, but sometimes I'm tired and want to recline.

Isn't sitting that close to screens that big really bad for your eyesight? Also, why do you need so many screens?

Hi. This is my PLP i7 gaming working setup (yess another PLP! ;)). With my Samsung E46S7000. -Sorry for the quality phone :)-

72558889.jpg

16421896.jpg

Sweet system, always loved the PLP setup. I finally just picked up a Dell U3011 off Craigslist for $800, with 2 year warranty still.

Now I need to find the two 20" Dell's. How do you play WoW on it ? In window mode ? Can one 7970 handle that ?

Isn't sitting that close to screens that big really bad for your eyesight? Also, why do you need so many screens?

My eyes are 2-3 feet away from the main screen which I think is pretty normal. Usually 2 feet if I'm playing a game and really focusing because I tend to lean a bit forward.

I normally only use 3 or 4 but when I'm programming I use all 6. Or during MLG weekends when there are 4 simultaneous StarCraft 2 streams.

New setup. Dual LG 27" LED displays. Got them on BF for $199.99 each.

The laptop is just an Asus UL20 with a 1.2GHz Core i3, 6GB DDR3, 240GB Intel SSD. Enough horsepower for what I do.

C77E7E82-59EE-43C4-9E16-EE82B9CE51CD-2416-000000FCC827C1FE.jpg

3FF6C938-D4BF-485A-A701-C38BF59B6A1B-2416-000000FCE81B7538.jpg

Small laptop, big displays. I'm really happy with them so far.

I'm going to order a stand for the two of them so I can adjust height and clean up the desk a little.

My old setup back in high school:

Just got the Dells this afternoon...

V2000-939-010.jpg

I think I was 16 or 17 when I posted that in this thread. Oh how times have changed. I'm 23 now lol. That picture was taken in my bedroom at my parents' house, the ones above from today were taken in the triplex that I own/occupy. I'm now almost done with college and am a Sys Admin. Pretty cool to look back at it.

Last edited:
Here's my setup until I can get a bigger desk and PLP going :p

IMG_3363.jpg by waz0wski, on Flickr

"Hackintosh Pro"
Q6600
8GB RAM
120GB SSD
1TB HDD
2x Dell 2407WFP
Logitech DiNovo, MX Revolution, Z-680

Last edited:
What monitor is that on the left, with the silver bottom?

Thanks!

Last edited:
New setup. Dual LG 27" LED displays. Got them on BF for $199.99 each.

The laptop is just an Asus UL20 with a 1.2GHz Core i3, 6GB DDR3, 240GB Intel SSD. Enough horsepower for what I do.

C77E7E82-59EE-43C4-9E16-EE82B9CE51CD-2416-000000FCC827C1FE.jpg

3FF6C938-D4BF-485A-A701-C38BF59B6A1B-2416-000000FCE81B7538.jpg

Small laptop, big displays. I'm really happy with them so far.

I'm going to order a stand for the two of them so I can adjust height and clean up the desk a little.

Very clean and simple setup, like it a lot. What monitors are these? I really like the look of them.

I haven't found a single stand that can hold 3 30" monitors. If you want to do that you may have to make your own.

Osjur, you and I have similar setups. How do the colors of the dell sides match with the zr30w? I have two hp LP2065's on my flanks and the colors are a bit off no matter how hard I try to calibrate. Not unbearable but noticeable.

Osjur, you and I have similar setups. How do the colors of the dell sides match with the zr30w? I have two hp LP2065's on my flanks and the colors are a bit off no matter how hard I try to calibrate. Not unbearable but noticeable.

It's not bad, but not a perfect match. It doesn't bother me though. I mostly use the sides for auxiliary stuff.

Nice setup. What do you think about Custom monitor stand?

I might get one someday.

I have calibrated my monitors with spyder 4. Too bad I only have pro version and not elite and that's why I cant use studiomatch to match the colors on my monitors so yes they are still bit off. Still its not so bad compared to when they were uncalibrated.

Last edited:
Main desktop has 3x Dell U2412M. The media center PC to my left has a 28" HannsG.

X4vt8.jpg

Very happy with the Dells. They're a tad bright, though :D

what kind of shelf is that? i want it...
It's all from Ikea. Two 78" desk tops, two cable organizer baskets, 10 legs, and two long shelves from the same series. Grand total? $199 :D

They're probably the most secure shelves I've ever installed. Ikea did a great job on the mounting system.

:eek::eek: This is super sweet! Love the cable management nicely done ;) !
Thanks! The cable-management baskets REALLY help. There's one under each 78" desk.

Here's the one handling the media center PC:

XmGGZ.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! Can you post a link to those please.

And the desk tops + legs too. Thanks.

I think I found the cable organizer baskets. Is it these? http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/30200253/

Im going to assume its the VIKA set from IKEA.

table tops: http://www.thisiswhyimbroke.com/star-wars-trash-compactor-scene-bookends

Legs: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90217972/

I have that same table top, but i have These Legs.

I really like the shelf, ive been looking for something exactly like it.

Wow, a lot of new 20/30/20 PLP in the last few pages. Welcome! Join the the club! If anyone of you happens to find a nice stand that doesn't cost north of $300, let me know :) Having the three stands of the desk would free up a lot of space. Especially the stands of the side monitors are irritating.

As for colors matching: yeah, I've had that problem all the time. As of now my desktop PC is kinda boxed up. But as soon as I put it back up (early 2013 I hope) I'm going to check the bunch with a DataColor Spyder or something like that. Hopefully that will fix the problem. Manually adjusting the settings never works.

It might also be a problem that I have a A02 and A04 2007FP. Maybe I'll also compare to two to my A08 2007FP.

The picture of my PLP 20/30/20 setup is here:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1033765440#post1033765440
Hmm, that was over three years ago already :eek:, what means that the initial cost of those three displays together comes down to less then €1 per day of ownership.

Last edited:
Wow, a lot of new 20/30/20 PLP in the last few pages. Welcome! Join the the club! If anyone of you happens to find a nice stand that doesn't cost north of $300, let me know :) Having the three stands of the desk would free up a lot of space. Especially the stands of the side monitors are irritating.

As for colors matching: yeah, I've had that problem all the time. As of now my desktop PC is kinda boxed up. But as soon as I put it back up (early 2013 I hope) I'm going to check the bunch with a DataColor Spyder or something like that. Hopefully that will fix the problem. Manually adjusting the settings never works.

It might also be a problem that I have a A02 and A04 2007FP. Maybe I'll also compare to two to my A08 2007FP.

The picture of my PLP 20/30/20 setup is here:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1033765440#post1033765440
Hmm, that was over three years ago already :eek:, what means that the initial cost of those three displays together comes down to less then €1 per day of ownership.

http://shop.easymountlcd.com/Deluxe...-Desktop-Clamp-up-to-28-002-0022-002-0022.htm

This is the one I have. It comes to about $150 with shipping.

Back