Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Here's my 2490WUXi (1st generation w/ A-TW polarizer). Just got it yesterday. Got lucky, perfect panel, no backlight bleeding, no dead pixels. Does have some cosmetic issues, see this thread for that.

img20120426080532.jpg

img20120426081511.jpg

img20120426081548.jpg

img20120426081201.jpg

This horribly grainy picture is from my iPhone as I was finishing construction on my new setup...
IMG_0238_1024.jpg

Got all 3 of my ZR24Ws in and setup finally. Debating on if I should keep it like this or go PPP. If anyone can recommend a good stand I would be very grateful :D

20120427200143.jpg

20120427200038.jpg

20120427200029.jpg

20120427200154.jpg

20120427195955.jpg

20120427195936.jpg

They are pretty sweet. A little wide when playing games but it allows me to set "correctly" rather than be hunched close to a single screen. Playing Civ V makes me feel like an overlord :p

They are Audio Technica, A700 to be exact. The best headphones I've ever had.

Got all 3 of my ZR24Ws in and setup finally. Debating on if I should keep it like this or go PPP. If anyone can recommend a good stand I would be very grateful :D

I personally am a big fan of PPP. It just makes more sense to me and is more immersive, also less space on your desk. I know there are those adamant about LLL, and in the end it's opinion.

[H] linked to this review recently and I think I'm going to end up going that route with my three 24" monitors. It says good for monitors 14-22" wide, so it should work for 3 24" monitors in PPP, but you wouldn't be able to switch to LLL ever.

I personally am a big fan of PPP. It just makes more sense to me and is more immersive, also less space on your desk. I know there are those adamant about LLL, and in the end it's opinion.

[H] linked to this review recently and I think I'm going to end up going that route with my three 24" monitors. It says good for monitors 14-22" wide, so it should work for 3 24" monitors in PPP, but you wouldn't be able to switch to LLL ever.

I'm a big proponent of PPP. Although I'm switching to PLP just to spice things up a tad :D

Unfortunately I think my new ZR30w is defective, so I'll probably need to send it back :(

Best thread on this site ever. Love seeing all these cool setups over the years.

Wonder what we will be posting pic's of in 5 or even 10yrs from now, god willing we still here :D

I am hoping there is something bigger than a 30" soon ? Maybe a 34" with like 3000x2000 resolution

personally anything over 30" is too big for direct focal gaze at desk distances in my opinion. 30" is even pushing it. I've had a 37" monitor before and its literally eye bending to the periphery and quickly becomes obvious that it is oversized at normal desk distances.
In games you can't assign a virtual monitor in a middle resolution with all HUD, pointers, notifications, and chat within it -- so making a larger monitor regardless of pixel count (at desk distances) just makes the entire scene incl all scene objects jumbo sized and puts the extents of the scene well into your periphery.
That is pretty much a discussion and argument in other threads already. I am for higher resolutions for desktop use - however on appropriate desktop sized screens (essentially bezel-less would be nice). In games, motion trumps rez imo so I'd prefer blur free FoV movement to pushing higher resolutions if I had to choose.

For me, a larger screen super high rez monitor (even if made out of essentially bezel-less screens or similarly large panels) someday would be cool , but only if the "main screen" stayed centric with the rest added FoV - that is, that the whole panel didn't just jumbo size the original screen contents at higher ppi.... which is pretty much how I see PPP eyefinity *gaming*, combining into an oversized single monitor at desk distances with its bars more central and in your face. LLL has the sides peripheral by design for a sense of immersion while not looking at them directly (turning your in game camera to look at your peripheral content directly rather than your actual head).

That said, I did hear of a 32" quad full hd supposedly coming out .. QFHD ~ "block of four 1080p resolutions" at 3840x2160 .. 140 ppi.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1038631025
Before that I had only heard of the LG ones on a poster at CES that had a desktop version of around 26" or so 3840x2160 166ppi.
http://flatpanelshd.com/pictures/lgsid2011-1l.jpg
I don't know how many people would pay premium for those anytime soon other than extreme enthusiasts since you can get a korean 2560x1440 for $400 or less shipped currently which seems like a steal even if "only" 108.8 ppi ;)

Last edited:
My newest setup with a Dell U2412M (have 2 more U2412M's to sell).

Are you asking if some of us have some to sell, or are you saying that you have two more to sell? I might be interested in buying two more if the price is right.

Are you asking if some of us have some to sell, or are you saying that you have two more to sell? I might be interested in buying two more if the price is right.

I have two I need to sell. My previous setup was a hackintosh with triple U2412M's. I'm going with something simpler now. If you're interested, PM me an offer.

Why are you asking me what I paid? Are you blocked from looking at apple.com?. I happened to purchase a refurbished one from them.

It's like saying "my car has the same horsepower, how much did you pay for yours." Tech specs are only a part of what make a computer, just like the engine is just a part of what makes a car.

It's like saying "my car has the same horsepower, how much did you pay for yours." Tech specs are only a part of what make a computer, just like the engine is just a part of what makes a car.

I suppose, still; can't beat a PC.... :p

I'm with shurcooL ... that's like the kid who brags about his big engine honda civic hack that beats a ferrari... speed isn't the only thing :)

Nice clean setup. I like it. Assuming that's a beer, what beer is it? Also, where do you hae the sub for your Swan M10?

The "mid-woofer" is under my desk. It was too big to justify having on the desk. I use the headphones (HD600) more than the speakers anyways.

The beer is a homebrew (from Northern Brewer- Dead Ringer IPA)

There is a keezer right behind my desk

IMG_20120422_125622.jpg

The "mid-woofer" is under my desk. It was too big to justify having on the desk. I use the headphones (HD600) more than the speakers anyways.

The beer is a homebrew (from Northern Brewer- Dead Ringer IPA)

There is a keezer right behind my desk

IMG_20120422_125622.jpg

Hmmm... new dilemna... keezer or new monitor... decisions, decisions... :D

Back