Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

I am still waiting on very thin bezel monitors, Samsung makes razor ultra thin LED TV's,with a very narrow/slim bezel, why can't they produce a monitor like that ?

And their upcoming OLED TV's are thinner than a smartphone, wonder if monitors will go OLED in the near future ?

I think LG is releasing a 30" OLED display late this year or next year. Could be on the horizon soon..

An old argument from the beginning days of Eyefinity. To which I ask, your nose is in your field of vision full time, do you notice it?

Yeah, the whole issue with bezels really is more an aesthetic issue than a functional one though I could see it being more of an issue in portrait than landscape orientation. But in the almost 2 years of doing 3 screen gaming I can't ever recall thinking "Ew, thick bezels." It just isn't going to be an issue for most folks.

Hate use a car analogy as they tend to overused around here but it's very much driving with the vast bulk of ones vision when driving facing the windshield and the looking at the sides when changing lanes. The frame of the car doesn't really distract while looking forward, though when looking the frame of the car can block vision.

3840x1200
Day trading and databasing dream, although I miss my other WFP from days of a larger desk.

bww0z.jpg

ajluu.jpg

Last edited:
An old argument from the beginning days of Eyefinity. To which I ask, your nose is in your field of vision full time, do you notice it?

That's a terrible argument. Bezels are annoying and do affect the experience.

I'm still up in the air about Eyefinity again... spend 3x the cash and use 2/3 of your GPU's processing power to display "peripheral" stuff that you barely notice. In-fact it just screwed with me half the time in BC2. I'd see a little black spot out of the corner of my eye thinking it was en enemy, spin and find a piece of terrain or something. That happened way more often than it should have.

I'm still up in the air about Eyefinity again... spend 3x the cash and use 2/3 of your GPU's processing power to display "peripheral" stuff that you barely notice. In-fact it just screwed with me half the time in BC2. I'd see a little black spot out of the corner of my eye thinking it was en enemy, spin and find a piece of terrain or something. That happened way more often than it should have.

Well, bezels are one thing. Thinking you're seeing something is a totally different thing. I have probably one of the worst bezel arrangement (4 3" thick bezels in you're view) and I don't notice them while playing games.

With bezel correction, you won't notice them while playing. Assuming that you don't have a menu hidden behind one, of course :)

i like it too, where did u get the speaker stands..ikea?

Yeah. They didn't come like that though, the brackets were from the kitchen dept. and the shelf I found on my way out. Had to cut the shelf to fit the speakers, then put a coat of clear satin urethane so they would match the rest of the desk. Also needed to pick up a new bolt to bolt them to the brackets at Home Depot. Took very little time to piece together and just measured and screwed them to the desk. Much sturdier than I expected. They could easily hold a much heavier speaker.

Link to what I bought from Ikea:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40051196/
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30094629/

Took very little work, and less then $20, and I am very happy with how it turned out.

Last edited:
Goodfella,

Would love to see the back or the bottom of your desk to see how you ran all the cords. Looks very clean and I really like it!

Got my iMac. Moved the PC gaming rig over. Going to add another 27' mon to the right of the iMac but I like the setup so far.

Single shot of the iMac setup
468790_10151477581525594_691460593_23583185_236115860_o.jpg

Wide Shot of everything.
478708_10151477581770594_691460593_23583187_1402680736_o.jpg

Goodfella,

Would love to see the back or the bottom of your desk to see how you ran all the cords. Looks very clean and I really like it!

I spent a while behind the computer getting the wires how I wanted them, used a lot of zip-ties back there, I will take some shots of the cable management under the desk and the back portion. The switch for the LED's is mounted under the desk.

Here's my setup.

I've got three Dell U2412M monitors in 3x1 portrait mode Eyfinity running off of one 2Gb HD 6950.

The desk is a reclaimed door that's a pretty rough version of a safe room door. I didn't have time or money to make it really nice. Speakers are custom made GLaDOS speakers with a Companion Cube sub woofer. The pill bottle is from Left 4 Dead and houses the speaker amp. The bottle cap clicks up and down and rotates to control on/off as well as volume.

I'd like to get a triple monitor stand and longer Displayport cables, but that would be like . . . at least $100 and I'd rather do a DIY livelight than have a stand, so I'll probably do that next. Enjoy!

IMG_4768.jpg

IMG_4765.jpg

Great setups d_stilgar and loki_racer! Portrait EF for life! :D I work from home sometimes as well. The setup is great for productivity.

STALKER, I'm pretty sure I have the exact same chair as you :)

Great setups d_stilgar and loki_racer! Portrait EF for life! :D I work from home sometimes as well. The setup is great for productivity.

STALKER, I'm pretty sure I have the exact same chair as you :)

I don't like this chair, thinking of replacing it with something else.

There are hundreds of thousands of people that still play it according to their newly released API that I've been playing with.

Last edited:
Back