Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

a couple 2621 routers, 2 2950 switches and a 2522 router. Not really formally training, just tinkering.

Holy shit man, did you shove you're pc setup into the basement bathroom or what ?loll

haha, i bought my first place, a condo in tahoe, and 2bed/2bath doesnt allow for a ton of extra room, and I didnt want my pc in the bedroom anymore. the most available space was this alcove next to my mudroom/washroom, and I just built the desk into the wall.

Think it's a closet he didn't need.
I think that may have been its intention, but it just this alcove when I moved in, and tiny pc mancave > another closet...I have an amazing plan for a speaker setup in here, that will make everyone want a tiny closet cave

maybe he is a minimalist on that respect. obviously not a minimalist when it comes to screen real estate.

yes indeed sir!

Just curious, but I'm wondering why some of you use your monitors in portrait mode. What do you get out of it? I've tried it and found it sucks for browsing the web. I'm always scrolling right to see full pages, especially with forums.

The amount of lines when coding or PDF reading real estate is unmatched compared to landscape viewing.
I have never had to scroll horizontal with portrait mode. Unless the website allows super large images and is set to 100%. Most websites are designed for 1024x768 layout due to usage of laptops with non-widescreen designs.

I might as well post this here too. 3 Asus VE276Q running AMD Eyefinity.
5305137264_04d4f38219_z.jpg

Galaxie's setup is still the best in my opinion. It's just gorgeous...

totally. wish we could see more of the setup!

i'm starting to get very interested in those 27" monitors. i've been saving up (for what seems like forever) for a 30" IPS...but having 3x 27's is starting to become tempting!

Well, I thought 3 lcd's weren't enough so I brought an old 2001fp from work.
I also tried clearing all the possible cables on my desk.

Datanurkka12.JPG

Datanurkka13.JPG

Looks great iodine. I prefer 3 panel "corner" desks even larger than that but i like your setup and array. I got out of all the tron lighting stuff years ago, and now i prefer my pc to not even be in the same room as my gaming/workstation, (run with heavy guage hdmi and/or mini dp + active usb ext cable or usb-over-cat6 to a hub).

Side note regarding portrait mode, I'm on this site via a 1280*800 ips tablet at the moment and it looks great.

As the above post mentioned, you need to have at least 1024 horizontal pixels to obtain comfortable view on the web, and readings.

16:10 monitors 19" in portrait (1024x1280) okay but barely keep up in today web grwing size, 20" in portrait (1200x1600) will do a much better job. I use two of these 20" (buy used and very cheap) for web and background applications.

If you want 16:9 wide screen then at least 1050x1680 or 1080x1920 (portrait) would be the minimum, 1200x1920 (16:10 in portrait) still the best option.

My monitors are 1680x1050 are it's just not enough for portrait viewing.

My monitors are 1680x1050 are it's just not enough for portrait viewing.
For reference, here is a random spot from last page, in portrait. Yup, totally not enough. Pick a site, I'll screenshot it. Of course if people upload large images and don't use thumbs like a decent person you're going to have a bad day. If I scroll down a bit, tables get broken just a bit. Use thumbnails or 800x600 max. There is no reason not to.

Yes i agree for most webpages its enough. Ive been using my tablet in portrait and its only 800 wide. My PLP setup's side panels are 900x1440 too. Only prob is the rare web page that forces some obnoxious frames onto main screen instead of keeping horizontal of the page scroll-able (usually a frame full of garbage you don't want onscreen either).

Well, I thought 3 lcd's weren't enough so I brought an old 2001fp from work.
I also tried clearing all the possible cables on my desk.

Datanurkka12.JPG

Datanurkka13.JPG

whats that keyboard? with all the white/blue keys on it? im assuming for some kinda photo/music/video editing program

For reference, here is a random spot from last page, in portrait. Yup, totally not enough. Pick a site, I'll screenshot it. Of course if people upload large images and don't use thumbs like a decent person you're going to have a bad day. If I scroll down a bit, tables get broken just a bit. Use thumbnails or 800x600 max. There is no reason not to.

It's enough for YOU. Not me. I visit many sites that do not fit well in portrait. And you want me to tell every message board user that I don't like their big pictures and I require them to post smaller pics? Yeah, right.

Did some house cleaning. Tried to clean it up a bit.

I think i'm finally happy with my setup. I would like bigger monitors but I don't want to spend the cash, lol.

IMG_1898.jpg

Did some house cleaning. Tried to clean it up a bit.

I think i'm finally happy with my setup. I would like bigger monitors but I don't want to spend the cash, lol.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j196/wingless92/IMG_1898.jpg/IMG][/QUOTE]

Very nice setup you've got going on. I never really thought about getting numerous over sized mousepads to make it more like a "mouse area" that's a good Idea and I might steal it.

Got a new desk and tried to set things up so the wires did not show.
hard to do with a desk that has no back on it but I think it turned out well.
2 X 30 inceh dell panles on top

How is my wiring?

IMAG0088.jpg

IMAG0091.jpg

IMAG0031.jpg

Last edited:
The mousepads are nice. They are the Qik Heavy Steel Series pads. They really do help out, sitting at a [H]ard azz desk sucks. lol.

Thanks y'all for the nice comments.

I will say this, they are not cheap. I bought 2 more for when I go to LAN's. I wanted to have the same exact setup as I do at home. The only difference is only 1 monitor and a G15 keyboard.

I will have to keep on posting here. Great community.

I made a mistake and have since corrected it.
I wrote 32 then realzed I made a mistake.
Sorry about that

They are 30 inch

2560 by 1600

Well this sucks flwolf. I have the receipt for the desk. I bought it at Office Depot on 8/13/10 and it was 299.99 The # on the receipt says

"510830 CHR, 9000SRS, M/B, BK"

I looked over at their website and I couldn't find it.

It really is a great desk. It was super simple to put together and it's as sturdy as a brick.

I would have no problem recommending it to anyone.

Well this sucks flwolf. I have the receipt for the desk. I bought it at Office Depot on 8/13/10 and it was 299.99 The # on the receipt says

"510830 CHR, 9000SRS, M/B, BK"

I looked over at their website and I couldn't find it.

It really is a great desk. It was super simple to put together and it's as sturdy as a brick.

I would have no problem recommending it to anyone.

Ok, thanks. Can you tell me where you got your speaker stands? I looked on Monoprice but theirs only go up to 33".

The stands are from Wal-Mart. No need to blow your whole wad on stands. They just hold speakers, nothing more nothing less.

I think they were $30.

I looked online and I couldn't find them. They are probably about 3 years old now. Work like a charm.

The stands are from Wal-Mart. No need to blow your whole wad on stands. They just hold speakers, nothing more nothing less.

I think they were $30.

I looked online and I couldn't find them. They are probably about 3 years old now. Work like a charm.

The problem is finding ones tall enough. I need them to be 47" in order to clear my monitors. Your setup is exactly like what I've been planning.

Left to Right:
Sony Dash :D
I%252520Love%252520Chipotle.JPG

Hannspree 20in (16x9)
Envision 19 (14x9)
Desk%2525201.JPG

Last edited:
Ok, I found some reasonably prices speaker stands that fit my needs, but I now realize that the speaker wire that came with my computer speakers is not long enough to do the job. The wires end with a 4 pin molex type plug (which means I can't run the wire through the speaker stand pole). I don't know the correct terminology to do a web search, but I need to find longer wires. I have attached a pic to show you what I'm talking about.
wire.jpg

Yeah just splice your wires in at the length you need. Quick tip, I do a lot of wiring at work, do one at a time, that way you can not get wires crossed.

Back