Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

can anyone suggest a nice triple monitor stand for three 23" inch monitors?

Check out this thread for the arms. I got mine from thenerds.net for around $230 if I remember correctly.

The arms, base, this is free standing or mount it to the desk and then the pole. That also comes in 14", 36" and 48" as well but really sturdy system and love it for my 3 - 24s.

How do you like your TimelineX? I love mine. :D

3820TG is an absolute little speed demon. The thing will destroy M11x and because of the cooling on that, it can be oc'd really well. Don't expect 30fps+ on Metro 2033 of course, but it will run Crysis.

I opt for a swap of CPU to 620m from i3. next up will be SSD.

(Part of me is thinking that I should consider another 30", but I don't even fully utilize the offside 2408wfp as it is... besides, running Eyefinity means I need to really up the ante on the rig...)

Last edited:
3820TG is an absolute little speed demon. The thing will destroy M11x and because of the cooling on that, it can be oc'd really well. Don't expect 30fps+ on Metro 2033 of course, but it will run Crysis.

I opt for a swap of CPU to 620m from i3. next up will be SSD.

(Part of me is thinking that I should consider another 30", but I don't even fully utilize the offside 2408wfp as it is... besides, running Eyefinity means I need to really up the ante on the rig...)

They really are beasts! I don't have the ATI/Intel switchable but the TimelineX is easily the best laptop I've owned. So much for the money you pay.

65703_464596208066_504508066_5975927_3470961_n.jpg

Sweet rig dude. Now you've got me wanting to upgrade...:mad:

Woot! I really can't believe my dream would ever come true, but I've got a 30" monitor! =D It's incredible.

It's a used Dell 3008WFP A02 in good condition; I got it for roughly $500 effectively. :D

My new desktop setup:

imagehyt.jpg

I may add my 24" L246WP in portrait later on.

Here are my previous setups for reference. I mostly had a single 24" 1920x1200 monitor for the last 3 years. 17" LCD before that. <17" CRTs before that.

Last edited:
Thanks. =) I'd prefer to leave OS discussions out of this thread, but XP is just the OS that happens to be currently installed on my desktop PC. It only has 2 GB of RAM, and there are a few things about 7 I dislike.

@ warakawa : where did you buy those storage drawers from? Me likie!

You should be able to find these at your typical stores, Wal-Mart, Target, Office Max, Office Depot, etc. I have a bunch, some similar to warakawas, that I've picked up from all of these places.

Congrats ShurcooL! Is that the A01 or A02?

Btw, is it just me or that the membership 30" club has gotten a real boom... I swear that it used to be something that is so unattainable back in 2007-2008 or so...

Congrats ShurcooL! Is that the A01 or A02?

Btw, is it just me or that the membership 30" club has gotten a real boom... I swear that it used to be something that is so unattainable back in 2007-2008 or so...
Thanks! It says A02 on the back. Which is better? What's the difference?

A01 (one I have) and A00 are made in China and they are the ones with the scaler issues. I heard that A00 also has bleed issues.

Put together a lil video (in about 10 mins) just showing a bit of my setup in action. I was watching my cousin play the other day on my machine, so I decided to bust out the camera. After seeing how it looked, the next time around I will record from a tripod and have better lighting. The screens looked kinda washed out, but that seems to just be the effect of the camera. Anyway, check it out.

**Please excuse the music if it isnt your thing. Also, not sure if you can tell, but the "intro" clips are me playing via Fraps, and maybe you can see me repping "[H] Smokedogg" in BC2. =)

Youtube Link

sorry for the crappy iphone pic :/ my desk is really small so i've got a new desk and a triple monitor mount coming in 2 weeks. but until then:

edit: was bored today and re-took the pics:

lcd1.jpg

lcd2y.jpg

Nice system. Do you even see the screen at the top? Seems your focus is mostly left to right.

Yep, I use that monitor a lot actually...it's for my server which is behind the other three monitors:

Can you take a picture from the side? It looks like your top monitor is standing up on something?

lcd3e.jpg

As you can see, things are really cramped and I really need to setup my new desk and for this monitor mount to arrive

So you are going to get the item...its a just a matter of when. Im not in a huge rush, so the back order issue wouldnt be a big deal. I am more concerned about finding the lowest price.

Who did you ending ordering from?

I'm getting it from CompBargains.com

Last edited:
nice. are those 24 inches?

what monitor mount are you going with?

Yep, 24 inch ASUS VW246H. At $200/piece with 2ms response I really can't complain. I'm going with the Chief KTA325B mount. It comes in 3 pieces and I've already received 2 of the 3 pieces (the base and the pole), I'm just waiting for the actual clamp to be delivered on May 16 or 17 when it is no longer on back order.A couple of people have the same mount in this thread. I can't wait.

Yep, 24 inch ASUS VW246H. At $200/piece with 2ms response I really can't complain. I'm going with the Chief KTA325B mount. It comes in 3 pieces and I've already received 2 of the 3 pieces (the base and the pole), I'm just waiting for the actual clamp to be delivered on May 16 or 17 when it is no longer on back order.A couple of people have the same mount in this thread. I can't wait.

Thats awesome. I have the same exact monitors, 3 of them, and am considering the same mount.

Where did you order yours from? I was just looking at thenerds . net and am expecting around 250 for everything.

3X30'' LCD with a Quad-Fire 6990+6970+6970 set-up. 7680x1600. No problems. Even in portrait mode. I have to send back one of the ZR30w since there is 2 stuck red pixels. So I will post more pictures in portrait mode when getting the replacement.

It's working perfectly fine. :)

BBC2

5688179639_77c46d2f3b_b.jpg

I'm having a blast! WOW! Killing zombies! L4D2

5688388615_f5c1a4e0b1_b.jpg

Just Cause 2 and Metro 2033 at 7680X1600. Working fine. No ''bandwidth problem''. :)

5689682647_2037ef2972_b.jpg

5690259494_7f037ca209_b.jpg

AVP. That picture is not good because it's a really dark scene, and didn't set-up my tripod. So it was a ''handheld twilight'' shot.

5688181901_b617e61a87_b.jpg

Nice system excellsior.
You running Nvidia Surround or AMD/ATI Eyefinity?

I have a setup similar to you.

Step 1. Get enough space...

Larger Image
(2008)

Step 2. Ge more space...

Larger Image
(2009)

Step 3. Streamline the displays before your neck breaks from all the turning.

Larger Image
(now)

Was running a Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 X2, but the card didn't have Eyefinity so I could not run native full res on all screen.

Now running a cool Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1GB which has all the bells and whistles and most importantly Eyefinity. Running at 3240x1920

Cards
Left 6870 Right 4850 X2

The Samsung BX2440X LCD LED is the best screen ever. But sometimes I get motion sickness when playing games like Just Cause 2.

If only ATI could develop more stable drivers...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Thats awesome. I have the same exact monitors, 3 of them, and am considering the same mount.

Where did you order yours from? I was just looking at thenerds . net and am expecting around 250 for everything.

Well...I started off with Thenerds.net and the order came to about $235 because they had a special at the time I ordered it (4/23). However, what they don't tell you is that they barely keep any of the products on their site in their own inventory. Basically they place the order through the manufacturer then the manufacturer ships to you. I didn't know that at the time, so thenerds.net had Chief ship me the stuff, but only 2 of the 3 parts were shipped because the horizontal clamp bar is on backorder from the manufacturer until 05/16. TheNerds didn't tell me this, and I would never have known unless I called them. I've also been calling other companies that I've found on Google Shopping and they are all in the same position, waiting for Chief to get more in stock. I'm not sure if you're planning to order in the next few days, but you won't be finding the complete mount from any company for at least 2 more weeks.I would go with thenerds, ONLY if you must have the mount at the lowest price online. Otherwise, I would strongly consider paying a few more dollars to go with a reputable company. I wish I would have read these reviews on TheNerds.net before I ordered from them. They have good prices but they are a real hassle to do business with--I'm still waiting for the refund for the backordered item.

Well...I started off with Thenerds.net and the order came to about $235 because they had a special at the time I ordered it (4/23). However, what they don't tell you is that they barely keep any of the products on their site in their own inventory. Basically they place the order through the manufacturer then the manufacturer ships to you. I didn't know that at the time, so thenerds.net had Chief ship me the stuff, but only 2 of the 3 parts were shipped because the horizontal clamp bar is on backorder from the manufacturer until 05/16. TheNerds didn't tell me this, and I would never have known unless I called them. I've also been calling other companies that I've found on Google Shopping and they are all in the same position, waiting for Chief to get more in stock. I'm not sure if you're planning to order in the next few days, but you won't be finding the complete mount from any company for at least 2 more weeks.I would go with thenerds, ONLY if you must have the mount at the lowest price online. Otherwise, I would strongly consider paying a few more dollars to go with a reputable company. I wish I would have read these reviews on TheNerds.net before I ordered from them. They have good prices but they are a real hassle to do business with--I'm still waiting for the refund for the backordered item.

So you are going to get the item...its a just a matter of when. Im not in a huge rush, so the back order issue wouldnt be a big deal. I am more concerned about finding the lowest price.

Who did you ending ordering from?

sorry for the crappy iphone pic :/ my desk is really small so i've got a new desk and a triple monitor mount coming in 2 weeks. but until then:
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/5738/ohyeah2.jpg

Can you take a picture from the side? It looks like your top monitor is standing up on something? Anyways, I ordered from TheNerds as well and found out the same thing that it drop ships straight from Chief warehouse in MI or WI.

I do wish they put that up front but like you said, doesn't seem like anyone has those in stock and puts all their orders through to Chief. I actually called Chief to find out how long my triple arm would be and got a UPS tracking number from them quicker then TheNerds.

Good luck on the arm when it comes in though, the mount and system are totally worth it!

cool vid THOMO thanks.. Stuff like that just doesn't get justice in photos.

No audio? and where did you place the SoftTH files?

Sorry, I forgot to disable audio scrubbing while making vid :(.

I placed a copy of the SoftTH dx file directly into the main winamp folder, a copy into plugins folder and a copy into milkdrop2 folder. Winamp was crashing on launch when SoftTH creates the config file so I simply used another game to create the required quad desktop config file then placed a copy of that into each of the above folders also.

When you then open winamp, goto the milkdrop visualisation plugin configurator and select SoftTH display adapter and desired fullscreen res just like any other game......it works great :)

Hope this helps.

cool vid THOMO thanks.. Stuff like that just doesn't get justice in photos.

No problem, thanks.

Back