Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Helloes again!

Got the U3011 and a couple of extra 2007fps. Now they are eagerly waiting for the Sandy Bridge to hit Finland.

u30116x2007fp.jpg

I'm not gonna use all of these in the same machine. Was thinking of a PLP setup with U3011 and two 2007fps and a second setup with three 2007fps. Time will tell.

Possible problem with the graphics cards though: been reading the HD 6950 manual and it says that CrossFireX disables pivoting = no PLP -setup. I'm gonna try and buy a third card -- probably a 5450 -- to power the side displays. The internets has some mixed comments about CF + 3rd card setups, so if anybody here is running something similar with just a CF or CF + something the help would be appreciated!

Anyway I'm gonna have a go at it. Sad that P67 isn't able to provide better PCI-E lanes than x8, x8 and x4...

@J3lly

I eagerly await the finalization of your setup. Me thinks it has the potential to be the best that I've seen in this thread.

Last edited:
The internets has some mixed comments about CF + 3rd card setups, so if anybody here is running something similar with just a CF or CF + something the help would be appreciated!

Anyway I'm gonna have a go at it. Sad that P67 isn't able to provide better PCI-E lanes than x8, x8 and x4...

very nice!

ok this what I can tell you from my experience.

AMD cards do not like to work together w/ older gen cards...I have not personally tried a 5xxx w/ a 6xxx., but I know that a 5xxx did not work w/ a 4xxx.

As far as PLP, I ran TriFire 4890's w/ a similar setup years ago w/ a Dell 2001FP + Dell 3007 wfp-hc + Dell 2001FP, I could run a duel crossfire on the 3007 and the 3rd 4890 powering the 2x20's and run tri-fire all on the 30 w/ just a simple click in CCC

I have not heard anything of not being able to run PLP in Crossfire w/ the 6xxx series, but be careful when mixing "generations" b/c they might now work

awesome setup, I ran a similar setup w/ 4x20's (3 in eyefinity and the 30+20 in LP

Thanks for the info. Sad that there isn't a 6xxx single slot card yet and the 6850 is somewhat expensive still.
I selected the 5450 to company the 6950 CF because they have the same drivers and thus I thought they might have a fair chance at working.

There is also alot of talk about CF + some nVidia card for PhysX but nothing about if one could actually use the PhysX card to power actual displays. Win7 does support multiple graphics drivers so I don't know...

Ps. sorry for OTing :)

Last edited:
5118040942_d1f041315c_b.jpg

haven't got it up and running, but I just added a 28" asus to this setup above the 3 23" monitors for tv/2nd pc.

Wanted to share a video I put together about 3 weeks ago of some of the best looking monitor setups in this thread (note thats IMHO). Been a long time lurker but decided to sign up finally :) I run a dual setup personally but looking to go eyefinity as soon as I sell my rig which is listed in ebay.

This should save new people a lot of time scrolling through all 890+ pages.

Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeHiKVAGHzc

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never heard that song, but it sounds pretty good. Nice job with the video. I'd like to see a longer one with more setups.

Wanted to share a video I put together about 3 weeks ago of some of the best looking monitor setups in this thread (note thats IMHO). Been a long time lurker but decided to sign up finally :) I run a dual setup personally but looking to go eyefinity as soon as I sell my rig which is listed in ebay.

Enjoy:

Nice video. I you do another one include some Surround setups! Thanks!

BTW: I love the music, big trance/electronica fan, I can listen to that song for hours when I'm working.

Enjoy:

Awesome, mine made it 1:02-1:05 haha.

I'm a little sad that none of my setups made it into the video...oh well =P

Please don't be :) To be honest I probably "skimmed" through the last 200+ pages and made up this video so it is by no means COMPLETE and I could easily overlooked some great setups. Oh and I mainly focused on 3x1s.

I might do another video (part 2?) with additional setups and without those random pics like the bookshelf, headphone holder etc.

Less talking more pictures :p
ok :p

teaser picture, since i'm not finished yet. but the hard part of finding the galants and assembling is done at least. tmw i'll clean up the rest and put back up my speakers :).

IvHnu.jpg

feels like i'm in mission control or something with them angled down like that :D :p

teaser picture, since i'm not finished yet. but the hard part of finding the galants and assembling is done at least. tmw i'll clean up the rest and put back up my speakers :).

feels like i'm in mission control or something with them angled down like that :D :p

That desk is fantastic!

That desk is fantastic!

I am deployed right now, and my wife bought me the Galant while I have been over here..I can't wait to get back to it!!! Only a week left!! WOOHOO!!!

And have a new monitor :)

they are very nice indeed. i miss my jerkers a lil bit but not too much :p. they are in the closet after all ;)

IvHnu.jpg

Looks good! Love my Galant. Wish I had the room for the U layout, but alas no.

What kind of cabinet is that under the left side of the desk? Looks Ikeaish since it's the same color as the Galant.

Looks good! Love my Galant. Wish I had the room for the U layout, but alas no.

What kind of cabinet is that under the left side of the desk? Looks Ikeaish since it's the same color as the Galant.

it says effektiv. still some effektiv stuff sold by ikea but not too much. used to be the original galant sold under that name before they had the version thats sold now. came with the desk along with a small cart that would probably fit a microatx case that i'm not sure i will use. i put all my cds and dvds inside the big cart ;)

Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeHiKVAGHzc

Thanks for including my room :D I'm at the 1:45 mark

been planning this since last october or november. can't remember. total for all the desks was $375. the only thing i did not buy on craigslist was 3 more t-legs from ikea. i drove to maryland for the first half, then to woodbridge for the capita legs and jarpen shelf, norfolk for the other half of the desk, then back to woodbridge for the t-legs and one quarter circle end piece. i decided to not go with the half circle end pieces.

i even had enough parts to make an extra 44 inch x 24 inch galant desk (not counting the half circle end pieces). no room left though so i will store it. i am considering this painting to round out my room with the pictures i will put up so tell me your thoughts on this. http://imgur.com/xMAEp.jpg

i also plan on taking a shot with my 2 laptops on the desk. kinda forgot :p. also will put my speed limit sign up :)

i am by no means finished. i plan on putting some clothes on that shelf by the door or removing completely at some point. in the meantime the boxes will go in the closet and the futon will be pushed against the door.

i am happy to have a charging area for misc small things like cell phone and mp3 player, a spot for both laptops, and an area to sit cases on to work computers withou affecting me doing other things like being online or on the laptops.

i was inspired by Lotheron . thanks agan :).

1J7nM.jpg

UDbTv.jpg

6Gfjo.jpg

hBcll.jpg

egoP1.jpg

2yMCV.jpg

ceAsp.jpg

WhJgz.jpg

Hzcnh.jpg

rest of pics here:

http://zangetsu.imgur.com/galant_u_3

Helloes helloes, a small update follows.

Got all the parts and amazingly enough everything worked liked a charm. 6950 to 6970 BIOS switch went smoothly on both cards. And even better, according to GPU-Z readings on both cards and the crossfire marker in game -- overlaps WoW minimap on the pic -- 69xx does support PLP with having crossfire enabled on the mainscreen, atleast everything points to that.

plp4.jpg

Next up, I need to figure out if I want to add more screens and how would I do that aswell as how to get that black matte finish on the side screen bezels and legs.

Last edited:
Back