Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

what are those speaker isolation blocks ? make/model where you get them from.

been looking for something like for AGES ! :eek:

cheers

i recommend you check out these:
http://store.audioholics.com/product/1430/0/auralex-mopad-monitor-isolation-pads--set-of-2-

mopads are pretty versatile and inexpensive. you can have the speakers angled up, angled down, or level.

you could also buy a bunch of these for dirt cheap but they aren't as good looking as other solutions:
http://shop3.mailordercentral.com/supersoundproofing/prodinfo.asp?number=09-00002-2-SOFT

Kroger's .. I wish I had a costco around here, those white chocolate and macadamia nut cookies are amazing

I work at a Costco and I wish they made only a pack of white chocolate and macadamia nut cookies, and their Boston cream pie if you haven't tried it yet!

Sdc11772.jpg

Nice desks!

You should throw a layer of paint on the walls before you get all moved in.

every time I see someone with 3 of the acer's from Black Friday 2009, it makes me wish I had bought a third one. Its almost been a year and the price hasn't dropped yet to the $150 range from black friday (ignoring the extra $10 coupon and bing... :( )

every time I see someone with 3 of the acer's from Black Friday 2009, it makes me wish I had bought a third one. Its almost been a year and the price hasn't dropped yet to the $150 range from black friday (ignoring the extra $10 coupon and bing... :( )

haha, Black Friday is THE best time to buy LCD's.. In fact I've upgraded for the past few years, I managed to get a 3rd LCD from my bro which he got from BF as well.

haha, Black Friday is THE best time to buy LCD's.. In fact I've upgraded for the past few years, I managed to get a 3rd LCD from my bro which he got from BF as well.

lol I plan to get 3 this black friday. Last black friday I wasnt thinking about Eyefinity at all.... Now that I can I want so bad! Bought a TV instead of monitors, I dont even use the TV that often too...

Keep in mind, if you really want the eyefinity to go for the USB dongle or get the sapphire flex card.. the eyefinity won't work straight out of the box unless you go VGA on the displayport plug.. and if you're running displays over 1280x1024 (per monitor) then you're gonna have to get the active dongle.

Most people don't realize this (like myself) who ended up buying a 3rd monitor and being SOL when I first got it.

I use the sapphire dp VGA adapted with my Dell it's the cheapest solution and works perfectly. I can't even tell the difference between them.

me too, i can't find any 1920x1200 Acer 24" LCD's now...... :mad:

Keep in mind, if you really want the eyefinity to go for the USB dongle or get the sapphire flex card.. the eyefinity won't work straight out of the box unless you go VGA on the displayport plug.. and if you're running displays over 1280x1024 (per monitor) then you're gonna have to get the active dongle.

Most people don't realize this (like myself) who ended up buying a 3rd monitor and being SOL when I first got it.

I'm using a passive displayport to VGA adapter with 3 1680x1050 screens no problem.

HP LP3065 + 2007FP in portrait. It's impressive how much more one can do with 1600 pixels of vertical resolution vs. 1200- it actually takes some time to modify one's workflow to optimally utilize the extra real-estate.

The gap is there because I almost never span, and physically separating the monitors helps me stay organized.

Edit: Added lower pic- both monitors now mounted (arms = Chief KTG-110)

Last edited:
^ Nice, i'm doing a similar setup with my dell 3007 and a P2010H i just bought. Can't wait for it to get here.

HP LP3065 + 2007FP in portrait. It's impressive how much more one can do with 1600 pixels of vertical resolution vs. 1200- it actually takes some time to modify one's workflow to optimally utilize the extra real-estate.

The gap is there because I almost never span, and physically separating the monitors helps me stay organized.

How long did you have the HP 30", and is there anything bad about it?

How long did you have the HP 30", and is there anything bad about it?

I bought the 3065 used less than a week ago in a local sale. There are a few dead pixels, and there is a tiny scratch in the middle of the screen, but none of it is noticeable during normal use- and I was aware of the scratch prior to purchase (got a great price, so no complaints). The panel was manufactured in 2009, so I still have a couple of years left on the warranty.

As far as issues- none, really. The panel does appear to lean towards being a bit too cool (blue) vs. the 2007FP (the 2007FP is an IPS panel as well), but since I do not do color-critical work, it is more important that viewing angles and whites of my monitors be relatively close- which they are. Brightness is far more than sufficient- I have the 3065 turned all the way down on brightness in both pictures. The monitor does not get too hot, and there is no whine/noise.

I got my 2 Dell 3007wfp's coming... I'm all excited. Well I'm using one now and waiting for another, should be here Saturday!

Edit: Added lower pic- both monitors now mounted (arms = Chief KTG-110)

You must tell me where you got those backgrounds for your desktop

You must tell me where you got those backgrounds for your desktop

Digitalblasphemy.com

Not free, but if you like his style, well worth the (very reasonable) cost of membership. His newer stuff is great in terms of high-res, multi-monitor support.

Getting much closer to having my gear setup they way I want...

img3055y.jpg

Anyone know what make of desk that is? Been looking for a good desk (seems impossible to find a decent looking desk :rolleyes:) and I like the look of that one. Is that a wenge or black ash finish? Pictures make it kind of hard to tell.

And while I'm at it, does anyone know any good desks like the one in the picture that can be combined with a set (So you can have a corner, and two workstations at either side or something like that) of the same make?

workstationimg03721024.jpg

workstationimg0378mod10.jpg

workstationimg03801024.jpg

workstationimg03821024.jpg

AOC 2434 24",Samsung P2770 27",HP W2207h 22", Acer H233H 23", LG 19", Samsung 22"

Last edited:
Anyone know what make of desk that is? Been looking for a good desk (seems impossible to find a decent looking desk :rolleyes:) and I like the look of that one. Is that a wenge or black ash finish? Pictures make it kind of hard to tell.

And while I'm at it, does anyone know any good desks like the one in the picture that can be combined with a set (So you can have a corner, and two workstations at either side or something like that) of the same make?

The desk is an Ikea Gallant I think, in black. The Gallant series from Ikea can do what your looking for.

The desk is an Ikea Gallant I think, in black. The Gallant series from Ikea can do what your looking for.

I'm in the UK, so checked out their UK site, and it does seem to look like that. However, in the picture you can see some drawers just peeking out behind his chair. I don't see any Gallant desk with that, unless he shoved that in seperately?

I did see some Marino stuff from Argos (http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...logId=1500002451&langId=-1&searchTerms=MARINO) and that would definitely be something I'd love, as it has a whole set of cupboards, desks, corners, drawers, ect. That all blend seamlessly into each other and look pretty kickass. Only problem is I know they're probably just a cheap MDF with a veneer over it that wouldn't be all that hardwearing, judging by the low prices. :eek:

Although it still looks seriously awesome. You can see how it all looks when fit together (under a lighter beech finish) to the right of where it says "design your own home office" http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Brows.../2|cat_14417894|Office+furniture|14418165.htm

It is an IKEA Galant (with T Legs) in "Black/Brown" colour.
The cabinet below is a Galant Drawer Unit on Casters in the same "Black/Brown" colour.

It is an IKEA Galant (with T Legs) in "Black/Brown" colour.
The cabinet below is a Galant Drawer Unit on Casters in the same "Black/Brown" colour.

Sweet stuff, definitely gotta get me a set of those then. :cool:

I'm pretty sure the DVD tower is just a BENNO DVD tower in the same "Black/Brown" colour, so I won't ask about that. :p

Alright, last question for every good setup: What is the best cable tidy solution? One of those IKEA box things you shove everything into and hide away, or velcro straps, ect.?

Last edited:
Back