Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

haven't posted here in a while.. my trusty acer 24 finally died so I got a samsung t260hd to replace it.. after running the color calibration software I am now quite happy with it.. but it might end up being the bedroom TV as I am thinking I should have gone with two 22" panels now.. but oh well.

I have the same monitor too, do you have any problems with it returning from sleep? Also did you have trouble with too much blue...I had a issue until I calibrated.

Main System:

Orion%20Monitors.jpg

Backup System/DOS Box:

Doom%20In%20Widescreen.jpg

here is where i spend 95% of my life.

HP DV5T with a HDMI cable running to the Acer X233H (middle)

@1920x1080

MSI Wind netbook

DSC01652.JPG

Acer X233H for $140, good ol newegg :D

Last edited:
c3p0 - great setup bud! would you mind giving an overview of what all you have there? One thing I am really interested in are the stands you have what looks like an ipod and iphone/itouch in.

Thanks and gald to see you on [H]

c3p0 - great setup bud! would you mind giving an overview of what all you have there? One thing I am really interested in are the stands you have what looks like an ipod and iphone/itouch in.

Thanks and gald to see you on [H]

Thanks for the props.

LOL where do I start. I have a lot of stuff crammed in a tight space which looks very crowded, but it works for me.

I have the four screens connected to one tower, A quad core 9650, 295 gtx + 8800gtx. I very nearly purchased another 295 gtx but decided against because of the poor general scaling. 1 30 inch apple cinema screen and 3 24inch dells.

I have 3 sets of speakers. 2 connected to my main pc. Aktimate minis are the large speakers and the scandyna speakers the smaller ones. The creative speakers are hooked upto my hp netbook. Main pc has a essence stx soundcard.

The smaller toshiba netbook is for my headphone setup. I have sennhesier hd650s, grado 325s, and senn hd555s. Cordette gem is the dac and amped by graham slee solo with psu1 headphone amp.

The stands are what the poster linked. Nice ipod stands for sure!

Probs gonna get the qb76 dac by chord and the hd800s next year, and oh eyefinity!

Thanks for your kind words.

I've been a lurker here for a long long time... been tweaking my setup for months... It went from:

2ynf8jl.jpg

then I went insane and got a top of the line liquid cooled Digital Storm beast with a 40" Samsung LCD-LED, IKEA Galant black desk and 1 amBX system....and it looked like this...

IMGP0182.jpg

THEN... woot.com was nice enough to put the amBX kits on MASSIVE discount and..... I present to you... too damn much stuff on a desk...

IMGP0205.jpg

IMGP0208.jpg

IMGP0211.jpg

IMGP0213.jpg

Wow, that is neat. What do you use to light up the wall behind? Some sort of awesome LED thing from iKEA I would imagine?

I'm glad you like the setup. I'll answer the questions in order:

The thing next to my keyboard is a Wolfking Warrior Game Pad, aka the Circle of Death
Wolf King Warrior

I use either that or my G13 depending on what I'm playing at the time.

The wallpaper is just something I downloaded a few years ago. Honestly not sure where it came from. Sorry.

The game is WoW. I'm hovering over Dalaran.

The lighting on the wall is 5 amBX kits. They are called "wall washers" and work in conjunction with the lights in the front. The way the system works is:

1) The game directly hooks into the amBX system and flashes lights based on game code (in Far Cry 2 when you fire the flame thrower the lights pulse orange to red and the fans (yes there are fans as well in the kits, along with wrist rumblers) turn on and simulate rushing air, machine gun fire pulses the lights, etc)

2) if the game does not have a direct hook the amBX software divides the screen up into a 3x3 matrix and colors the lights depending on the over all color of that area. There is a control program that lets you specify what quadrant each amBX light is representing.

Phillips was the maker of the amBX kits but has since stopped making them (they charged WAAAAAY too much for the technology at about 200$ per BASIC kit) but amBX just signed a deal with MadCats so there will be new system designs coming out in the future.

I've been a lurker here for a long long time... been tweaking my setup for months... It went from:

then I went insane and got a top of the line liquid cooled Digital Storm beast with a 40" Samsung LCD-LED, IKEA Galant black desk and 1 amBX system....and it looked like this...

THEN... woot.com was nice enough to put the amBX kits on MASSIVE discount and..... I present to you... too damn much stuff on a desk...

QUOTE]

Awesome setup. You make me wanna get that ambx stuff now!

edit - sorry i quoted all the pics. for some reason when i ma logged in i cant view pics, which is wierd.

Last edited:
Yeah how dare you quote pictures in a thread full of pictures... Don't you know we need to save our bandwidth for threads with out pictures!

Yeah how dare you quote pictures in a thread full of pictures... Don't you know we need to save our bandwidth for threads with out pictures!

Well it takes nothing for it to load for me, but it's being considerate of others who maybe have a weak connection or attempting to view on a mobile device. And it would be one thing to post the photos if the original post was several pages back, refreshing for anyone who had yet to see it.

Besides, only including one or two photos of the poster's setup, would be sufficient enough for everyone to remember it.

Well it takes nothing for it to load for me, but it's being considerate of others who maybe have a weak connection or attempting to view on a mobile device. And it would be one thing to post the photos if the original post was several pages back, refreshing for anyone who had yet to see it.

Besides, only including one or two photos of the poster's setup, would be sufficient enough for everyone to remember it.

I agree, i just felt like messing around and making a smart ass comment Lol :cool:

My new 28" I-Inc monitor from black friday, to go with the 25" I already had. One freaking stuck pixel...... my damn LG 47LH90 that is arriving Saturday had better not have one.

Excuse all the wires, have been playing Batman: AA on the plasma tv just out of view, need to get some wireless stuff.

wiregen, what girl is that?

Fliff, your huge speakers and case make your monitor look tiny lol! How big is the monitor? It's probably 24" or 22", but it looks 20".

I have the same monitor too, do you have any problems with it returning from sleep? Also did you have trouble with too much blue...I had a issue until I calibrated.

(re: Samsung T260HD)
Hi - sorry to be so late in replying.. didn't see the response.. the color was a little funky, it seemed washed out a bit but when I ran the calibration software and then I tweaked the gama a bit in the Nvidia control panel also it looked great... much deeper colors and clearer cleaner edges on things than the acer imo.. I run the color temp on the monitor itself at "normal" (I know lots of the people who complained about the blue hue said use "warm" on the color temp, but that didn't look right to me on mine). As a tv it's got a super picture and I am leaning towards putting it in the bedroom to replace the ancient crt there.. then I'll get a pair of 24" or 22" panels for the desk..

oh and, this fucker is a DUST MAGNET.. o m g.. I had to add that.

PS: Tronne - love the setup.

wiregen, what girl is that?

Fliff, your huge speakers and case make your monitor look tiny lol! How big is the monitor? It's probably 24" or 22", but it looks 20".

Lol, my monitor is actually 24 inches. And I agree that the monstrous size of the haf 932 makes everything else look like an ant in comparison.

Back