Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Here is my complete setup. I'll probably be organizing my room some time this week, so I'll probably post up my new arranged setup. Took photos from my phone, sorry about quality.

DSC00155.jpg

Here I have two Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP monitors in dual screen. One monitor connects to the PC and the laptop, while the other is for the PS3. Z-5500's are set up not the way I wanted them to be but it's been fine. The two front speakers are hidden behind the two monitors. In the middle is my new Dell Latitude 6500, next to a PS3 controller to the left, and a G5 to the right, and below is a diNovo keybaord.

DSC00156.jpg

And below everything on top is my PS3 on the far left, then my computer rig, and in the middle is my sub-woofer for the 5500s, and lastly the z5500 control dock on the far right.

It's kinda a sloppy setup but it'll do until I've arrange my room and get everything set up the way I wanted.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of a dual monitor setup, how does it work for playing games/fps? The main monitor would have to be in the center..

I'm thinking of a dual monitor setup, how does it work for playing games/fps? The main monitor would have to be in the center..
Games will be shown on your primary monitor only, except for a handful that have dual-monitor support.

even those with dual monitor support though, only support dual monitors through something like the Matrox Dual Head to Go, or similar (Exception being Supreme Commander.. I think anyway)

Doesn't that speaker bother you?

Nope. The top slopes back, so when you are seated in front of it you have no screen obstruction. This is part of the reason I bought it. The design allowed me the placement I wanted and more speaker.

--

nice cans Frrak, got the same ones!

Thank you. I love 'em, great headphones. In conjunction with Zalman's clip on mic the work well for gaming as well.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/2766/hddsz.jpg

Go-Jeta :D Goku+Vegeta Fusion

guarding my TB's that I borrowed from my son's Antec 1200 until my Obsidian arrives next week hahaha

omg where did u buy it from? i must get it! :D. i only have a super saiyan 3 goku figure ;)

i'd love to have a super saiyan 4 one :D

thats a great setup yang88, can you tell me what desk that is, and if possible, can you give me the diamensions, length of both ends and the depth from back to front.

Thanks
Raymond

thats a great setup yang88, can you tell me what desk that is, and if possible, can you give me the diamensions, length of both ends and the depth from back to front.

Thanks
Raymond

It's the "sharper Image" desk from www.officemax.com

http://www.officemax.com/catalog/search.jsp?freeText=sharper+image&search.x=22&search.y=16

is the direct link for all the parts, I put 2 "main desks" together, b/c the kb tray is too small for my G15 + Steelseries 5L, I'm actually going to run a zig zag and connect another desk to move my son over so I can run my triple display from a corner.

omg where did u buy it from? i must get it! :D. i only have a super saiyan 3 goku figure ;)

i'd love to have a super saiyan 4 one :D

nice matrix! would love to see the pix of the SS3

my former employees are japanese and they brought it back from one of those "crane" vending machines....the details are awesome, I wish I could get more!

nope, I had more issues w/ dust when I had the tower on the ground, so it's quiet surprisingly quiet and dust free =D...but I am pretty OCD when it comes to my office (other than the wire nest hahaha)

it won't be caseless anymore as my new case comes in next week

I loved my Jerker, but I wanted something different... so I threw down some glass :D
I spent most of the other night hiding all the cables by strategically attaching them to the legs and posts of the desk.

IMG_1576.jpg

IMG_1579.jpg

I loved my Jerker, but I wanted something different... so I threw down some glass :D
I spent most of the other night hiding all the cables by strategically attaching them to the legs and posts of the desk.

snippity snip*

Your setups are always something that catch my eye. How does it feel going from 2 monitors back to one?

I have a couple of those same shelves (or at least they look identical). They have them at Target for around $6.00 pc. for the smaller ones. I seen the square ones there too, not sure how much those ran.

Looks nice. Clean, which is saying a lot with a glass desk. Kudos on the wiring!

Thank you :D
I'm going to hold this in high regard coming from someone with a setup such as yours.

TooBooKoo:
I asked in the other thread also. But, where are those shelves from?
Answered in other thread... but my wife says they're from Wal Mart.

Your setups are always something that catch my eye. How does it feel going from 2 monitors back to one?
Thank you, I appreciate that :D
I don't really mind using one monitor as long as I have methods in place to move quickly and efficiently between windows, such as apps like Switcher, etc. To be honest with you, the second monitor I had was mainly used to show widgets and other junk that was not considered mission-critical. However, if I was using anything under a 24" I would probably say an extra monitor would be necessary... that being said, I can't say as I'd mind getting another 24" or even a couple of 30"s :D

I have a couple of those same shelves (or at least they look identical). They have them at Target for around $6.00 pc. for the smaller ones. I seen the square ones there too, not sure how much those ran.
That's right, nice little shelves for $6.00 too. I need to go see about those square ones at Target... I need some more and I can't find anymore at Wal Mart.

Online at least, both walmart and target have the square shelves. However, they are not rounded like yours are. Which is too bad, because the rounded look nicer.

Online at least, both walmart and target have the square shelves. However, they are not rounded like yours are. Which is too bad, because the rounded look nicer.

Yeah that's exactly why I liked them, because I think they compliment the rounded edges of my LCD better.

Thank you :D
I'm going to hold this in high regard coming from someone with a setup such as yours.

You are too kind. Nothing anyone with no life from working too many hours couldn't achieve. :p Though God's brought me through a lot to be here, so I have Him to thank for it all. :)

Just my simple set up... looking to "finish" the room soon with a paint job and some cleaning up...

awesome setup.. I have a couple suggestions for bluetooth wireless keyboards and mice if you want, they are great for gaming too even though they are wireless,

just a suggestion for you, because I have a gaming pc in my home theater as well, and I hate the wires running across the floor all the time.. but I have about twice the distance than you

also, that center channel would be perfect on a shelf right above the TV, might hear it a little better

You are too kind. Nothing anyone with no life from working too many hours couldn't achieve. :p Though God's brought me through a lot to be here, so I have Him to thank for it all. :)

I hear you... I think we should all be more thankful for what we have, we take too much for granted these days.

Everytime I look at this thread I get so jealous, I wish I could get just a job, being 16 its kinda hard to get a job, because in CT, you can't work in retail until you are 18... It's so obnoxious, right now I am saving for a Galant and trying to find a new home for my Jerker. If you are in the NY, NJ, CT area and you want a jerker let me know!

even those with dual monitor support though, only support dual monitors through something like the Matrox Dual Head to Go, or similar (Exception being Supreme Commander.. I think anyway)

If you're planning on gaming, dual monitor isn't the greatest setup. Gotta go right for triple-screen :D

Left4Dead spanned across three screens running at 5040x1050:
61888280.png

*No matrox hardware was used in the making of this photo ;)

If you're planning on gaming, dual monitor isn't the greatest setup. Gotta go right for triple-screen :D

Left4Dead spanned across three screens running at 5040x1050:
61888280.png

*No matrox hardware was used in the making of this photo ;)

Are those 3 identical monitors? Something doesn't look right. It looks like your left and right monitors are stretching the image and they don't look like they match the center monitor. That setup would be great for racing games or flight sims!

Are those 3 identical monitors? Something doesn't look right. It looks like your left and right monitors are stretching the image and they don't look like they match the center monitor. That setup would be great for racing games or flight sims!
Yes, all 3 monitors are identical, the side screens are angled inwards slightly.

The "distortion" you're describing on the side screens is an unavoidable consequence of how game cameras work; even on a single monitor, the farther an object gets from the center the wider it becomes.

This behavior is actually 100% correct for projecting onto the flat plane of a monitor. As long as you're sitting at a reasonable distance from the screens (so the side monitors are in your peripheral vision) and look straight ahead, the side screens line up with your eyes peripheral vision and everything looks perfect (yup, game cameras rely on you looking dead center on the screen for the perspective to line up properly, even on a single monitor).

Things only don't look right when you look directly at a side screen, because you're looking at what is supposed to be in your peripheral. Your eyes see the same distortion, but the way our brains work prevents us from looking directly out of our own peripheral to see the effect. The game has no way of tracking where you're looking, so by allowing your gaze to drift off the center monitor takes your own perspective out of alignment with the games assumed perspective.

It's something you really have to sit in the middle of to "get it". With how small that picture is, you would have to view it at between 3 and 5 inches from your face to get the same kind of effect.

Last edited:
Back