Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

You have way too much time on your hands dude. I'm confused how you have 7gb of ram though. So you're running 3x2gb sticks and one 1gb stick? Why?

i had 4 x 2GB for 8GB, but i moved one of the 2GB to another unit and replaced it w/ 1GB.

those creative speakers were HORRIBLE. I had 3 pairs that turned to nothing but static after about 5 months usage a piece. After the 3rd pair went out I ditched them and went to logitech. Be warned, stay away from those if you can. They're pretty, but they suck major.

yeah, i know those speakers are weak. i mainly use the headphones anyway. i think i'm gonna replace them w/ some decent 2.1 logitech soon.

Here's my old setup.

speakers_lt.jpg

I'm probably getting a 24" LCD sometime this summer.

I love that setup football.... i'd love to be able to turn my chair and plop into bed with my penguin... :D

football76 - I love how you utilize that closet space very innovating. How small is your place ? Square Footage ?

z3r0 - Could you link me to that wallpaper very nice. I like.

I've only gone from about page 500 to here and I am just blown away at all these setups! :eek: So many nice rigs you guys have, though is anyone running a SLI or Crossfire setup plus a third video card for your rig?

Just got my Toshiba 32RV530U yesterday! Ignore the mess! The arrival of my new display has cast my space into a state of disarray! This thing is awesome, I have it connected to 360 via hdmi at 1080p. The pics connected to the pc are of the desktop via dvi to hdmi at 1920x1080. I posted a thread concerning my issue with the vga ports limited rez. I plan on mounting this thing as soon as I get a good mount.

Old setup
DSCN0572.jpg

New setup
DSCN0986.jpg

DSCN0993.jpg

DSCN0994.jpg

DSCN0995.jpg

DSCN0996.jpg

DSCN0998.jpg

DSCN0999.jpg

DSCN1003.jpg

DSCN1001.jpg

DSCN1004.jpg

DSCN0982.jpg

A modest setup compared to some but I'm proud of it and it works well enough (for now...) for me :D

Please pardon the cellphone cam, its not the best quality but it gets the point across :rolleyes:

72ztwh.jpg

12340sg.jpg

This is my desk at Uni, its not usually this clean... I'm heading home and I thought I'd snag a picture. once I get settled at home I'll take a proper picture and post again

The left is a silver Acer 22", I cant really say I like this monitor... at all.
+ There is tons of blacklight bleed making movie watching difficult, the colors are really washed out as well.
+ Its way too bright with limited adjustment.
+ The stand is plastic and flimsy, also it doest adjust at all!
-I only picked it up because it was on clearance at staples and I ended up paying $100 (I used some ink coupons and some old Gift cards to bring this down to null).
-It'll probably find itself a TV pretty soon, I dont think its coming to uni next year

the right side is my trusty dell 2005WFP. I love this monitor so much, I learned my lesson with the acer, my next monitor will be another Dell (3009wfp perhaps?).
+ The color is awesome, no black light bleed at all. the black is impressive for its size/age and I find myself gaming and watching movies on this one.
+ The adjustments on the stand are unparalleled too, I love the 90 degree swivel!
+ I also love the multiple inputs on this one, though my composite in bit the dust last year, I run the computer in thru DVI and the xbox360 through VGA with no complaints here (most intuitive switching ever).
+ Oh, and the USB hub is cool too (so many things to say about this one!)

Found the desk at staples and it's bigger than it looks. I want one just like that but with less width don't really need all that desk with a flat screen.

Actually, now that you mention staples, that might have been where I got it. Heh, it's been a while.

Just got my Toshiba 32RV530U yesterday! Ignore the mess! The arrival of my new display has cast my space into a state of disarray! This thing is awesome, I have it connected to 360 via hdmi at 1080p. The pics connected to the pc are of the desktop via dvi to hdmi at 1920x1080. I posted a thread concerning my issue with the vga ports limited rez. I plan on mounting this thing as soon as I get a good mount.

New setup

DSCN1003.jpg
Okay, I'll ask it: "Dude, do you work for the CIA?" :p

Nice Toshiba!

So the setup is awesome, but i decided you need to burn that IE icon and get Firefox... but thats just me ;) Really enjoy the setup though. The 32 inch tvs really do great when using them for computer and other media use.

Hey man thanks, yeah i love it! If i can just figure out how im gonna run the vga from my laptop to the hdmi on my lcd:confused: Anyway, if you look at the quick launch what do u see second from the left??;)

Hey man thanks, yeah i love it! If i can just figure out how im gonna run the vga from my laptop to the hdmi on my lcd:confused: Anyway, if you look at the quick launch what do u see second from the left??;)

Oh i did not notice that before. I am really shocked however that you are making something so great as firefox 1) Live by IE on that quick launch bar and 2) That you have IE and NOT Firefox on your Dock at the top. :) Still love the set up though. You can mail me that Iphone whenever you feel the need ;)

Timm

Oh i did not notice that before. I am really shocked however that you are making something so great as firefox 1) Live by IE on that quick launch bar and 2) That you have IE and NOT Firefox on your Dock at the top. :) Still love the set up though. You can mail me that Iphone whenever you feel the need ;)

Timm

Yea I might have just taken you up on that if not for friggin apple and friggin att suposedly gonna be requiring you to sign a contract before you leave the store...I dont use att as my carrier I went about it in unmentionable way...Some im kinda pissed and will probably be stuck with this one for awhile.

So today I have been working on the setup and got some new furniture in there, I will hopefully post pics of the updates tomorrow...And who knows I might find a place for firefox in the dock:confused:

Timm

I'm sorry, but Firefox is not all that great. I have had constant problems with it lately. I had constant problems with IE too though. I just can't understand why someone would think one is superior to another.

I'm still on the hunt for a good browser.

You should try FF3. RC2/3(there are no changes between 2 and 3 except on OSX) is probably going to be the final release, and I personally have had absolutely no stability issues with it.

RC3 is an OS X-only thing.

Firefox 3's official release date is next Tuesday. No need to get the RC when you can wait 5 days.

Yea I might have just taken you up on that if not for friggin apple and friggin att suposedly gonna be requiring you to sign a contract before you leave the store...I dont use att as my carrier I went about it in unmentionable way...Some im kinda pissed and will probably be stuck with this one for awhile.

So today I have been working on the setup and got some new furniture in there, I will hopefully post pics of the updates tomorrow...And who knows I might find a place for firefox in the dock:confused:
You're not stuck. I paid $200 to drop Nextel for AT&T. Money well spent in my opinion. So far AT&T is awesome in New York. I get 1 bar more than my co-worker who has Verizon. Her calls get dropped all the time. Meanwhile I call my voicemail and walk into the closet just to spite her.

So far AT&T is awesome in New York. I get 1 bar more than my co-worker who has Verizon. Her calls get dropped all the time. Meanwhile I call my voicemail and walk into the closet just to spite her.

I would like to know where you are working. ;)

Back