Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

you know that is EXACTLY what i thought, but if you look close enough its just a 3.5mm to RCA adapter sitting on top of the Hard drive :cool:

IMG_0827.jpg

Dell 2407WFP & Viewsonic N2060w on a dual LCD arm from Geeks.com

dualmon1.jpg

dualmon2.jpg

dualmon3.jpg

dualmon4.jpg

dualmon5.jpg

As you can see in the last pic, I made little brackets to adjust the height of my Viewsonic LCD, the VESA mount on it was placed funny so it sat far to low, my brackets (made out of PCI slot covers) raise it up just over an inch. :cool:

now that is [H]ard :D

It was quite [E]asy actually. :p

Drill & a hacksaw work wonders, although I may redo it later when I have more time. Get the measurements exact. I was just pissed at Viewsonic and in a hurry to get my rig going again so I just eyeballed it.

It did turn out rather well though. :D

My setup...

setup222.jpg

Just sold my 37w3 so I'm stuck with 2 old school CRT's for now...In 2 weeks it will be lookin a lottttt better. Waiting for shit in the mail (new lcd) and also my room is getting re-done at this very moment with new paint, jus ripped the carpeting out blah blah blah. So everything is in re-construction mode. The recliner is quite gangster tho I pulled it from the end of a drive way at 2 in the morning pouring rain threw it in the back of the Jeep and it's been a pleasure to sit in every night since.

thebeephaha is that arm pretty sturdy? It says it can support up to 22 pounds but you think it could do 25?

Where'd you get that cabinet thing on the upper left wall? Can you take a pic of how the lights are set up underneath.

My Pioneer stereo supports a mode called "5 Stereo". Think of it as a quadraphonic stereo with a center channel in the mix.

It's not as weird as you'd think.

Also from where I placed the tweeter ends of the speakers the sound hits me kind of like this:

stereo_top.bmp

thebeephaha is that arm pretty sturdy? It says it can support up to 22 pounds but you think it could do 25?

It just holds my Dell 24". I really had to tighten the head so that the monitor wouldn't tilt forward but I think my Dell is more than 22lb. But the arm itself it rock solid and can easily do the specified weight of 22lb per side.

It just holds my Dell 24". I really had to tighten the head so that the monitor wouldn't tilt forward but I think my Dell is more than 22lb. But the arm itself it rock solid and can easily do the specified weight of 22lb per side.

yea the arm is really solid mine only holds 2 20s though but its built like a tank

The sub in the middle of the desk looks simply ridiculous. Subs need to be on the floor, preferably in a corner where the bass vibrations can go through the floor/wall.

Those are the Swan m10 speakers. I have them as well (along with the multi thousand dollar headphone rig in my signature).

I know good sound and you know what, for the price, these cannot be beat.

I already have an ultra-high end headphone rig for when I want to listen critically. When I want to use speakers, I chose the swan m10.

They are $99 and blow away anything by klipsch/logitech/creative/jbl in that price segment. In fact, I prefer these to the $500 paradigm mini monitors.

Technically, it is a subwoofer. There IS an internal crossover, around 100hz. It sounds like a 12db/octave crossover to my ears.

All that those specs mean is that the sub's driver is capable of playing that high; not that it actuall does (it doesn't). This is easily tested by unplugging the speakers and playing test tones at specific frequencies, which I have done.

HOWEVER, the placement that ghostchild has is CORRECT. While the sub doesn't play past 100hz much, anything above 70-80hz is directional, which means the system sounds best when the subwoofer is placed directly in front of the user. The system isn't meant to play loud; it's meant to play accurately. The subwoofer isn't a subwoofer in the traditional sense of a big box that gets thrown in the corner and blows the roof off. Think of it as just reinforcing the lower octaves. If you don't have the subwoofer on the desk, it sounds like crap.
I should paste this in my sig lol...

I don't fail because everything I want to copy and paste it to people like you then it makes my life easier. Back to LCDs

excuse the crappy image quality. Didn't have a good camera on hand.
1000020nh4.jpg

1000021sh2.jpg

The arm is an old cheapy gas arm from geeks.com

Here is a shot of my setup with the 24" Westinghouse L2410NM I just got today. The picture kind of sucks, it was just a quick snap. I'll have to try and get a better shot later. It is a little difficult because the desk is glass and very reflective.

That desk must attract dust like no other! How often do you have to clean it? Reminds me of owning my old PSP, cleaning that damn thing was a pain. Your setup looks really good, clean :D

dora.jpg

Here is a shot of my setup with the 24" Westinghouse L2410NM I just got today. The picture kind of sucks, it was just a quick snap. I'll have to try and get a better shot later. It is a little difficult because the desk is glass and very reflective.

Nice desk! where did you get it?

Back