Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

I actually just put it back up there today. I like having the extra shelf to add stuff to. Pic of your setup?

Took a couple shots just for this thread... click them to see larger

I actually just put it back up there today. I like having the extra shelf to add stuff to. Pic of your setup?
well its not clean but i will do final pics once i am all done ;)

DSCF0136-2.jpg

DSCF0115.jpg

Matrix563,

Looks strangely familiar...look at our cases, lcds, and desks..weird..

dsc00060lv4.jpg

Those are some nice setups...

I'd kill for some of those side mounts for my jerker. Cant find them anywhere :(

I have the same desk, it's the "sharper Image" desk from Office Max and the monitor stand comes w/ it =D

I also have that desk. I didn't attach the stand thinking it would be too high though. How's it working out for you? I have it around here somewhere and I'm about to move. Might try it on for size.

Is that a jerker?

or something custom?

It's a really old version of the Jerker, when they actually offered a black model! LOL

I'm getting it for $40 minus the very top shelf..I've been wanting those dam side shelves forever!!

@happy hopping :D Yeah I'm in still in the process of cleaning up the wires

@[dfr]random the stand isn't too high actually. It fits perfect in my opinion.

@schapman yeah today I'm going to buy some generic stands and fix my speaker setup.

cimg1510400yx7.jpg

My new Benq FP241W (1920x1200). I also want to show off my desktop platform for an otherwise mobile laptop. That's a metal mesh letter tray strong enough to support everything, won't melt, and the mesh lets everything breathe -- unlike most of the plastic stuff out there. Been using this for the last ten years to support some 3 generations of laptops.

I'm only feeding in an S-video PIP at this time. I need the slack from the low hanging cables for when I pivot the display.

randyf, where'd you get that stand? I really need to use some of that vertical space on my desk

looks like something found at any office supply store. great idea refactoring a seemingly straight forward product into something so much more useful for high tech gear. gives me some ideas. :D

I love to see people blocking all the cooling vents of their amplifiers. (But then again, with tiddly speakers like those I doubt you ever need to drive the amp hard enough to get hot!)

randyf, where'd you get that stand? I really need to use some of that vertical space on my desk
looks like something found at any office supply store. great idea refactoring a seemingly straight forward product into something so much more useful for high tech gear. gives me some ideas. :D
So you like my little stroke of genius! I actually thought long and hard about a vertical space saving solution that could handle the weight and heat of my laptop. And I certainly didn't want to/couldn't build it myself. Once a letter tray (often part of a desk accessory set with pencil holders and business card holders) dawned on me, I then schleped from one office supply store to another like OfficeMax or Staples. I ruled out plastic and basket weave types as well as others with "sidewalls" that would get in the way of cabling and inserting disks (back in the day when I'd stack floppy and zip drives in there). I have no idea what's out there now, but that Sam's Club product is indeed what I have, and it has supported my 5 lb laptops all these years.

I love to see people blocking all the cooling vents of their amplifiers. (But then again, with tiddly speakers like those I doubt you ever need to drive the amp hard enough to get hot!)

yea i never push it hard it is 1000 watts though

So you like my little stroke of genius! I actually thought long and hard about a vertical space saving solution that could handle the weight and heat of my laptop. And I certainly didn't want to/couldn't build it myself. Once a letter tray (often part of a desk accessory set with pencil holders and business card holders) dawned on me, I then schleped from one office supply store to another like OfficeMax or Staples. I ruled out plastic and basket weave types as well as others with "sidewalls" that would get in the way of cabling and inserting disks (back in the day when I'd stack floppy and zip drives in there). I have no idea what's out there now, but that Sam's Club product is indeed what I have, and it has supported my 5 lb laptops all these years.

that looks like the old 12" powerbooks though..according to the website measurements my 14" Asus W3J will barely fit, with some parts sticking over the edge. I'm going to put it on the bottom rack..it almost looks like yours has a slight tilt to it

posted to other post your workstation thread:

updates.. sold my macbook pro and setup a quad core (q6600) "hackintosh", it's got leopard installed, able to update straight from apple's updating service.

also, since i lost my "2nd monitor", e.g. the macbook pro's monitor, i went ahead and picked up an lg l246wp..

2104943224_afcce2632c.jpg

I'm new here, but I go to this forum a lot to check out other people's setups.
Here's mine:
2105113420_c2f8485e38_b.jpg

and
2105113812_165d6efbb5_b.jpg

Yeah, that's a dining table right there. LOL.

I'm new here, but I go to this forum a lot to check out other people's setups.
Here's mine:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2133/2105113420_c2f8485e38_b.jpg[/IMG
and
[IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2358/2105113812_165d6efbb5_b.jpg[/IMG

Yeah, that's a dining table right there. LOL.[/QUOTE]

I would be too afraid of kicking my receiver or puncturing my speakers if I had my stuff down below my desk like you.

mysetup.jpg

E6850
4GB RAM
8800GT 512MB
Dual TV Tuner
Dual 21" Gateway
Printer
Video HUB
PS3
Region Free DVD Player
And other assorted things

that looks like the old 12" powerbooks though..according to the website measurements my 14" Asus W3J will barely fit, with some parts sticking over the edge. I'm going to put it on the bottom rack..it almost looks like yours has a slight tilt to it
would it hold a 17 inch 8 pound laptop?
There's a definite tilt with the laptop in place -- bounces back without the load. I've never had more than 5 lbs on top, but I'm sure it'll support more -- but with more tilt. A laptop's footprint is another factor given the 12" x 9" racks (not sure if the Sam's Club product is larger or the website's dimensions inaccurate). Other factors include the position of your laptop's ports (all on one side on mine), and optical drive access on the side or front edge. You could certainly place the laptop on the lower levels if it operates closed (mine doesn't), but repeated cabling and recabling is easy on the top level. One thing you can't quite see on the backside is that I hook most of the cables to the rack with some twist-ties to keep them from dragging things down further.

That's indeed a 12" PowerBook, and I'm holding out for 12" or smaller MacBook. I love the smaller form factor on the move, and then porting into a no-compromise desktop environment at home. I don't game.

I would be too afraid of kicking my receiver or puncturing my speakers if I had my stuff down below my desk like you.

Well, I've kicked my receiver a few times already. The good thing about it being under there is that it actually makes my feet warm - they run hot!

Back