Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

While browsing thru all the setups , which are very nice. you tend
to get new ideas on how to improve your own current setup. Ive come
to the conclusion that i would love to have a Deskless setup? Do you
think its possible? Do we really need a desk to store all our junk onto?
I was thinking of maybe , mounting a nice Monitor onto a wall and mounting speakers to the wall as well and haveing a wireless keyboard and mouse setup! and a nice lazy boy to sit back and do all my computing. Im not sure if this is a realistic setup or not. but I really wanna go deskless. LOL . I suppose i would need some sort of table to do do
my mouse movements on , and perhaps place my keybaord onto if i decide i wanna game or something. What you think?

I was thinking of maybe , mounting a nice Monitor onto a wall and mounting speakers to the wall as well and haveing a wireless keyboard and mouse setup! and a nice lazy boy to sit back and do all my computing. Im not sure if this is a realistic setup or not. but I really wanna go deskless. LOL . I suppose i would need some sort of table to do do
my mouse movements on , and perhaps place my keybaord onto if i decide i wanna game or something. What you think?

there is a post somewhere in the post your college setup thread where one user mounted his monitor next to his bed on the wall and used wireless keyboard and mouse. But his was only used for internet browsing and basic stuff. He still had a desk for his main computer.

I use my desk for a ton more than just my computer but I have started moving away from desks with drawers and such and use bins or filing cabinets for most things. I like have a large surface that I can put stuff on to work on, that is not my workshop/garage area.

There was also a post either in here or on one of the threads about the old 24inch gateway where a guy had his monitor mounted on a wall arm in his family room. When he pulled it out from the wall and turned it to the side it faced his lazy boy. He had a wirless keyboad and mouse on I think a food tray type thing and it looked kind of comfortable. he could watch tv and use the pc at the same time from the comfort of his family room. You know what might be great for this type setup would be the diNovo Edge. You wouldnt really need a table since it has a built in mouse thingy. Be sure to post some pics if you make this Fo Reel.

defsquad:

I take it your cat likes the heat from the reciever:D

Love the setups, got some good ideas out of them.

Hey why stop there. Get a 72" big screen, doe-boy pool or spa, and one of those nice floating chares with the speakers in it, (see overtones.com). Then make the roof and walls convertible. Oh and do not for get the cocktail waitress.

Dave

well its not clean but i will do final pics once i am all done ;)

DSCF0136-2.jpg

DSCF0115.jpg
Your desk rocks! What make and model and where can I get one?

Can a person still get that Jerker desk? I checked the IKEA website
for it and never found it , unless its called something else. Anyone have a link for that desk?

Can a person still get that Jerker desk? I checked the IKEA website
for it and never found it , unless its called something else. Anyone have a link for that desk?

It has been discontinued, the only place to find one (and only used probably) is eBay or Craigslist.

If you use one of those you better pray to god that the montior support doesent break. Cause if it does you have a 50 Pound monitor going right into your face.

And 4000$ seems alittle pricey for something that any decent metal worker could build.

I remember a couple years back when some guy built his own with several large CRTs - no way I have the testicular fortitude to try sitting beneath 150Kg+ of glass!

I got it here...
http://exoteric.roach.org/bg/index.html

I don't remember which gallery.. but browse through.. you will find lots of amazing backgrounds... go to the terms and conditions page and agree.. then you get a username and password (no email verifications or anything like that.. very very easy..)

hope this helps!

Looks amazing. Dual 30s are really nice. But just seeing that subwoofer next to that computer makes me cringe. :eek:
Why? If you're worried about the magnetic field damaging data on hard disk, don't be; that's nothing more than an urban rumour. If I strapped a hard drive directly to the magnet on the back of an 18" subwoofer, it would be absolutely fine.

Why? If you're worried about the magnetic field damaging data on hard disk, don't be; that's nothing more than an urban rumour. If I strapped a hard drive directly to the magnet on the back of an 18" subwoofer, it would be absolutely fine.

well... the vibrations might hurt it but the magnet wouldnt ;)

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

2 x Dell 1706FPV (PVA, but only 6bit)
1x VS vx2025wm (P-MVA)

1 Dell and the VS is run by a PCI-E Geforce 8600 (2x DVI) and a PCI Geforce 5200 (1x DVI). Zero problems, just uninstalled 8600 drivers, installed 5200 drivers, then reinstall 8600 drivers.

I haven't calibrated them, but it is an amzing feeling surrounded by all this artificial brightness. I had to have the 20-17-17 because I only have 1 LCD mounting arm.

Nice setup. What kind of desk is that and do you remember where you got it from?

The desk is the elusive Ikea Jerker Desk (discontinued, but they replaced it with a smaller model called "Fredrik"). The monitor stand is the same shelf combo on the wall (Ikea JÄRPEN + SLINGA), just resting on the desk itself.

More importantly name off your amp, headphones, receiver, and speakers.

As for the audio, it's nothing special. The amp/reciever is a Sony CMTRB5 mini system. Great little unit I use to output audio from my PC and cable box. Speakers came with the unit; 3" drivers, 2-way bass, wooden enclosure. Headphones are bottom of the barrel Sony MDR-V150 (my 4th pair) and Sony MDR-XD200. I do have a decent system in my basement though,

QSC MX 1500a Amp
Spirit Folio Lite Mixer
Rane ME 15 EQ
2x 12" Cerwin Prostax PS12
2x 15" Electro Voice T52

Back