Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

You can pickup a multi-channel PCI video capture card anywhere (ie. amazon), which basically just has some BNC video connections on it, and including some nifty software to record stuff for you. I have (2) "Q-See" 4-channel cards, along with the 5 cameras (3 more coming soon). There is a dedicated puter in another room that all the cables running to and it records 24/7. Using the s/w included, it's actually got a mini-web server built-in. The image you see on the server is using the remote web software, which I can pretty much view anywhere with an internet connection.

That's [H]ardcore, I'm definitely gonna follow suit.

<3 Saur

Out of curiosity, how do you like using the Sharp Aquos as a PC monitor? I was thinking about buying the 32" or 37" model as a TV, but never thought about using it for a PC monitor...

IMO a 32" is probably about the limit for a monitor, lest you have room to start pushing it away from you, which most ppl feel they need to do from 37 and up. Keep in mind though that if you plan to use it as a TV a 32" is probably a bit too small unless you are 4-5ft away, i.e. it may be a bit small from where your bed/couch is. Most on this thread will say that 37" is that perfect size, as 42" is pushing it for a normal desk (I have one), but due to its size its just awesome as a TV or for watching movies on the PC or for gaming of any kind

Change of my setup. Got myself some wider desk :D

Dell Ultrasharp 2407wfp and a Iiyama E430-B (17inch)
setup-pc-current-sept07.jpg

These pictures dont do the sceen much justice, in real life it looks (much) better. And by the way, i pretty much suck at keeping my camera straight :p

Some more:
Half Life 2 Cinematic Mod v4 @ 1920x1200

Twilight Princess on Gamecube - composite - ASPECT mode scaling on

Monkey Ball Deluxe ps2 - Composite - ASPECT mode scaling on <- thank god for proper widescreen :)

Zelda: The Wind Waker @ Gamecube - Composite - ASPECT mode scaling on

**sings** Dah nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh Dah nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh BATMAN!

not really anything new to my setup but i did get a new camera (nikon d40) so i wanted to try it out

computerpic1qm3.jpg

anothercomputerpicsf9.jpg

panshotad6.jpg
How did you get you're G15 to light up RED?? Awesome Room, how old are you? Just wondering the younger you are the sweater the rooms gotta be for you.

Here is my current setup. It's rather cramped, but this is what I'm stuck with until December.

Left monitor is a Gateway FPD1975W. I haven't really tinkered with it, but the colour seems off to me. Has anyone else with a Gateway monitor experienced a brighter or more washed out colour? I use this monitor for gaming and I don't notice it too much when I play, but I notice it on websites or pictures significantly, especially compared to the Gateway M680's display. But the laptop display has much more glare and isn't good for daytime gaming. I know the monitor looks like it will fall off the desk, but the weight balance prevents it from being in danger.

My Sharp 20" LCD. Not bad picture quality for what it cost. It's not top end, but I'm happy with it (PS2 on the left ^.^).

Not pictured: Logitech G15 keyboard which I put on the pulled-out top drawer of the desk for gaming :p Logitech X-530 5.1 speakers - not enough room for them!

i took it apart and changed the leds then painted the face black.. and im 22

Thats sweet, what kind of paint did you use? I think I'm gonna give it a try and pain mine blue to match my G5. Give me any pointers you can. Thanks, Ill post pics when I get'er done!;)

@ Limp Gawd: yep it was cutted from i think that wallpaper from like 500mb yes.

@ rest: too bad i dont know the name of the desk. There wasnt really anything on the product or anything, no name or something :(. Was bought @ the Makro (www.makro.com / www.makro.nl (for dutch).

Does anybody have a picture of a 17" LCD next to a 22" widescreen LCD? I'm trying to visualise the size difference.

well, as far as vertical view size theres only around 2" difference, but horizontal will be massive, Imagen a skinny dude overlaying a sumo wrestler and you'll get a pretty good comparison.

Here is my setup in my dorm room, I will post more and better pictures later but this is what i have right now and a response to the request of a 22"widescreen with a 17" standard

that is a 22" acer AL2216W (got from office depot for 200 AR) with a 17" viewsonic from a couple years ago (i forget the model)

-not bad for a kid on a budget, it gets the job done

I actually think the sizes work pretty well, I got the 22" over the summer because i am using my computer as my tv and movie player for up at school and so i wanted a bigger screen. I usually use the 17" just to browse the internet and the new monitor to watch movies and it works great. I am happy with the size

Thanks slewis127, that was exactly what I wanted to see :) In about 2 weeks I plan to retire my 3x 15" LCDs & replace them with a single 22" widescreen, along with my 17" LCD & laptop - nice to see that there won't be TOO much of a vertical jump between the two!

Here are several more pictures of my setup that are more recent.

Is it hard to figure out where I go to school???? LETS GO STATE!!!

off topic, yes that is Gatorade AM, it's delicious. I went through a case of 24 in the first week of school haha.

YEAH kick Notre Dame's assss!!!

Cool setup.. just don't show it to any girls. j/p =D I wish we could have our dorms like that.

EDIT: OMG is that a state mousepad!? haha. nice.

Uhh not in the picture? Yeah I've been on here forever, don't post much though.

Well, you should :p

Here are my LCDs. Nothing special at all-cheap acer widescreen, cheap westy LCDTV, and HP notebook. Those headphones sitting in front of the monitors are worth more then all of the monitors combined :gonk:

lcd003rv4.jpg

lcd004fl8.jpg

lcd007sf1.jpg

Here are several more pictures of my setup that are more recent.

Is it hard to figure out where I go to school???? LETS GO STATE!!!

off topic, yes that is Gatorade AM, it's delicious. I went through a case of 24 in the first week of school haha.

haha, I knew those chairs looked familliar! What campus? I'm at Beaver right now.

Penn State murdered ND too, lmao

Linux sunbox 2.6.20-16-lowlatency #2 SMP PREEMPT Fri Aug 31 00:58:46 UTC 2007 i686 GNU/Linux

Linux =3

Back