• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Memocobra, nice set up (except for that Dell they make me unhappy but that's another story) And where did you get the Spidey/Carnage/Venom poster?
 
Old

IMG_0052.jpg



New



DSC00022.jpg


Need a little bit of cleaning hehehehhe
 
Hehe...I was reluctant to take off those tape strips on the Aquos as well.

I wish I still had my Xbox and Gears of War to try on that monitor.
 
Samsung > Westinghouse

Westinghouse isn't that great of a brand, good for the best bang for your buck maybe, but they're down there with olevia, vizio and a bunch of other nameless brands I've never heard of. I've heard of westinghouse before when they made crt tv's. Crap quality and dead within a year. I think the only brand worse than Westinghouse is housebrand or durabrand at Walmart.
 
Samsung > Westinghouse

Westinghouse isn't that great of a brand, good for the best bang for your buck maybe, but they're down there with olevia, vizio and a bunch of other nameless brands I've never heard of. I've heard of westinghouse before when they made crt tv's. Crap quality and dead within a year. I think the only brand worse than Westinghouse is housebrand or durabrand at Walmart.

Q F T !
 
Samsung > Westinghouse

Westinghouse isn't that great of a brand, good for the best bang for your buck maybe, but they're down there with olevia, vizio and a bunch of other nameless brands I've never heard of. I've heard of westinghouse before when they made crt tv's. Crap quality and dead within a year. I think the only brand worse than Westinghouse is housebrand or durabrand at Walmart.

LOL. you forget alot of the same manufacturers all use the same screen. so what if the casing isn't as pretty. i still get a great display :)
 
Here's my old Dell 2005FPW now setup in our kitchen with a SFF PC I built for my girlfriend...




And here's my main setup with my new LG L246WP...





 
LOL. you forget alot of the same manufacturers all use the same screen. so what if the casing isn't as pretty. i still get a great display :)

All displays are not created equal. It may be the same screen, but there's definately a difference between a cheapo hanns-g monitor and an expensive nec monitor. It's not the casing that surrounds the screen. That's cheap plastic anyway. The quality of parts behind the screen determine how good it is.

Certain lines of westing house tv's may be decent pc/ tv screens, but there is no way you can tell me there's not substantial differences between Westinghouse and a Sharp TV in the same price range. It's like saying there's no difference between rca speakers and klipsch speakers. Granted LCD's are a different market all together.

I'm not bashing anyone's opinion on what screens they like, a lot of people like the price point on what westinghouse offers but imho westinghouse still makes crap. I may have been exaggerating comparing them to duranbrand at walmart :p , but vizio, westinghouse, viewsonic all make average tv's. A year ago, I thought of jumping on a cheaper lcd tv, was probably going to be a viewsonic because I thought I didn't care about quality, but I'm glad I didn't because I'd have buyer's remorse if I went with a tv just because of the cost.
 
All displays are not created equal. It may be the same screen, but there's definately a difference between a cheapo hanns-g monitor and an expensive nec monitor. It's not the casing that surrounds the screen. That's cheap plastic anyway. The quality of parts behind the screen determine how good it is.

Certain lines of westing house tv's may be decent pc/ tv screens, but there is no way you can tell me there's not substantial differences between Westinghouse and a Sharp TV in the same price range. It's like saying there's no difference between rca speakers and klipsch speakers. Granted LCD's are a different market all together.

I'm not bashing anyone's opinion on what screens they like, a lot of people like the price point on what westinghouse offers but imho westinghouse still makes crap. I may have been exaggerating comparing them to duranbrand at walmart :p , but vizio, westinghouse, viewsonic all make average tv's. A year ago, I thought of jumping on a cheaper lcd tv, was probably going to be a viewsonic because I thought I didn't care about quality, but I'm glad I didn't because I'd have buyer's remorse if I went with a tv just because of the cost.


yet theres a thread with almost 5000 replies and over half a million views on how good the westy is, and its sticked :D http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1088497

have you considered the source hooked up to tvs at walmart etc are not 1080P? or even hd? they might even be 480i (yuck).

I've seen a sharp aquos in person (the 45 inch) a while back at best buy. it was a very VERY nice display but my new westy 37w3se, i can't really justify paying 3x as much for a sharp aquos.

the only difference between this westy and that aquos is the viewing angles. sharp's were perfect. westy is pretty good but not as good as the aquos.
i'm not going to pay 2 or 3x as much for slightly better viewing angles ;)


ps - nice setup b_naughty! :)
 
yet theres a thread with almost 5000 replies and over half a million views on how good the westy is, and its sticked :D http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1088497

have you considered the source hooked up to tvs at walmart etc are not 1080P? or even hd? they might even be 480i (yuck).

I've seen a sharp aquos in person (the 45 inch) a while back at best buy. it was a very VERY nice display but my new westy 37w3se, i can't really justify paying 3x as much for a sharp aquos.

the only difference between this westy and that aquos is the viewing angles. sharp's were perfect. westy is pretty good but not as good as the aquos.
i'm not going to pay 2 or 3x as much for slightly better viewing angles ;)


ps - nice setup b_naughty! :)

different strokes for different folks :D

I could never buy RCA speakers even if someone paid me to take it. Same with the Westinghouse brand.

The Westinghouse is a decent tv, I wouldn't say great. Most people are just stoked that they can get a 42" tv for a lower price, and that's what's driving so many people to buy it.

I think more people care about how big of a screen they can buy rather than how good it is.
 
Because most people already have a small LCD for gaming, and when they are moving into the HTPC territory (or just HOLY SHIT BIG MONITOR territory), they're looking for the big screen at the low price (also because most of us don't even have real paying jobs). I've been using a 32 inch westy for my bedroom setup and for my needs the quality is great.

If you got the budget to go higher end, by all means that's your given right. Just don't bash on people for wanting a home theater on a budget. :rolleyes:
 
Because most people already have a small LCD for gaming, and when they are moving into the HTPC territory (or just HOLY SHIT BIG MONITOR territory), they're looking for the big screen at the low price (also because most of us don't even have real paying jobs). I've been using a 32 inch westy for my bedroom setup and for my needs the quality is great.

If you got the budget to go higher end, by all means that's your given right. Just don't bash on people for wanting a home theater on a budget. :rolleyes:

I guess, but if you don't have a job, getting a big lcd tv should be the last thing you should be wasting all your financial aid on. (But again to his or her own choice) Don't say it isn't possible to get a job while in college either. I've worked 30 hrs a week for the past 2 years while in college, while doing 15-17 units per quarter. It's tough, but not impossible at all. I'm not going to feel bad for people who don't have a job, yet can afford something that's $800.00.
 
Well, you guys asked Syndication for his opinion.

I defy anyone to name another brand that offers anything close to the Westy in the same retail price range. The Samsung and Sharp monitors are NOT in the same price range ;)

That Samsung is wicked though :cool:
 
I guess, but if you don't have a job, getting a big lcd tv should be the last thing you should be wasting all your financial aid on. (But again to his or her own choice) Don't say it isn't possible to get a job while in college either. I've worked 30 hrs a week for the past 2 years while in college, while doing 15-17 units per quarter. It's tough, but not impossible at all. I'm not going to feel bad for people who don't have a job, yet can afford something that's $800.00.

Uh yea, i've worked at least 30 hours a week the last 3 years. What i meant by real paying job is jobs were you are making more than near minimum wage (retail, sales, service). And with that kind of budget, people would be inclined to look for more bang for buck type stuff when they want to indulge themselves.
 
Hey jamesbong, any particular reason, you change Westinghouse with Samsung

My friend wanted to buy xbox but insisted that he wants to westinghouse too...the westinghouse was a good lcd but the 4065f i think is a little better;) ...
 
- If you masked the cabinets of 5 different LCD tvs and displayed the same HD source material, I'd bet 99% of people would not know which is the expensive brand.

- LCD reliability is not a factor yet as they haven't been around long enough to know which brands are truly quality.

- Olevia is a new brand, not necessarily a cheap brand. Their 7-series is as high end internally and with inputs as any brand out there. Olevia's use scaling chips that are as good as it gets, and you can read on AVS forum how good reviews have been.

- As others have said, the Westy's have gotten great reviews. You can dispute that all you want, but everyone seems to love them. Based on user experiences in their own homes, I would buy one in a second.
 
Finally a new display, replacing my old 19" crt

Picture_025.jpg


Picture_028.jpg


Picture_030.jpg


Next to the LG is a samsung 1100DF. I really like both of them.
 
Well guys I got my 2007wfp today and thought I would take some pictures. I love my new desk. It has a place for everything! I put the consoles under those two top shelves and the notebook under the bottom shelf. Excuse the mess. My room is a disaster since I got the new lcd. I will repost when I get it cleaned up and hopefully have an xbox 360 elite. I had to put the old 90's receiver down low due to lack of space.
DSCN0370.jpg

Were did you get that desk?
 
Is this a fact? Do you have evidence to back this up?

Have to agree with you apple, im not disagreeing that Westings or Olevia are crap, but they realy dont compare to somthing like a Sony or a Samsung. You can defanitly tell in a 5 row line up witch lcd looks better, there not all going to be the same.
 
I agree With him too, but then i have to disagree from what I have seen people seem to like the westy's as a low end escape because they look good for what they are. But, If you put them next to a sharp, sony, samsung, pioneer. There is a huge difference so I guess either way you get what you pay for.
 
running OSX86? modified windows? or maybe just a mac in a normal tower?

Modified Windows XP. Running Stardock Objectdock Plus.
I got sick of Window's taskbar a long time ago. So having a fully customizable one has been really nice. It's hard to see in the pics but I also use objectdock "tabs" on the left side of the screen. That's where I categorize and hide shortcuts that otherwise might end up on my desktop. I also have the taskbar notification area set to slide out with a mouse over in the lower right hand corner of the screen.
 
I learned firsthand the risk of choosing an "off-brand" LCD. Two years ago, I bought a 40" LCD through Dish Network. It was called ULTRA. For a year it was quite good, but the picture has deteriorated severely since. Total POS and an expensive lesson. I'm looking to get a 65" laser DLP in the fall. I'll stick with Samsung or Sharp, this time.

Samsung > Westinghouse

Westinghouse isn't that great of a brand, good for the best bang for your buck maybe, but they're down there with olevia, vizio and a bunch of other nameless brands I've never heard of. I've heard of westinghouse before when they made crt tv's. Crap quality and dead within a year. I think the only brand worse than Westinghouse is housebrand or durabrand at Walmart.
 
Samsung > Westinghouse

Westinghouse isn't that great of a brand, good for the best bang for your buck maybe, but they're down there with olevia, vizio and a bunch of other nameless brands I've never heard of. I've heard of westinghouse before when they made crt tv's. Crap quality and dead within a year. I think the only brand worse than Westinghouse is housebrand or durabrand at Walmart.


Not to be a jerk but... is this really the appropriate thread to knock on monitor brands? There are quite a few people that have posted some very nice setups in this thread with the brand you're criticizing. I doubt they enjoy reading these comments about the monitors they've decided invest their hard earned cash on.
 
Not to be a jerk but... is this really the appropriate thread to knock on monitor brands? There are quite a few people that have posted some very nice setups in this thread with the brand you're criticizing. I doubt they enjoy reading these comments about the monitors they've decided invest their hard earned cash on.

I understand that there are some damn good setups with westinghouse displays in this thread, but someone a page back asked why someone else had replaced a westinghouse with a samsung lcd tv? There's no question there that Samsung > Westinghouse any day anytime, but the westinghouse displays aren't horrible given how much they cost.

I admitted I was exaggerating that westinghouse displays are down there with durabrand components they have at walmart. Just an attempt at humor, but the displays are a great value for what you're getting. However, the myth that needs to be dispeled is that "99% of lcd displays look the same to people". That's not true at all. Different strokes for different folks. Everyone has choices and a different income bracket, and I respect that, but everyone has the option to share their opinion on certain brands. This may not be the right venue, but no one here is saying they are horrible displays.

People seem to be merely commenting in favor of or in against off brand manufacturers. Both promote healthy discussion.

However, Westinghouse CRT tv's were piles of crap. I bought 2 some odd years ago, and 1 died on me within 1 year, the other lost sound shortly after. They produced some of the most unreliable tvs back then next to RCA. I don't doubt that some of their legacy is living on in that company today. Certain lineups of their LCD may be good for the price, but imho I'd be wary of what the price entails.
 
I admitted I was exaggerating that westinghouse displays are down there with durabrand components they have at walmart. Just an attempt at humor, but the displays are a great value for what you're getting.

However, Westinghouse CRT tv's were piles of crap. I bought 2 some odd years ago, and 1 died on me within 1 year, the other lost sound shortly after.

Well the joke was kinda stale, crappy sense of humor if I'd have to say :p

But yeah, westinghouse CRT tv's were pretty crappy IMO.
 
btw
how do you guys watch movie on one monitor

and play games on another monitor?

what option and settings in the nvidia panel?
 
Back
Top