• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Dude, that's a myth. Sitting close to a monitor will not deteriorate your eyesight. Viewing monitors and images in the dark does that :cool:

I sit 3-4 ft. away for 1080p, 2-3 ft. for 720p and below, 3-4 ft. for gaming, and about 2.5-3.5 for general Mac usage.
 
Enough variety on those monitors?

I wanted another samsung to match my Dell but they were going for $229 everywhere so I figured I would just get a 22" for the same price pretty much. If it were up to me, I would get 3 2007 FPWs but I don't have that kind of cash sitting around :p.
 
img2395largegc3.jpg


My setup *updated*
whats the size of the aquos?
 
The banding probably reflects the quality of the image displayed on the NEC and not the monitor itself. Sweet screen.
 
you could move those boxes to rest your leg more comfortable.

That's true, I could, but then I'd have to find somewhere else to put them. Still have two Samsung 960BF's in them, but yeah when you rent, space is limited. Have to take advantage of every sqrfoot of room you know :D
 
A couple updated pics. I thought my 2407 was obstructing my great view in my unfinished basement so I thought I should change my desktop pic. :-D That's a 1905 on the right w/the newer 1907 stand on it. I'm selling the 1905 next month and am looking to get the 1707 so it would match up better with my 2407.

IMG_1259.jpg


IMG_1261.jpg
 
Is that an alien mothership in the top right corner there?
No its some dials/switches in the cockpit.
lol its probably a part of the plane. There is the same thing on the left.
Correct!
Boring! I'm going with Jaanpunjab; the thing on the left could be an alien mothership too, y'know. :p
Nice setup EvilNando, by the way.
again no its some dials/switches in the cockpit.

But yeah nice looking monitors.
 
I challenge any of these magazines to do a blind test with their testers to see if they can distinguish high-end vs low end LCD tv's.
 
sry to burst your bubbles

but neither a mothership nor dials

but a handle to hold when sitting or standing from the cockpit

open.file

open.file


;)
 
I challenge any of these magazines to do a blind test with their testers to see if they can distinguish high-end vs low end LCD tv's.

It all depends on how well YOUR eye is trained. I have been through 6 lcd tv's in the last year and I can really tell the difference. In-store it is rather hard to destinguish, but at home, after watching the high end lcd (XBR2) and then going to a magnavox that I own, I can tell a major difference in color, crispness, and black-levels.

Most people will not see a difference unless they know what to look for. Look at the black-levels, color gamut (most lcd tvs only produce 72% ntsc color while highend lcd tvs do 94% which makes a big difference), and overall detail of the picture.
 
sry to burst your bubbles

but neither a mothership nor dials

but a handle to hold when sitting or standing from the cockpit

open.file

open.file


;)

your setup is really nice ... but good lord, those have to be the worst url's I've ever seen lol. They have so much shit in them, I don't even know :p
 




Got tired of having all the black bar crap with my 4:3 dell but didn't want to spend a huge amount to gain wide screen capability so just spent under 250 for this Syncmaster 906bw
 
Back
Top