Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

It's not much but it works:

desk-work01.jpg

taken with 1.3mp of awesome ;)

NOS rocks. :)

I don't buy into all the brand name hype. I have a sony HDTV too but I love my westy, thinking about getting rid of the sony, granted it's 1080i CRT. But the Sony is also the only TV that has given me problems within the first month I bought it. Sure you might see a 10% improvement over the westy had I gone with a differnet brand (although I probably could not tell unless Looking for particular things) But I'd rather have 2 37" westys than 1 that have a cooler name brand on them. Hell Westys were $800 and you can have TWO of them for $1600, or you can go down to frys and buy a 37" 1080p Samsung for well over 2 grand. The decision was easy!

Hope this makes sense. I don't mind reading westy bashing comments either, the majority of people that bash them don't own them. And of course yoru not getting the best 37" on the market for lress than a 1/3rd of what the high end units cost. But it's still damn good. I have other hobbies that need some attention as well.

On that note, one of my Westys has a dead pixel, and gets brighter from left to ride side of the screen. But I'm not even about to return it and pay $500 more someplace else for a new westy, let alone spend $1000 more for a different brand. Hell I don't even think it's worth it to Hassle with an RMA.

whats your system spec?

playing CS:S at that resolution must be pretty demanding

Do you find your computer noisy with no side panel attached to your case? Or are the sounds of setupawesomeness too deafening?

whats your system spec?

playing CS:S at that resolution must be pretty demanding

Windows Vista
X6300 on a P5W DH Deluxe running @ 2.5ghz
2GB Kingston HyperX Memory 4-4-4-12 with a bit of tweaking
Running 2x150GB raptors in Raid 0
XFX GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB DDR3 XXX Version

Depending on the server and how many players my FPS ranges from 90 - 190. It runs very smooth at the highest resolution and it looks AMAZING! Actually improved my game a bit:) If you look at the hi-res version of the picture you can see my FPS is 127
With your setup you should be able to play CS:S just fine.

Do you find your computer noisy with no side panel attached to your case? Or are the sounds of setupawesomeness too deafening?

First, that was funny...haha, the sound of setupawesomeness:p.
Second its not very noisy at all actually. I have 3 120 fans running and the fan on my 8800 running and its very quiet actually. I leave the side off cause I mess around with it a lot and found that taking the side on and off was just annoying:)

Very hip, K427!

Do you live in Vegas? The building looks similar to a condo complex I know of out in Sin City.

just got my new 19" WS Acer :)

A little cramped till I get a new desk :(

IMG_0790.jpg

edit:Fixed :D
IMG_0795.jpg

Don't you think you are a bit too close to the opposite balcony? Imagine if there is a woman on that side is stripping.

By the way, is Theron sitting on the toilet seat?:D

yeah its a bit close but these are new and no one lives there yet (getting some plants or something soon)

its Scarlett Johanson on the toilet o_O

andrew, hopefully itll be here tomorrow or latest Wednesday.

This is what I am looking at (except I run Vista now, and my Primary monitor is on the left):

dualmonitor.jpg

I rather like 2560X1024X32bit, plus Supreme Commander is pretty cool with dual monitors.

It's my own tuned up moped. It's the only way to get around london easily.

That's cool I figured it had to be something you worked over or tweaked to be on your desktop as wallpaper. :D lemme guess.. NOS and a super-charger! :eek:

hey tonyh21 where did u get that desk from, i really like it :). also, is that a 20inch or 30inch dell screen. either way u have a really nice looking setup, congrats.

Back