Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

I had one for a couple of days before I sent it back for a refund. Had a flickering backlight which made things easier but it also ghosted terribly (was a cheaper 16ms 19" model).

cfull said:
That's not even the half of it. All these guys are toys. I have about 6 times that many still packed away in the closet with all of my Macross stuff for lack of display shelves. And this isn't even counting the model kits. Yes, im a dork lol

Ahhh, smackings of the 40 year old virgin.

Decided to move my center monitor up to a 2405 and I shrunk my email/work box down to SFF unit.

2405-2.jpg

2405-3.jpg

The plasma and my 2405 are both connected to my pc (under my desk).

All work was done myself (built desk, installed floor, granite around fireplace, built pc, etc.) :D

Just got done a few weeks ago. :cool:

I also have a gyration system that sits on my coffee table (not in pic) that is directly in front of plasma.

Rear speakers cables/subwoofer cables were routed under flooring/behind molding.

I snapped this pic before my center channel speaker was mounted.

Villas9.JPG

wotblake said:

All work was done myself (built desk, installed floor, granite around fireplace, built pc, etc.) :D

I also have a gyration system that sits on my coffee table (not in pic) that is directly in front of plasma.

Rear speakers cables/subwoofer cables were routed under flooring/behind molding.

Villas9.JPG

WOAH awesome setup there wotblake

wotblake said:

That's really cool and all but if one of those cables happens to go bad, aren't you going to have to pull up the floor and moldings to replace them? :confused:

wotblake said:

I've seen this before somewhere....CF? :p

How are they gonna break if they are hidden?? unless hes careless and breaks the ends of it but its usually repairable....
it would be years and a really rare case if cables like that went bad especially being that its indoors, they will last a long time

I have me some nice cable managment and home improvement skills like this guy ;)
nice work

ratbird said:
How are they gonna break if they are hidden?? unless hes careless and breaks the ends of it but its usually repairable....
it would be years and a really rare case if cables like that went bad especially being that its indoors, they will last a long time

I have me some nice cable managment and home improvement skills like this guy ;)
nice work
Shit does happen, man. I don't know. It looks really cool, just don't know if I could deal with having the cables run under the floor (because of the possibility of having to pull up and redo that floor). To each his own, though. Good job.

Before my new LCD:
main.png

A 15" CRT.

Now:
100_0164.jpg

100_0165.jpg

Acer AL2016W 20.1" of pure entertainment :D

PS: The kid on the wallpaper is my godson. Let's just say i got lucky while taking the photo :D

Even if something did happen (which is very unlikely), he can always get some new wire and run it the way you guys seem to think he should - above ground - and just forget about the broken wire under his floor. No biggie :)

Not sure I like the light blue wall paint but overall nice setup ampedxc27 :cool:

wotblake said:

http://www.blakejoslyn.com/images/customdesk/Villas9.JPG

I am liking the fire place, and the nice clean look - but i think you could do better with a diff color of blue - install some nice ceiling halogens - i know it is a small area and people say dont use dark" makes it look smaller but maybe a consider a darker blue or a deep rich redish color even - give it a nice classy look and it would make those floors like incredible!

MrGuvernment said:
I am liking the fire place, and the nice clean look - but i think you could do better with a diff color of blue - install some nice ceiling halogens - i know it is a small area and people say dont use dark" makes it look smaller but maybe a consider a darker blue or a deep rich redish color even - give it a nice classy look and it would make those floors like incredible!

There is no way to install lights in the ceiling. There is no crawl space (ceiling goes up to 20ft high). Also, the walls are darker then they look (the flash makes them look pretty light). It looks much better in person under my normal lighting.

I didn't skimp on the cables. If they go bad, I'll just pop off the moulding and run them under it. The floor was just easy to do when I was doing the install.

I had wires laying on my floor for a long time, I'm not dealing with that anymore. I like my nice clean install.

Just out a view is my kegerator (draft amberbock) I'll have to post a pic of that.

:D

Sun_Tze said:
Ah, ah. Same thing happens with me. My LCD seems huge when i use the one at work (17" Samtron)

lol. Try going from a 14" visible curved (We call it buble-o-vision) CRT at work to a 30" Dell at home! Luckily I left that work now otherwise I was very close to taking in a 17"LCD in because at least it would be sharp so that I could avoid some eyestrain!

Hi guys,

Heres a pic of my setup, not fancy at all just my pride and joy. Sorry about the bad picture quality.

desktop1wr.jpg

image0021km.jpg

image0038id.jpg

image0056tq.jpg

I thought there was a rule that if you had KaZaA on your PC, you couldn't possibly be [H]ard.
And I won't ask why you need to use a Voice Changer program.

Ritterz said:
Hi guys,

Heres a pic of my setup, not fancy at all just my pride and joy. Sorry about the bad picture quality.

My gosh that program still exists? And you have a shortcut to IE and other games?
:p

Dam, these are bad quality pictures, it makes it look like my Moniter is small. Kazaa I only use to ownload music, I used to use WnmX but that got shut down.

I use the voice changer sometimes in the computer ganes, 'There' so it sounds funny as hell ( As you can talk on the mic ).

Ritterz said:
Dam, these are bad quality pictures, it makes it look like my Moniter is small. Kazaa I only use to ownload music, I used to use WnmX but that got shut down.

I use the voice changer sometimes in the computer ganes, 'There' so it sounds funny as hell ( As you can talk on the mic ).

so u just admitted u illegally downloaded music? nice....... lets just hope the RIAA doesn't browse these forums

Xeero said:
so u just admitted u illegally downloaded music? nice....... lets just hope the RIAA doesn't browse these forums

I illegally download music everyday! Uh huh! Yeah, all the time! RIAA? Pff! They can't touch me ;) eheh

And since he's from the UK I'm guessing they can't touch him either. Oh yeah!

Back