Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

qbackin said:

Seriously. The graphics were terriffic, I'm not hating on the effects and all that jazz. The acting was definitely sub-par. Dakota Fanning is not only a bad actor, but she's absolutely annoying throughout the film. The ending was a slap in the face to the audience. Overall it was very sub-par.

Z(+)DIAC said:
Seriously. The graphics were terriffic, I'm not hating on the effects and all that jazz. The acting was definitely sub-par. Dakota Fanning is not only a bad actor, but she's absolutely annoying throughout the film. The ending was a slap in the face to the audience. Overall it was very sub-par.

If they changed the ending, they'd be even further from the book, and would open up a whole new can of e-flames.

Z(+)DIAC said:

You need to read the book before you make stupid comments about the ending.

Pinipig523 said:
You need to read the book before you make stupid comments about the ending.

I have read the book, I have seen the original movie. I figured with all the money being put into special effects and actor's slaries, I figured Spielberg would spoof up the ending a bit, or change it entirely. I'm up for constructive criticism, but there is no need to use such hostile language.

mdameron said:
If they changed the ending, they'd be even further from the book, and would open up a whole new can of e-flames.

How so? Who says they need to stay true to the book? Lots of movies adapted from books change things all the times, and in some instances the endings. I mean they decided to have the tripods resting underground, instead of falling from the sky. The aliens aren't necessarily true to the original as well.

One man's opinion folks...that is all.

I thought War of the Worlds was excellent. After a introductory fill in...BAM....the action begins, and the dread, the...futile efforts of the humans....never let up till the end...you get a sense of being on the losing end of a big war, one you know you are not going to be able to win....

And Dakota Fanning is a great actress. Tom Cruise, while some of his latest sci-fi-religion exploits have been rather err....odd....he played a good role IMO.

Indolentron said:
And also, is the camera catching ghosting, or doing that itself?

It is called not being steady, room too dark for the camera settings...I am learning this thing, with the f-stop settings, ISO speed, shutter speed, light levels, it's a lot to learn....

Crimson Tear said:
Is that a gyro mouse? If so, how's it handle? I've been curious about these for a while.

Yes that is the Gyration brand mouse. Pretty cool, you can use it in midair by holding a small button, it tracks wonderfully. No surface needed at all. Some people might think you look odd moving a mouse around in mid air, but hey! It's prety neat. I actually got it when I was mega hurt and confined to a hospital bed and wheelchair. It was easy to use with one hand, I could just lay there and do my browsing....

Thank you, Santa Claws.

VX922.JPG

And yes, I need new speakers.

board2death986 said:
nice . .the vx922?? i got my second vx724 for christmas. . bwuahahaha
<...>
viewsonic ROCKS

Nice to see something other than the dual-Dell's here :) I'll post my vx924 set-up soon.

Hi all from Turkey;

below u see my desktop with jerker desk.
My 20" Philips does f&#305;ne but I hope to have one of those Dell 24". Guess I'll wait for dell to use the xblack or similar tech.

Onur

kelim said:
Thank you, Santa Claws.

http://kelim.elpenguino.net/realpics/VX922.JPG[/mg]

And yes, I need new speakers.[/QUOTE]

I got almost the exact same monitor except mine is the VX924

Z(+)DIAC said:
How so? Who says they need to stay true to the book? Lots of movies adapted from books change things all the times, and in some instances the endings. I mean they decided to have the tripods resting underground, instead of falling from the sky. The aliens aren't necessarily true to the original as well.

One man's opinion folks...that is all.

Viruses/Bacteria = OWNED aliens.

kelim said:
Yeah, what keyboard is that? It looks awesome. :D

Hi,
as I wrote, the brand of the keyboard is Pleomax by Samsung Co. I bought it from one of a techno market chain in Turkey named "Teknosa". But you may find it on the net. Guess most of you are from US so Teknosa doesn't mean you anything :)

Well, I also like the keyboard, just bought it and beside good looking of it the 2 usb ports on the keyboard are really usefull. :cool:

Awesome hAppy!!!

Now... you could've joined Team 2405, but you chose to join the other team..... I see how it is.

*Turns back on you*.

J/K!

Looks good :cool:
I have that same monitor and I love it.

Only observation is that white wire to the right on the first pic. Maybe you could try to hide it by working it so that it goes up the corner of the wall and then between the bricks on the other wall :confused:

haha that bundle of wires are the power to the router and modem as well as an ethernet cable. I can't place my speakers behind me, it seemed like a brilliant idea at first, but I couldn't use it to it's full potential.

ericlikeseatin said:
why not place the rear speakers behind you? im guessing you dont have enough space. :confused:

Yeah that makes me laugh every time I see it on pics.Or the old chestnut where they have speakers on all 4 corners of the table not having the rear speakers behind them
:confused:

Do ppl not get the simple concept of 'surround' sound?

People get it, but don't like either the silly speaker stand behind their chair or don't want a ratsnest of wires all over the place.

Is that so hard for some of ya'll to understand?

Tigerblade said:
Do ppl not get the simple concept of 'surround' sound?

The context of that quote is insulting to a few, I'm sure.

Not everyone has room for a surround setup, but still want the setup. There's many factours that attribute to not putting the speakers in a surround setup, and you shouldn't be so harsh.

You like that keyboard? I'm not sure if I want to get that one or the Saitek Eclipse board.

Plus I'm not sure if I really need an LCD.

Back