Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Z(+)DIAC said:
You like that keyboard? I'm not sure if I want to get that one or the Saitek Eclipse board.

Plus I'm not sure if I really need an LCD.

I was going to buy the Eclipse until I saw the G15 in Best Buy. It was too expensive, IMO, but after seeing it, I bought it. I don't use the LCD screen at all because it doesn't fit in my tray, but it's a beautiful keyboard and the G keys own. Worth the money, really.

My computer is in a open room in the house, not in my bedroom. A speaker stand is not the most convenient thing to have sticking in the middle of the room. And I still have the option of using my surround sound if I wanted to, it could go both ways, I don't need surround sound 24/7 relax a bit. But if it bothers THAT much, how bout I'll remove them and take another picture?

Z(+)DIAC said:
You like that keyboard? I'm not sure if I want to get that one or the Saitek Eclipse board.

Plus I'm not sure if I really need an LCD.
I love it! :D I've been playing around with LCD Studio making my own designs for the screen and have come up with some cool stuff :) .

I use it for winamp, ventrillo, teamspeak, azureus, fraps, and more!! I cant wait till more games/programs add support for the keyboard.

dsc02918edit1ig.jpg

Haha...I think the CRT is so heavy, the stand is bending.

Didn't know about LCDStudio working with the G15, thanks for that tip.

DanMattia said:
Not everyone has room for a surround setup, but still want the setup. There's many factours that attribute to not putting the speakers in a surround setup, and you shouldn't be so harsh.

Simple answer, if you don't have the room then get a 2.1 setup and save money. It will sound screwed up with some of these configurations I've seen.

I just don't get why ppl do it, if you can't place the speakers correctly then why get 5.1?....there is no excuse, not with some of the quality of 2.1 setups available.

Yeah, some people get home theater surround sets and put all speakers on top of the TV !!!

Bastek said:
Yeah, some people get home theater surround sets and put all speakers on top of the TV !!!

and some put two speakers by their TV, two in their kitchen and one in their office.

I hate it when people dont understand the concept behind 'surround' sound

i agree with all of these answers, i laugh at this crap all the time.
what gets me more is when people only listen to music and still get a 5.1 for thier comp...

oh snap that's why I didn't get the effect...shit

let me go out back to the woods, my rear speakers are out near the river

Apparently model Beverly Peele also like large screen 23" LCD too. This model stole credit card no. and mail order computer + 23" LCD, mail back to her own home. Go to cnn.com, on the right, there is a WATCH link, it's a video,"• Watch: Supermodel's latest photo shoot for her mug shot"

And you can see, she order some very nice computer and 23" LCD for her komputer.

I posted not too long ago here, my old setup. Just finished setting up the new and wayyy improved version. Here goes.

1.jpg

Shot from far end of my bedroom

2.jpg

Shot of my futon and bed. Bad picture, stupid little orb things.

3.jpg

Closer to the PC desk.

4.jpg

Dual BenQ FP931 19" LCD and a few toys. My sidekick, and girlfriend's Razr. Keyboard is a Logitech G15, mouse is a Logitech G7, and speakers are X-530. Yes, I got the background from someone else on here.

5.jpg

New Dell Inspiron 9300. 17" widescreen and it's absolutely amazing. Also, blue iPod mini and 160gb WD External hard drive.

6.jpg

Dell 720 printer (freebie) and some jackets. And the sleeve of my Best Buy shirt :).

7.jpg

Dark shot of the monitors showing their brightness.

8.jpg

Dark shot of the 9300, also very bright. Also 2 blue LEDs, 1 from my iPod dock, and one from external hard drive.

I'm really happy with the way this turned out. Not your average 18 year old's room. Well, tell me what you think. :)

(thumbnails clickable)

home desktop

home server

home htpc

work area

work monitors

work bench (20x laptops being ghosted concurrently)

blowjustinup said:
I posted not too long ago here, my old setup. Just finished setting up the new and wayyy improved version. Here goes.

1.jpg

Shot from far end of my bedroom

I'm really happy with the way this turned out. Not your average 18 year old's room. Well, tell me what you think. :)

Hey, how do you like that desk? if im not mistaken, its one of the O'Sullovin diplomats, i have been looking for a new desk to get probly sometime this spring/summer and was already considering that one. Thanks​

Hobbit89 said:
Hey, how do you like that desk? if im not mistaken, its one of the O'Sullovin diplomats, i have been looking for a new desk to get probly sometime this spring/summer and was already considering that one. Thanks

Yup, it's an O'Sullovan.

The desk is great. only having a few flaws. A mousepad is a must, if none is used you'll start to wear away the dark finish on top and get spots. Coasters are also a must. If you let this desk get wet, it swells. I've got a couple bubbley rings on mine :rolleyes:, but no big deal, the desk is still great. Especially for 89.99 at OfficeMax 2 years ago. :D

BuudWeizErr said:
(thumbnails clickable)

home desktop

The phone you have on your desk, is that a Blackberry 8700c? If so how do you like it? I am thinking about getting one for work (Manager of the NOC for Cingular, so I would get it free, but I don't know how much better it is than my 7290).

cc2096 said:
The phone you have on your desk, is that a Blackberry 8700c? If so how do you like it? I am thinking about getting one for work (Manager of the NOC for Cingular, so I would get it free, but I don't know how much better it is than my 7290).

yes it is; and i LOVE it.

i wouldn't go back to my 7100.

BuudWeizErr said:
(thumbnails clickable)
work bench (20x laptops being ghosted concurrently)
Sorry quick off topic question, but i always hear about ghosting desktops and laptops but i never know what that means. So what is ghosting?

locutus24 said:
Sorry quick off topic question, but i always hear about ghosting desktops and laptops but i never know what that means. So what is ghosting?
when you copy an exact image of a hard drive to another hard drive. its convenient for distribution of many computers.

TSS Modder said:
when you copy an exact image of a hard drive to another hard drive. its convenient for distribution of many computers.

yup.

beats installing the same shit over and over and over....

hehe, got a spare bedroom! but only if your a blonde , hot , and single, Oh and female :d

it looked alot nicer when i had my gaming rig, and my dell 20.1 widescreen.

LOL you got seats facing the windows. Who needs a TV? ;)

BTW, what camera did you take those pics with... looks awesome!

wow, that is the nicest apartment ive ever seen on these forums. whats rent like over there? here in nyc, that sort of apartment would cost millions.

Wow, that is a very nice apartment....how much does it run you? Man....that is very nice!
By the way: 10th grade dropout? Whatdo you do for a living? Just curious...let us in on your secret!!! :D

thanks all.

i am paying $1200 a month rent for the House... 3300sq ft - house is about 2400sq - selling price for the house is $265k US. in a great area, i was considering buying, but got to save

Prices in costa rica right now for land is cheap, and prices go up fast! so it is awsome to invest down here - y ou can buy some ncie land abot $50k and build a house better then the one i am in for another $100k easy. Real Estate is booming down here right now, so things are cheap, but can be expensive in some areas but still a HELL a lot cheaper then most places in north america for equivalent space.

My secret was to learn, mess around, and had a sister who was in a good job that got me more or less into computers when i was 17 (26 now) and from there just absorbed all i could! then got this job as Head of Support now / operations for an online poker company - been with them for 5 years, they hired me on the spot, one week later i moved to Antigua in the Caribbean to set up offices, after 2 years we moved our operation to Costa Rica and 3 years later still here.

So if you drop out, make sure you have a good learning curve and the ability to learn
things fast.

Oh, Camera - Canon 20D, on a tripod, iso 100 , shutter was 5 seconds i think for that one.

Back