Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

magnetik said:
damn that's [H]ard~ pictures of all your computers on the wall! :) nice setup. very very clean. where'd u get the SGI case?

I got it off ebay, from someone who sells sgi and unix bits. I'm UK based tho :)

gordy_hand said:
I got it off ebay, from someone who sells sgi and unix bits. I'm UK based tho :)

Gordy, where did you get your shuttle case mod? I've got the same shuttle, and would really like a lid with a grill like that in the side.

Is it the PF16??

Samsung 213T, Shuttle SB61G2

IMG_1822.jpg

JonDo[H] said:
Gordy, where did you get your shuttle case mod? I've got the same shuttle, and would really like a lid with a grill like that in the side.

Is it the PF16??

Its the official shuttle mesh cover, I think its the pf16 yeah. I'm in the UK and got it from dabs.com :)

gordy_hand said:
Its the official shuttle mesh cover, I think its the pf16 yeah. I'm in the UK and got it from dabs.com :)

Did you get the LED at the same time? :)

Its a dual 4in cold cathode kit which I rewired to make it look neater. Its currently mounted at the front of the mesh which I'm not happy with as it does light up the whole mesh so I'm going to move it soon.

I got the cathode from ebuyer.co.uk as they are very cheap for cathodes under £5 for a dual 4in

Cheers!

I see ebuyer sell the case mod too, so looks like an all-in-one solution. Appreciate it, bud :)

Not sure if I've posted mine yet.... :p If not, here goes:-

My new Dell 2405FPW dwarfing my Shuttle PC, with Samsung 172v getting little to no attention (and no, don't ask about the wallpaper and elephant curtains! ;))

setup.jpg

My set up.. enjoy. Dual 2001Fp, looking into dual 24s soon. :)

but I may skip and go for Dual Amd set up instead.

dual.jpg

setup1.jpg

side_view.jpg

:)

its a z line series desk.

Just 2 legs.. clean glass. simple.. neat, got at staples last year. dunno if they still have that model. being replaced with a champagne one. yuk !~

41605b9kt.jpg

41605c7tq.jpg

I decided to also mod my desk. Pretty simple. All you have to do is get 2 CCFL sticks, velcro them to the back of your desk and extend the wires!

My modded tower is underneith the desk and is not in the pic. And my SFF lights blue too! :p

beefy6969 said:
I decided to also mod my desk. Pretty simple. All you have to do is get 2 CCFL sticks, velcro them to the back of your desk and extend the wires!

Not to be insulting, but that's what I did to my desk too, but just because CCFL's are stuck in them, in my opinion, doesn't classify it as modded.

Well I can't really compete with SailorMoon, but here's my new setup. Turned 21 last month and my Dad got me a 2001fp :D I've got the PC connected with DVI and my Digital TV tuner and Gamecube connected through the composite. The picture is amazingly sharp, it puts my old 17" CRT to shame when they're side by side.

TFT.JPG

nice workstation you have there, i bet that sound system sounds great, and i love the sheep wallpaper :)

Rash said:
office.jpg

The NIGHTFOXs Setup :D
Main Rig:
Shuttle 8100P, Pentium 4 3.6EE, ATI Radeon x850xtpci express 256 meg, 2 gig ddr400, 250 gig hard drive, Built in Card Reader, Audigy 2 ZS, Shuttle 54g wireless, 16x dual layer dvd writer, Sony 19" XBlack Monitor, 17" dell Monitor on secondary Display, Sony Wireless Mouse & Keyboard, Belkin USB 2.2 Hub, Logitech quickcam alien eye, Sony Cybershot 5.1 Mpeg movie for tv Camera, HP 4700 Pocket Pc, Logitech Cordless Rumble pad 2, Yamaha natural sound AV Receiver RX-V350 DTS + THX, Yamaha CDx E400 Compact Disc Player RX-E400, 7.1 Surround Audio.

Second Rig:
Asus Pundit, Pentium 4 2.8gz, 2 Gig ddr400, 250 gig hard drive, Belkin 125G Wireless Card, 16x Dual Layer DVD Writer, Logitech DiNivo Cordless Keyboard & Mouse, 19" LG Flatron L1920P, 15" Flat Panel TFT on Secondary Display.

Laptop:
Sony Vaio S2XP, 13.3" XBlack Screen, 1 Gig DDR400, 80 Gig Hard Drive, Radeon 9700pro 64Meg, Sony Docking Station, Wireless 54g.

Other Bits:
4meg Broadband linked to Belkin 125g Wireless Router, HP 2610 all-in-one Wireless 54g printer/scanner/copier/fax.

you have different brands of lcd, which do you think has the best image quality?

My LCD screen is bigger than all of yours. I guarentee it :D

Its from a home built lumenlab LCD projector, projecting on about 12' of wall space. This is a painted brick wall, so the lines arent very sharp, but I can get screen door if I put up a piece of copier paper there.

For a size reference, that is my 2001fp there in the corner and 4 of the HTD level 3 speakers ( I have the whole 5.1 set) sitting on top of the table that I picked off ebay for cheap ($300 shipped cheap :D)

PICT0229 (Medium).JPG

PICT0228 (Medium).JPG

PICT0227 (Medium).JPG

killernoodle: that's a negative, i've used my viewsonic pj551 to produce an image 20 feet wide and still be very clear. and let me tell you, kill bill is bad ass on that. so mine's bigger than your's

andré2005 said:
you have different brands of lcd, which do you think has the best image quality?
you know, you really really didnt have to quote those big pics. you seriously didnt have to... :rolleyes:

(yes, ladies and gents, i will keep control of myself this time :p )

Is the lumenlab instruction set the same as the guide on Tom's Hardware? Yours seems to have more clarity than screenshots I've seen of the people that have made projectors using the Tom's Hardware guide. I so want to build one of these, I just don't have the space in my tiny apartment :(. One day...

peacetilence said:
Is the lumenlab instruction set the same as the guide on Tom's Hardware? Yours seems to have more clarity than screenshots I've seen of the people that have made projectors using the Tom's Hardware guide. I so want to build one of these, I just don't have the space in my tiny apartment :(. One day...
lumenlab's design is made by literally starting from scratch and building the projector ground-up. all that tomshardware did was stick an LCD overtop of an overhead projector. the quality of the lumenlabs is far far far more superior to the toms projector.

lumem's projectors will actually probably take up less space than a toms hardware projector, its just that you first need the space to build the projector. after its built, though, it should take up much less room than the overhead projector. itll look much better, too.

Yeah, you hit the nail right on the head. The lumenlab design is FAR superior to the toms guide. Plus it is brighter and the lamps last longer. Also, you dont get the problems with light pollution in the room as you would with a overhead projector.

Back