Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Hi boneca

The A.S. Speakers soundbar are very good, I have use it with iTunes, Windows media player and DVD movies. The sound quality is good, it has four speakers built in and it is easy to install. They are two wirers; one wirer put in the Dell monitor to get power and second wirer is for sound (green connector) put in the computer.
The A.S. Speakers has two audio headphone connectors so you can listen to music on your own and The control bottun is the power/volume for on/off and turning the sound volume soft to loud.
Here is a closer look on the soundbar.
speakers.jpg

I hope this help you in your decisions.

mike8

ive heard the soundbar, its alittle better than the $10 generic beige 600w speakers.

really compact though, I'd imagine its great for windows sounds

Hope this works: Sharp LC-37G4U LCD HDTV. I have a Shuttle SN45G hidden behind it but I'm thinking about replacing it with a Mac mini. That would only be slightly larger than the audio control of my Klipsch 5.1 Ultra speakers.

Wow thats collosal - big frame though. Nice digital camera too...

I have totally changed the upper part of my desk so I could replace my pic......

JGene said:
Hope this works: Sharp LC-37G4U LCD HDTV. I have a Shuttle SN45G hidden behind it but I'm thinking about replacing it with a Mac mini. That would only be slightly larger than the audio control of my Klipsch 5.1 Ultra speakers.

Do you actually sit close to that?

I hope you don't go blind. lol

Damn, you think if you could drop a few grand on that LCD you could definitely get a much larger and nicer desk then that...

Z(+)DIAC said:
Damn, you think if you could drop a few grand on that LCD you could definitely get a much larger and nicer desk then that...

maybe thats why he has that desk. no money after dropping a few grand on that LCD :D

Love this thread...here's my setup:

I'm hoping to replace my 2000fp with the upcoming 2405fpw.

No, I actually sit about 3-4 feet away from it most of the time. It totally changed how I used my computer. I don't sit in front of my machine and type away, now I lay back in an office chair and put my feet up on the keyboard tray :D

About the desk: I think I got it from Staples back in 1994...I've had that thing for about ten years. I'll replace it eventually but it does its job just fine at the moment. :)

stark16 said:
Love this thread...here's my setup:

I'm hoping to replace my 2000fp with the upcoming 2405fpw.

Nice setup but surely the positioning of your klipsch speakers is messed for surround sound?!?!

GamezUK said:
Nice setup but surely the positioning of your klipsch speakers is messed for surround sound?!?!

Well, I went off of Dolby's Corner Room setup. The angle of the picture I took is a little misleading and the desk itself is deep enough to allow me to slide in real close.. While seated the surrounds actually line up just behind my head. It's not ideal,but the left end of my desk is about 8" from the door to the room, which limits my options. If anything, my fronts and center are a little too close.

im a comparison shopping whore so its great to be able to have 2 full size web browser pages open at once on the 2005FPW ;) also <3 those HD555s off to the right there >_<

anyone have recommendations on some corner desks??? prefer less than 500 :|

m0nty said:
anyone have recommendations on some corner desks??? prefer less than 500 :|

I had this desk for few years a while back. I would've held onto it for longer, but I moved alot when I had it. Breaking it down and putting it back together 4-5 times wore on it. It was a great desk...dusting was a pain though :D

wjchan said:
Multiple video cards and use Ultramon to manage the desktop.

I want to re-visit this subject:

1) For PC w/ PCI Express slot, there is no way you can have the same speed w/ multiple video card? As there is only 1 PCI Express slot.

2) Say we need 4 video cards, how is it possible to resolve the IRQ conflict when these 4 cards are being set up?

3) Is UltraMon any good?

JGene said:

What is your res. on the Sharp? Isn't it blur at that 37"?

Sir-Fragalot said:
I have that same desk and same computer case.

I f-in love this case...sooo much space...so much you can do! Ithere are a couple downsides of it...Uts noot all aluminum...its heavy as a mofo! Its also not as easy to put drives in and out as my big antec cases are. The antec you could simply yank the panel, unplug the drive and pull. The coolermaster you need to take both sides off and still take out some screws (if you secur the drives with screws). Alson, I would of liked the front panel to of had a flip cover for the usb, sound output, and 1394 plugs.

This is what I had only weeks ago (these are 2 pic I put together to make one since I couldnt get back far enough to get it all in the shot!)...
system.jpg

And again this is yesterday...
11cp1.jpg

Did You put the casters on and put it on the floor? I was afraid I would kick it too much!

Here's my humble Iiyama E431S straight from the UK

mysetup.jpg

If anyone could suggest any methods to tidy up my cables I'd be very happy :)

firewiz said:
I f-in love this case...sooo much space...so much you can do! Ithere are a couple downsides of it...Uts noot all aluminum...its heavy as a mofo! Its also not as easy to put drives in and out as my big antec cases are. The antec you could simply yank the panel, unplug the drive and pull. The coolermaster you need to take both sides off and still take out some screws (if you secur the drives with screws). Alson, I would of liked the front panel to of had a flip cover for the usb, sound output, and 1394 plugs.

This is what I had only weeks ago (these are 2 pic I put together to make one since I couldnt get back far enough to get it all in the shot!)...
system.jpg

11cp1.jpg

Did You put the casters on and put it on the floor? I was afraid I would kick it too much!
Id put it on the floor....it certainly will help it run cooler,nice monitor btw...i have one

firewiz said:

system.jpg

11cp1.jpg

Mines just got the feet. I don't like putting my machines on the floor. They pull in too much dust. With all my fans that's enough of a problem as it is. I also had the same Plextor SATA drive until today when I switched it for a model with a black bezel.

Happy Hopping said:
What is your res. on the Sharp? Isn't it blur at that 37"?

I run at 1366x768. If there is any blur, it's probably because that photo was a 1/4-second exposure in a dimly-lit room (hence the orange tint). I tried using the flash but I got a huge glare strobe in the lower left corner of the monitor when I did that.

dualmonitor.jpg

dualies.jpg
DualDisplay.jpg

Here are some old and older setups of my dualies. I will try to get some newer ones up. :rolleyes:

Paul Bryan said:
Here's my humble Iiyama E431S straight from the UK

mysetup.jpg

If anyone could suggest any methods to tidy up my cables I'd be very happy :)

Is that a Keff subwoofer? 'cos if so, snap ;)

As for the cables, get some cable ties and tuck them behind things :D

Is lcd worth the cost of a descent monitor, my friend has a dell 17" but i dont know if the cost would be worth it :confused:

Excellent spec. I wonder whose OEM did Dell get it from?

12ms, 500 cd/m2, 1000:1 contrast ratio, but what is the dot pitch though?

If it is around 0.25mm, then the above price beats HP 23" by $520.

war_child said:
Excuse the wire job "that's the next task"

what wires? :D too many other sexy things to look at. :cool:

P.S. how do you like those speakers?? i want some good 5.1's and those are a pretty decent price.

Back