Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

locutus24 said:
Ohh i enjoy a good lcd, as for cost justification cant be done for me

That was what I used to think. I thought why would I get an LCD when I can get two good crt's for the same price? Its all a matter of opinion and what not. This is my first LCD after countless crts and I don't think I'll go back but thats just me.

danbanger said:
That was what I used to think. I thought why would I get an LCD when I can get two good crt's for the same price? Its all a matter of opinion and what not. This is my first LCD after countless crts and I don't think I'll go back but thats just me.

can you further explain your reasonings?

Is it because it's flat, crisper, brighter, and larger than your previous crt? Oh, and is widescreen? :p

danbanger said:

i told myself i would never spend 500 on a monitor, i ordered a 2005fpw, and now i ordered a 2045 fpw, ones you go widescreen it is hard to go back....just get one of these hook up a receiver and 5.1 to it and you'll be set for the next gen consoles in the same time with high def and digital sound...now i have to go thru the trouble of selling the 2005

OTL said:
Why aren't any of you people installing the hutch that comes with your Jerker desks? Does it not leave enough clearance for large monitors?
Man look at his pad, it would ruin the flow of the room. :D

Haloevo said:
ack! $2,200!? You rich sob. :( ;)

It was roughly $5000 actually. Then they lowered the price by 22%. They're about $4000 now where I live. I'm not rich, not anymore. ;)

IMG_5802.JPG

seems like we all have very similar gear.

YaH! I love this desk. The depth can fit a 21" CRT monitor a keyboard and your entire forearm. I just bought a 17"x11" mouse pad and its fits nicely on the right side of the desk.

fyi: here's where i bought it. officedepot

Martin64 said:
It was roughly $5000 actually. Then they lowered the price by 22%. They're about $4000 now where I live. I'm not rich, not anymore. ;)
oh. my. god.

That is increadible.

How big is it again? I thought that was the 30" Apple.... :eek:

Goat said:
New L90D+ :D

monitor%20005.jpg

Nice LCD monitor you got. Are you going to get ridd of the CRT monitor?
A touch of vacuum cleaning and remove the junk from your room or bedroom?

mike8

Here are a few pictures of my 172x's, Just recently upgraded my desktop, so i'm finally running them both on dvi makes them so much better.

M1.jpg

M2.JPG

M3.JPG

Now i just have to wait for the sli drivers to support 2 screens in sli mode because at the moment my second video card just sits in there looking pretty (unless i restart and turn off my other monitor, which i normally can't be bothered doing since everything goes pretty fast anyway)

Glen

wow, glen.... that is one extremely nice setup :D kudos on your cleanliness :cool:

i wish i had a setup like that...

Hi guys,

I'm new around here, and I just got my Dell 2405FPW on friday and I'm loving it :)
I'm getting the Logitech Z-5500 speakers very soon to replace my old altec lansing ones you see here. I'm going to mount the 2 front and 2 back speakers to the top corners of the walls so it will be more surround like.

pic3.jpg

pic1.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic5.jpg

-------------------------------------
Shuttle SB81P
P4 3.4Ghz @ 4Ghz
1024MB OCZ PC3200 EL Platinum Rev. 2
ATI X800 XT Platinum Edition
Maxtor 200GB
Sony 16X Dual layer DVD-R
Dell 2405FPW
Saitek P3000 Wireless Gamepad
Logitech MX Duo
Logitech MX Bluetooth
Epson 2200 Wide Format Printer

--------------------------------------
Apple Powerbook 17"
1.33Ghz Rev. 2
1024MB PC2700 DDR
Griffin iCurve
Apple Isight
Apple 4G 40GB Ipod Photo

dariuslatamus said:
Hi guys,

I'm new around here, and I just got my Dell 2405FPW on friday and I'm loving it :)
I'm getting the Logitech Z-5500 speakers very soon to replace my old altec lansing ones you see here. I'm going to mount the 2 front and 2 back speakers to the top corners of the walls so it will be more surround like.

I love it man, good creative job there

dariuslatamus,

that's THE coolest setup i've seen in here. lol....even matching wallpapers......genious.

I have a friend who sells office equipment and I picked up the top from his warehouse. The legs I got from ikea :) Cost me no more than $50 for the whole thing.

It's pretty big and wide actually: 35" x 72". I originally had a 22" Samsung 1200NF CRT and I needed a deep desk to put it on.

DariusL: Great setup! I like how your PC and Powerbook fit together so well in your system. I'm getting an Inspiron XPS2, soon. I'll see if I can match your creativity.

cant let u guys have all the fun..

4 monitors, 3 differnet rooms

main setup

dscn19938zv.jpg

moms room

dscn19956cn.jpg

my bedroom (using screen for dvd player)

dscn19961jq.jpg

replacing the main setup soon :p

dariuslatamus:

what is that extra silverish-looking adapter you seem to have coming out of the video port?? are you not using DVI or something .. ?

Maad said:
dariuslatamus:

what is that extra silverish-looking adapter you seem to have coming out of the video port?? are you not using DVI or something .. ?

Looks like a dvi to vga adapter , i would imagine the mac is hooked up via vga and the shuttle via dvi so he can switch between the two at the press of a button.

thisisglen said:
Here are a few pictures of my 172x's, Just recently upgraded my desktop, so i'm finally running them both on dvi makes them so much better.

M3.JPG

Now i just have to wait for the sli drivers to support 2 screens in sli mode because at the moment my second video card just sits in there looking pretty (unless i restart and turn off my other monitor, which i normally can't be bothered doing since everything goes pretty fast anyway)

Glen
Ooooh, that's a nice-looking keyboard. It looks quite usable and comfortable, so excuse me while I salivate ...

Any chance of details on that puppy? Is it a mac (wired?) keyboard or a "mac-alike" PC keyboard? :)

thisisglen said:

M3.JPG

Glen

that F1 sitting in the background, is that a model car you put together? If so, what scale is it? seems very big.

dariuslatamus said:
I have a friend who sells office equipment and I picked up the top from his warehouse. The legs I got from ikea :) Cost me no more than $50 for the whole thing.

It's pretty big and wide actually: 35" x 72". I originally had a 22" Samsung 1200NF CRT and I needed a deep desk to put it on.

hey, the figure w/ the sword sitting next to the Epson, is that a Five Star Stories Figure?

Happy Hopping said:
hey, the figure w/ the sword sitting next to the Epson, is that a Five Star Stories Figure?

That's Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII. Come on Happy, you collect FSS resins, you should be able to recognize FSS characters by now. :)

Back