Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

dsc0014zj.jpg

I'm jelly. :(

I want a fast connection like that so I can turn my basement into a mini colo. :p

No, not Google fiber.

Gbit means: 1 Gigabit per second. Meaning that with full connection speed you can download a Gigabyte of data in 8 seconds. :eek: But mostly you're limited to the uploading server.

No, not Google fiber.

Gbit means: 1 Gigabit per second. Meaning that with full connection speed you can download a Gigabyte of data in 8 seconds. :eek: But mostly you're limited to the uploading server.

Do you mind telling us what company you are going with? Or how much you are paying for it? Is it your companies? Or your personal house?

Lol tell us something...

Lol, it's an apartment on a university campus. I rent that apartment and included in the rent is a €15 line for internet; both wired and wireless. For both you need university credentials; for the wireless to log in and for the wired to register the MAC addresses. Since the wireless reception is very bad in this building (lot's of steel in the concrete I suppose; building only 6 years old) and because there is a 30 minute delay after you register a MAC address, a lot of people in the building put up their own wireless network. The latter is also much easier for guests coming over: no university credentials needed for the wireless, nor having to wait for MAC address registration.

The Wired network is provided via a single RJ-45 wall-mounted port.

To prevent abuse there is a limit on uploading to outside of the campus of 50 GB per week.

Other computers used in the on-campus apartments, rooms and houses are visible in windows explorer and many people provide huge shared folders. Multiple students from IT studies provide search engines that include the functionality to list items from computers that are turned off.
The above means that I have a huge library of 'on-demand' movies, series, documentaries and games. Since it's all Gbit, you can just double click a 1080P movie in the explorer and it will play perfectly fine.
Just one of the bigger shares has over 26 TB in it's shared folders: movies, series, software, games, music, etc. And all of it perfectly legal :D

Last edited:
Just one of the bigger shares has over 26 TB in it's shared folders: movies, series, software, games, music, etc. And all of it perfectly legal :D

lol, I don't see your logic in this. It is not legal just because it is coming from someone on your network.
So you don't have Gbit internet, just Gbit LAN.

lol, I don't see your logic in this. It is not legal just because it is coming from someone on your network.

I have to agree with this. You might want to double check what your university considers "legal." I know a few people that were kicked from school for sharing stuff over the network. This was back when Napster had just come out, but still, they were dismissed from school.

No, it's legal because it isn't shared "public". Keep in mind that I'm not in the US. Overhere we have a "tax" added to empty stuff like DVD's and now HDD, smartphones, etc; in return for that we get to pirate almost everything, legally :D. Untill recently you could easily evade that tax by importing from Germany; they didn't have such a high tax there.

Yes, I do have Gbit internet, I showed that with the speedtest.net picture. However, since so much can be downloaded local, there is not much "need" for Gbit internet. But downloading a 50 MB driver from Intel can be done in a second at night. :D Dropbox sync is also very rapidly.

I have to agree with this. You might want to double check what your university considers "legal." I know a few people that were kicked from school for sharing stuff over the network.

Yes, public uploading (like Torrents) to outside campus is strictly prohibited, but downloading is not.

This was back when Napster had just come out, but still, they were dismissed from school.

Different country, different rules (ridiculous ones in the case you mention).

Nice, I have the Dell U3011, would like to add the two Dell 2007Fp, but that setup can't be game on ? Do you game @ 4960 x 1600 ?

Most games only on the center 2560x1600. I'm not into racing games, so don't know about that (would be one of few games where it would be really usefull). Supreme commander with 2560x1600 primary and 1200x1600 secondary. I believe there are multiple topics around on [H] discussing PLP gaming.

Last edited:
Yes, I do have Gbit internet, I showed that with the speedtest.net picture.

381/129 != 1000/1000

Different country, different rules (ridiculous ones in the case you mention).

I don't find people being dismissed from college for stealing intellectual property to be "ridiculous." I guess I'm not that impressed by your wilful disregard for other people's intellectual property.

I posted my setup before, but i changed a few things around.

dang, i quite like this :D

the arms holding your tablet and phone on the side are cool. jelly beans are a nice touch ;)

how do you feel with your portrait monitors not aligning exactly with your centre monitor? it doesn't bother you? did you ever have the 2007FPW?

381/129 != 1000/1000

I don't find people being dismissed from college for stealing intellectual property to be "ridiculous." I guess I'm not that impressed by your wilful disregard for other people's intellectual property.

That Speedtest can't serve my Gbit connection doens't mean it isn't Gbit.

If you want to keep something for yourself, you shouldn't put it in public. It also not stealing: did these people take something? No...

Also see: http://mises.org/daily/3682

Thanks, and sorry I mistook you for the one who had his case painted at a Porsche automotive paint shop...

So if you park your car in public, and I take it, you're cool with it? Your logic is flawed I think.

No, then you take something from me. If you were to copy my orginal modded car; yeah, go ahead. If I wanted to keep my awesome car design for myself, I shouldn't have showed it.

Still true. lol They don't use special black magic voodoo. Same shit every other top shop uses (I know for a fact, I'm in the industry), they just give you the pleasure of paying through the ass for it. :p

He is referring to my case, and this shop does Concourse Paint for Porsche's. I have been to a few "top" shops and some don't use the best paint or the best techinques. In the end it all comes down to prep and what kind of booth they have, and the one I go to definately does.

8280524539_e9dcbcff03.jpg
[/url]
photo (12) by CoolHandsM3, on Flickr[/img]

M3 could you PM me a build log to your case? I'm doing a mod with that sort of paint - and thinking of going tri-monitor on it.:D

here"s my desk,those two bad boys are a dell u2311h in landscape and dell u2412m in portrait, i find a portrait monitor very usefull for reading and coding, if you are a programmer it"s a must have. I prefer u2412m in portrait because u2311 is too narrow.

Back