Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Mind me asking what monitor arms those are and where you got them by chance?

Those monotor arms look like the mcd-t13 desktop bracket mount from monoprice.com. I picked two of them up as well about 2 weeks ago from monoprice. Think they were on speical for about $18 a piece.

My setup... U2711 + 2x 2209WA

IMG_0355.jpg

Wow, A Nightwish poster!
I´m listening it right now. And because it´s Finnish. :)

And check out Children Of Bodom, if You haven´t heard it yet.

Last edited:
Those monotor arms look like the mcd-t13 desktop bracket mount from monoprice.com. I picked two of them up as well about 2 weeks ago from monoprice. Think they were on speical for about $18 a piece.

Yup. Thats it. They were $17.xx each as the sale of the day a little bit ago. I think they retail for like $65? Can't find them on the site right now though.

The place is still a complete mess but here's a quick pic of my new setup... just had the time to plug everything in to see how it looked :D

24272724.jpg

2x Dell 2408 + 2x Dell 2711
Cleaned up workspace pictures to come !

I just purchased 2 HP 2009m 20" monitors for now, I am planning on getting a 3rd one and running them all in a row or else a 4th one and running them in a grid. These are cheap monitors, around 160$ a piece, I am just trying them out, not sure if I want to keep them or look for a different set of monitors. The only thing I am no super happy about is the border around the edges is a bit bigger then I want for running multiple monitors. I am open to any recommendations on a good set of monitors?

screenshot2b3.png

The place is still a complete mess but here's a quick pic of my new setup... just had the time to plug everything in to see how it looked :D

snip*

damn...didn't care for eyefinity?

DSCF2160.JPG

DSCF2173.JPG

2x Dell 2209WA, 1x Westy L2410NM (no TN bs in this house!). Thinking about putting a spare 20" on top since there's pole left :D

I just purchased 2 HP 2009m 20" monitors for now, I am planning on getting a 3rd one and running them all in a row or else a 4th one and running them in a grid. These are cheap monitors, around 160$ a piece, I am just trying them out, not sure if I want to keep them or look for a different set of monitors. The only thing I am no super happy about is the border around the edges is a bit bigger then I want for running multiple monitors. I am open to any recommendations on a good set of monitors?

http://img2.pict.com/37/f4/b0/315279...eenshot2b3.png

I just puchased the same monitors and was thinking of using them for a triple monitor setup. But now, using them for a few weeks I think they would be good for simple web browsing and word ect. They do have 5ms responce time and they have an incredable amount of ghosting (not so good for gaming). I think I'm going go with using 3 ASUS VH236H . http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236059

Last edited:
I just puchased the same monitors and was thinking of using them for a triple monitor setup. But now, using them for a few weeks I think they would be good for simple web browsing and word ect. They do have 5ms responce time and they have an incredable amount of ghosting (not so good for gaming). I think I'm going go with using 3 ASUS VH236H . http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236059

If you are looking to game without spending too much on each panel, yeah...the VH236H is DEFINITELY the way to go. If you plan on doing a decent amount of web browsing though, just make sure you aren't using XP...they struggle a bit with making it look nice. They look great in Windows 7, Ubuntu, and OSX though. Also note that since it is a TN panel, you might have some viewing angle problems with Eyefinity. Regardless, it is still the best budget gaming monitor I've ever seen.

Here's my full review of it: http://livingwithanerd.com/asus-vh236h-review/

Last edited:
If you are looking to game without spending too much on each panel, yeah...the VH236H is DEFINITELY the way to go. If you plan on doing a decent amount of web browsing though, just make sure you aren't using XP...they struggle a bit with making it look nice. They look great in Windows 7, Ubuntu, and OSX though. Also note that since it is a TN panel, you might have some viewing angle problems with Eyefinity. Regardless, it is still the best budget gaming monitor I've ever seen.

Here's my full review of it: http://livingwithanerd.com/asus-vh236h-review/

Very nice detailed review on the ASUS. You mentioned it doesn't do so well with professional photo editing. Would this be a problem if I were to do video editing with it? my 3 major uses would be video editing, gaming and web browsing.

[RCKY] Thor;1035491650 said:
2x Dell 2209WA, 1x Westy L2410NM (no TN bs in this house!). Thinking about putting a spare 20" on top since there's pole left :D

That is a stand right? It does not clamp onto the table? What brand and where can i get one of those :)

poco :

Is that one of those microfiber chairs that office depot sells? Looks nice and comfy :cool:

Yep :) However, this is the third one i have owned.. and they seem to wear out in about 8 months or so.... and i only weigh 165... maybe i just sit in it too much.. lol... thinking i'm going to try another chair next time

Very nice detailed review on the ASUS. You mentioned it doesn't do so well with professional photo editing. Would this be a problem if I were to do video editing with it? my 3 major uses would be video editing, gaming and web browsing.

Thanks!

I think video editing would be fine...its color accuracy leaves a bit to be desired (as most TN panels do), but video looks decent enough on it. Thank you for asking this question! I've edited the review to reflect that it should be fine for video editing.

Last edited:
[RCKY] Thor;1035495401 said:
Chief KTA-325B, can be free standing, clamp, desk mount or wall mount.

http://www.ergodirect.com/product_info.php?products_id=15941

This is the large model (up to 50 inches across from one side screen and center screen). They make a smaller one too, the KTP-320

Thanks!

How are they on mobility for adjustment. I was going to go for the Ergotron Dual LX but want to have some scalability in case I go for three monitors.

What do you mean mobility? The crossbar goes up and down after loosening a set screw, and the VESA heads can slide on the rail, and rotate up/down left/right and spin. The whole bar swings left and right on the pole.

What do you mean mobility? The crossbar goes up and down after loosening a set screw, and the VESA heads can slide on the rail, and rotate up/down left/right and spin. The whole bar swings left and right on the pole.

That's exactly what I mean actually :)
Wanted to know if the crossbar can go up/down, and the vesa heads slide on the rail with individual adjustment.

Do you think the stand would sag if I only ran two monitors for now? I plan to just run a 24" main, with the 2209wa in portrait on left, and later add another 24 landscape.
Also, the Poles Options, is that for adding another monitor on top of the center monitor?

24272724.jpg

This is totally unrelated to your desktop... but are you using a 10.5mm Nikkor? :D

That's exactly what I mean actually :)
Wanted to know if the crossbar can go up/down, and the vesa heads slide on the rail with individual adjustment.

Do you think the stand would sag if I only ran two monitors for now? I plan to just run a 24" main, with the 2209wa in portrait on left, and later add another 24 landscape.
Also, the Poles Options, is that for adding another monitor on top of the center monitor?

Depends on how heavy they are, but it would probably tip over unless you space them evenly. Pole is for vertical adjustment, just have my desk set a bit high right now. You can get a direct mount to add another screen if you want, or even another bar.

poco :

Is that one of those microfiber chairs that office depot sells? Looks nice and comfy :cool:

I have the same chair, bought from Officemax/depot, cant remember which. They do not last very long, but I have yet to find an office chair that does. The microfiber is about the thinnest, and weakest I have seen. It doesn't rip or tear or anything, but it looses it's suede-like quality almost immediately. The padding. though not terrible, mushes down fairly quickly. The frame has been ok so far, as have the casters. I got it, because it seemed like the nicest, and most comfortable chair they sold. It IS very comfortable, after about 2 years, but they just don't have very nice padding/upholstery.

Menards used to sell the exact same chair, sold under a different brand, for about $100 less. I was pretty pissed that Officewhatever didn't offer a price-match. I had a gift -card to use, so I had to get it from them, even though it was more expensive. Not the frist time I had problems with them, but this was definately the last!

Back