Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

you could easily take a closet door, plywood or one of those plastic tables with the fold out legs (leave the legs in folded position) and simply place it on top of your existing desk for more space.

that is what i did before i got my *new* desk. It was just a 4foot peice of plywood

011-1.jpg

*just for the record, that was the old desk*

First stage of 'GF-moving-in' revamp...

Gateway FPD2485 + Sony 32XBR6

light_front_lower_clean.jpg

Light_right.jpg

Turning the flash off to catch the lighting (counters make great camera stands)...

dark_front.jpg

Next Phase:

TV_front.jpg

where did u get the sweet chair from the the first PIc? what is the model name for it?

where do u guys get those huge mousepads?

truth, black would have been a better choice!! but I still love the everglides size/shape

I abused my orange/white one now its all dirty. But even my bro has a black one, I forgot the manufacturer, but his black is starting to show dirt as well from the hands. . ..

Love the black & white, Jakes!!

Those tilted shots always remind me of the bad guy (Joker, Riddler, Catwoman, etc.) hideout in the old Batman TV series.

BAM!
KA-POW!!!
ZOWIE!!!

:p

New setup: 245BW in portrait mode with a Vizio 42" 1080p as primary:

vizio-1.jpg

is it just me but does your Vizio have a fat bottom lip?

btw I have a Vizio as well.. same design as yours but a 37" 720p... plan on upgrading to 1080p whenI get the money to blow through.. :D

A coworker asked me to post some pictures of my gaming pod, so here they are.

Screen.JPG

http://www.renolanparty.com/projects/gamingpod/

History: I have two toddlers at home and they love to jack up my stuff. During the day they are loud and I can't get any work/play done and at night I am too loud and they can't sleep. I have been kicking this idea around for years. Last year I sold my Jeep and built a new rig and replaced my two beloved Viewsonic 19" CRTs. I figured this was a good time to build the pod as well. I went to the Pic-N-Pull here in Reno and nabbed a captain’s chair out of a date rape van. I used that and some milk crates to mock up how I wanted the pod laid out. Everything was built to proportions of my body. The center of the screen is at eye level. The KB/mouse shelf slides in and out for a perfect fit. The chair slides in and out as well, plus it reclines. I have 5.1 surround sound. The whole thing is made of ¾ HDF (the same stuff as speaker boxes for those in the know) and no matter how loud I get you can hardly hear anything outside the box. as would be expected you can't keep a gaming rig in a cabinet and I installed a blower tyoe fan to cycle the air; it works very well. the bottom compartment was for a server that I had build but the 7 hard drives were too loud so I just left it empty.

I really had a hard time deciding to buy a $1500 (with 5 year warranty) screen that I had never tried out before hand. That and I really like my CRTs. But after about a day I was convinced I had made the right choice. I got the Dell 30” LCD. Gaming on this thing is amazing; 2560x1600 is like nothing I have seen on a CRT. Oddly enough though there is about the same amount of visual data (raw pixel count) as just one 19” CRT, but it just looks so much better and brighter. With the doors shut and the speakers cranked it is just like being at the movies with that huge screen right in your face. My wife painted it black and was going to paint the UT3 logo on it but summer came aound and she lost interest.

If you have $300 laying around I suggest you build a pod.

Scr een.JPG

History: I have two toddlers at home and they love to jack up my stuff. During the day they are loud and I can't get any work/play done and at night I am too loud and they can't sleep. I have been kicking this idea around for years. Last year I sold my Jeep and built a new rig and replaced my two beloved Viewsonic 19" CRTs. I figured this was a good time to build the pod as well. I went to the Pic-N-Pull here in Reno and nabbed a captain’s chair out of a date rape van. I used that and some milk crates to mock up how I wanted the pod laid out. Everything was built to proportions of my body. The center of the screen is at eye level. The KB/mouse shelf slides in and out for a perfect fit. The chair slides in and out as well, plus it reclines. I have 5.1 surround sound. The whole thing is made of ¾ HDF (the same stuff as speaker boxes for those in the know) and no matter how loud I get you can hardly hear anything outside the box. as would be expected you can't keep a gaming rig in a cabinet and I installed a blower tyoe fan to cycle the air; it works very well. the bottom compartment was for a server that I had build but the 7 hard drives were too loud so I just left it empty.

I really had a hard time deciding to buy a $1500 (with 5 year warranty) screen that I had never tried out before hand. That and I really like my CRTs. But after about a day I was convinced I had made the right choice. I got the Dell 30” LCD. Gaming on this thing is amazing; 2560x1600 is like nothing I have seen on a CRT. Oddly enough though there is about the same amount of visual data (raw pixel count) as just one 19” CRT, but it just looks so much better and brighter. With the doors shut and the speakers cranked it is just like being at the movies with that huge screen right in your face. My wife painted it black and was going to paint the UT3 logo on it but summer came aound and she lost interest.

can u lean back at all :D

I used to use a closet for my space. Though my closet was bigger than your pod, I still understand the reasoning behind having a space to call your own.

Do paint a theme on it, that'll look so cool!

^^ Man, I've been thinking about a pod for years. I even have designs in my sketchbooks. I'm gonna do it!

Screen.JPG

Claustrophobia much?

Wow Mr. Happy, that's so cool! I've always thought something like this would be cool. Maybe I should try something like this....

img3140bz8.jpg

Dell 2408WFP and 2005WFP

img3154dm4.jpg

Sony 46V4100
Onkyo TX-SR605
PS3
Comcast HD Cable Box
Polk Audio RM6750 Speakers

This is my work setup. I just added the 3rd(middle monitor) 2 dell 19in widescreen and the middle is a dell 17 in ultrasharp. Sorry for the crap pics I only have my curve with me.

Nice. Here's my workspace. 4 x Acer 19" WS.

Workspace-06-25-2008.jpg

Well, I have enough of your tidy, high-tech and other-then-computer-things free desks, so I present you mine!

dsc01961024ck2.jpg

On the left side is my pretty new NEC 2690 and on the right side a small grey box, which is actually an old Soviet B/W TV made in 1985 - still working (mostly as a "paper holder").

That crap of a mouse is just a backup piece until my programmable high-tech super and broken mouse returns from the service.

Just outside my window is a street lamp, so I have yellow windows to make it less annoying. Very fitting for Old Town of Prague :)I hope I'll move soon from this miserable place polluted with tourists...

Edit: It was impossible to take a proper photo of the place in the night, sice would I set the white ballance to light-tube (the monitor), the rest would look too reddish. And with flash... the place looked... well like taking photos with flash :) I could also take a photo during day, but it would not have the "yellow" atmosphere :)

Back