Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

spam281, any more details about your desk "top" that you can PM me or something, I'd appreciate, I'm trying to find a very heavy duty blacktop'd PC desk/table(able to hold a CRT or 2, PC, 1 or 2 LCD's and be able to hold a person's weight is a plus also, lol).

dual3007wfp.jpg

UPDATED:
I mounted the speakers to the shelf above the monitor to get a bit more real estate. I think it looks good.
dual3007wfp_2.jpg

Makes working with photoshop / flash etc. an absolute wet dream ;)

My setup is... uhm... Yeah, I am disabled by the way :p So indeed that is why my computer(s) are at my bedside. Got hurt at work two years ago, etc etc.. This was my first LCD. I purchased it to go along with my first build. I was using my old Dell CRT monitor and wow, what a difference to the LCD monitor I got! I love it :) I really want to get a second one... So many setups in this thread make me so jealous ;) Not to mention the desks... which I totally miss having and being able to sit at!

Ah well, here's my ghetto bed-ridden setup ;)

newone.jpg

dscn1490zt4.jpg

Saw the monitor was on a bit of an angle after, oh well this is the best shot so here it is anyways! Yes my camera/photo skills suck so bear with me. Will post new plasma when I get it shipped later this week.

Ryan lucier's desk looks vaguely familiar to 2 boards screwed to a wall that was purchased for a rediculas amount of monies.

spam281, any more details about your desk "top" that you can PM me or something, I'd appreciate, I'm trying to find a very heavy duty blacktop'd PC desk/table(able to hold a CRT or 2, PC, 1 or 2 LCD's and be able to hold a person's weight is a plus also, lol).

I'm pretty sure this is it, http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00115534. It can definitely take the weight. Remember, there is a steel frame bolted underneath that mounts the A-frame legs.

Here's what the frame looks like:

I am disabled myself and was bed ridden for many months, and now I use a wheelchair.

while I was stuck in bed I found one of these very helpful pivot-and-tilt-over-bed-table

hang tough

Wow, that table actually looks great! I hate having to turn my head to look over at the monitor all the time.. It starts to hurt my neck usually.

I think it is ironic that we both live in the same place ;)

I'm a sales person in a music chain..

I take care of audio production, audio recording, software bassed production, synthesis, and keyboard sales.

I also do my own production on the side, hence the home studio.

Not to mention, it kicks ass for gaming. :D

Thanks for the compliments though.

typezero303, that is seriously an awesome setup you've got there.
and +1 for the stuffed companion cube :p

oh, and you might wanna try using a different form of stitching the photos together for a panoramic with more seemless stitching.
I've been using AutoStitch for a couple years and it works great and looks flawless

What speakers are those? (all of em lol) and what soundcard interface are you using to connect everything to your main pc?

seriously awesome setup though dude.

The monitor being off angle was the first thing I noticed hehe. What kind of speakers are those? They look funky.

They're Klipsch RSX-5's hooked up to the old promedia sub, they're perfect for a small PC sound setup and sound great

Oh man, some hand-job took an orange magic marker and wrote TYPE ZERO on your laptop's screen. I hope you kicked his ass!

Seriously, that's a helluva system!

typezero303, that is seriously an awesome setup you've got there.
and +1 for the stuffed companion cube :p

oh, and you might wanna try using a different form of stitching the photos together for a panoramic with more seemless stitching.
I've been using AutoStitch for a couple years and it works great and looks flawless

What speakers are those? (all of em lol) and what soundcard interface are you using to connect everything to your main pc?

seriously awesome setup though dude.

Hey man,

Thanks for the compliments. =)

The two yellow/black speakers are KRK Rokit-8s, with a matched KRK Rokit-10S Sub. The smaller speaker between the monitors are Edirol MA-10As speakers.

The main audio interface is a PreSonus Firebox, going to a Mackie Big-Knob monitor control station.

All the specs are listed on the main page: http://www.zero-trance.com/studio

And thanks for the link for the app, I'll take a look.. The landscape was my bad attemp with photoshop at like 2 in morning. =P

And everyone loves the companion cube! =)

typezero, that is a kickass setup if I may say so.

spam281, thnx for the input and link, I do like this tabletop(the Grevsta), better than the cheap $30 Vika Amon I was eying but that says 110 lb's, that's weak!

Type zero how would the programs u use compare to easiness of programs like FL studio?
Im interested in buying a M audio usb midi keyboard and learn how to play.
(i just started using youtube for a teacher, i can play snow by rhcp, faithfully journey..ect)

typezero, that is a kickass setup if I may say so.

Thanks man! Much appreciated. =)

Type zero how would the programs u use compare to easiness of programs like FL studio?
Im interested in buying a M audio usb midi keyboard and learn how to play.
(i just started using youtube for a teacher, i can play snow by rhcp, faithfully journey..ect)

I'm using Cubase 4 these days, and been using Cubase SX3 before. Before that I used FLStudio, and used it for a couple years... and before that Cubase VST, and before Making Waves, and before Rebirth + WaveEditor, before Impulse Tracker. I've also used Logic, Pro Tools, Sonar/Cakewalk, Reason... So I've been around the production block. =P

That being said Cubase is nice to work with, but definatly not as easy to get into as FLStudio. The nice thing with FLStudio is that you can just sit down, and get going. No setup, nothing over complicated. The way it handles samples with it's built in sampler, and the patern bassed drum step sequencer is very easy to work with. So to start off, FLStudio is a great choice. The nice thing with FL is that it also works as a VST host, which means as you get tired of the 'internal' sounds that come with FL, you can get external plugins(Synths, sample libraries, etc...) to increase the sounds that you can use.

As for the M-Audio controller, M-Audio makes great stuff if your not looking into spending a lot of money. That being said, the concern with m-audio has always been around the reliability of products. M-Audio doesn't have the best track record with their controllers... Treat it well, and it should last. =)

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Here's my setup:

My little peice of tech-heaven.

Wow, just wow.

I have tried to build my little own guitar "music production" setup and had a worse attempt at making a picture of it ;)

Using the M-Audio Black Box, and a Roland GR-20, I tend to "record" a few overlapping tracks for fun, and to make sure I am developing clean playing hand.

Combo.jpg

I'm using Cubase 4 these days, and been using Cubase SX3 before. Before that I used FLStudio, and used it for a couple years... and before that Cubase VST, and before Making Waves, and before Rebirth + WaveEditor, before Impulse Tracker. I've also used Logic, Pro Tools, Sonar/Cakewalk, Reason... So I've been around the production block. =P

As for the M-Audio controller, M-Audio makes great stuff if your not looking into spending a lot of money. That being said, the concern with m-audio has always been around the reliability of products. M-Audio doesn't have the best track record with their controllers... Treat it well, and it should last. =)

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Definately helps, but what I like to know is, if Pro Tools is any good.

Right now I have Ableton Live Lite, and honestly i dont like the interface.

Also thinking of getting a M-Audio controller to complement the sound. Sometime I feel that I need a bacground track and the guitar just does not give me what I am looking for.

How many keys do you think are the minimum required? Space is an issue.

Thanks again for posting the pics.

So you do CAD, eh? ;)

ps: have any sample audio tracks you've created?

I have some music on: http://www.xvi.com, unfortunatly you need to register to the site to access the downloads. Luckly, it's free. =)

Direct Link: http://xvi.com/media/details.php?l=1954
This is a live recording from a show not to long ago.

Wow, just wow.

I have tried to build my little own guitar "music production" setup and had a worse attempt at making a picture of it ;)

Using the M-Audio Black Box, and a Roland GR-20, I tend to "record" a few overlapping tracks for fun, and to make sure I am developing clean playing hand.

Right now I have Ableton Live Lite, and honestly i dont like the interface.

Also thinking of getting a M-Audio controller to complement the sound. Sometime I feel that I need a bacground track and the guitar just does not give me what I am looking for.

How many keys do you think are the minimum required? Space is an issue.

Thanks again for posting the pics.

If your looking to do mostly audio recording, DigiDesign Pro-Tools is definatly the industry standard. It has it's own sound to it, that a lot of people are looking for. That being said, Pro-Tools is more money, and has some drawbacks. Mostly the fact that you must you Digidesign hardware. You do have the option to go with M-Powered Pro-Tools which is bassed on M-Audio hardware, but don't expect the same quality level as the DigiDesign Pro-Tools.

If your looking into doing more MIDI oriented music, I've never been much of a fan of the MIDI layout in Pro-Tools. It's generaly agreed on that Pro-Tools MIDI isn't quite at the level of say Cubase.

Pro-Tools was desgined to be bassed on audio processing. Then MIDI was added to it later, down the line.
Cubase was a MIDI seqeuncer first, and then they added audio to it,

As for the controller, for the most part, most 'Non Piano' player seem to get by just fine with either 49, or 61 keys. So that might be a good place to start. =)

I use and love Pro Tools now in music recording and post production. It is largely expandable and capable of nearly anything you would want to do. Yes you do have to use their hardware, but i think the best option would be to get a 002 or 003 rack mount interface. You can still hook up external pre's through the device, as well as several other balanced and digital connections.

The built in pre's are super clean and very warm sounding.

I use and love Pro Tools now in music recording and post production. It is largely expandable and capable of nearly anything you would want to do. Yes you do have to use their hardware, but i think the best option would be to get a 002 or 003 rack mount interface. You can still hook up external pre's through the device, as well as several other balanced and digital connections.

The built in pre's are super clean and very warm sounding.

No argument there... If you want to do audio recording, Pro Tools is the way to go.

i got a new desk, and my grandpa made a stand for my monitor... so here goes my humble setup

compuetpark068.jpg

compuetpark075.jpg

westinghouse FTW!

well, here is another days of drinks.. lol

DSC06766.jpg

Thanks, i like the stand too. shelves even slide out !!

Keyboard... lol. I got no clue. I live in Korea, and cant read Korean yet.. and needed a new one.. so i picked this one up for 20 bucks. I REALLY like it!!! Its made by W3 though...

Back