Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

So I'm understanding you correctly that you're running 6 independent machines and a groovy KVM setup to control all of them from one place? Are you playing 6 characters at the same time?! How feasible would it be to run a bunch of VM's with a gangload of RAM on a single machine? Was it more cost effective to have 6 machines running instead?

6 independent machines...........yes

The KVM only switchess between single computer control and multicasting the keyboard.

The keyboard multicaster is actually just that. 1 keyboard input, 8 outputs.

Would it be feasable.........possibly, but there's a few things about running VM's. VM's don't do graphics that well. Second, if you get appealed and an in-game GM or CSR is talking to, and you don't see it.......you get banned for afk macroing (even though you're not macroing. While they can't prove that you are, they can't prove that you aren't either, so being AFK goes against you)

Plus, it's just cooler running 6 monitors. :D

6 independent machines...........yes

The KVM only switchess between single computer control and multicasting the keyboard.

The keyboard multicaster is actually just that. 1 keyboard input, 8 outputs.

Would it be feasable.........possibly, but there's a few things about running VM's. VM's don't do graphics that well. Second, if you get appealed and an in-game GM or CSR is talking to, and you don't see it.......you get banned for afk macroing (even though you're not macroing. While they can't prove that you are, they can't prove that you aren't either, so being AFK goes against you)

Plus, it's just cooler running 6 monitors. :D

You aren't one of those people that spam "will powerlevel for plat!" are you?? God those people are annoying. :D

You aren't one of those people that spam "will powerlevel for plat!" are you?? God those people are annoying. :D

No, I hate those people as well. I turn anyone down that asks me to PL them.......except the wife. She gets all the PL's she wants for her chars :eek:

hugeclock.jpg

Does anyone know where I can get this clock, or one like it?

Thank you.

Digital Wall Clock

Additionally, Bodet!

the slanted ceilings were what made me think that it was the cupboardey room under the stairs... but then attic does make some sense... I dunno, as long as it's isolated from the noisy house it's cozy to me ;]

Not an LCD, but it does have a PC hooked to it (780G, 5000+, 2 GB G.Skill):

What speakers/amplication are you using? Beautiful setup btw, will post my Panasonic 46" PZ85 when I get it too :). How do you like DLP in comparison to plasma/LCD displays?

one update, got for about 4 days my new and furst lcd tv. :D

and have take a update to my monitors. I have now 4 monitors connecting to my game pc whit 1 8800 GT and 1 7600 GT.

one update, got for about 4 days my new and furst lcd tv. :D

Congrats. Last year I also got my 1st lcd tv. It was a great day, like a rebirth ;)

and have take a update to my monitors. I have now 4 monitors connecting to my game pc whit 1 8800 GT and 1 7600 GT.

That is a gorgeous multimon set-up anno. What are those monitors?

They have an amazingly thin basel. Just perfect for this kind of arrangement.

indeed thats why i have them;). i have do my best to get it all together and running. but now i stop for a long time, it have cost about 3500 euro. So it is for this year enough

it are 2 lg 226wtq and 1 samsung 203B ( i have got the black whit tape)

been meanin' to post mine for a while now, but never got around to it..
22" LG L227WT, unfortunately TN but I couldn't justify paying almost double for a PVA, anyways, way better picture on it than my old halfdead CRT.. :D
LCD_setup.jpg

What speakers/amplication are you using? Beautiful setup btw, will post my Panasonic 46" PZ85 when I get it too :). How do you like DLP in comparison to plasma/LCD displays?

Receiver is a Denon AVR-2807 but now I'm just using it as a pre/pro as I just added an Emotiva XPA-5 for the amplification. Speakers are Infinity Intermezzo 4.1t (main towers), Intermezzo 3.5c (center) and Intermezzo 2.6p (surrounds). And Intermezzo 1.2s (subwoofer).

The sub is a sealed 12" with 850 watt amplifier, and the same thing is built into the base of each tower. I previously had B&W bookshelves and the same sub and it was great for music but a little weak for HT. When I added the towers and effectively tripled my bass output it became more than adaquate for HT and it's still nice and tight for music (something I think you miss out on going with heavily ported 15s and 12s).

I like the DLP because it's effectively the only way you're getting an over 60" screen at a reasonable price that you can use as an everyday TV (rear projectors from my experience belong in basement type home theaters, they don't really work in "living rooms").

You get used to 60+ inches fast, I wouldn't want to go back to a 46 or 50". Even the 60" seems a little lacking at time, rather have 70 or 80. Because of that I think the best would be to have a rear projector in a dedicated HT that can run 80+ inches and something like a 42 to 50" LCD/Plasma in your living room for more casual day to day use. But I don't have a place to put a dedicated HT right now so that'll have to wait.

I have yet to fully enjoy my speakers (for more than a half hour anyway), the amp for one of the 12s has blown twice. So instead of running them as large 4 ways I'm running them as small and using the working 12" as an extra sub. The half hour it WAS working it sounded pretty amazing. They still sound great, but definitely something missing not being able to run them as large. I should be getting the amp back for the second time soon, we'll see if the repair holds up this time.

Some more pics:

2008-04-081701600x1200.jpg

2008-04-081631600x1200.jpg

2008-04-081601600x1200.jpg

0101600x1200.jpg

0111600x1200.jpg

0081600x1200.jpg

0071600x1200.jpg

2008-04-081331600x1200.jpg

woah. psychedelic .. Even the 2408's rim looks white.. I just realized it would look pretty nice with a white bezel... or maybe it's just because the dell logo blends in.. I have the 2407, and I think it'd look 5x nicer if the dell logo wasn't extruding from the front.

@ Smitty- Where did you get that console thing for your 360, Wii, and CD's? i really like it!

I actually have no clue. I'm pretty sure we got it from one of my uncles. I know we had it sitting out in the garage for a couple years before I started using it which was a LONG time ago.
When I get home I'll look for a name. I know it was an old floor display though as it has this little plaque on it saying so.

I like the DLP because it's effectively the only way you're getting an over 60" screen at a reasonable price that you can use as an everyday TV (rear projectors from my experience belong in basement type home theaters, they don't really work in "living rooms").

You get used to 60+ inches fast, I wouldn't want to go back to a 46 or 50". Even the 60" seems a little lacking at time, rather have 70 or 80. Because of that I think the best would be to have a rear projector in a dedicated HT that can run 80+ inches and something like a 42 to 50" LCD/Plasma in your living room for more casual day to day use. But I don't have a place to put a dedicated HT right now so that'll have to wait.

When you say rear projector u mean a projector right? Because they are called front projectors as a rear projection is dlp and lcd rear projection.

Receiver is a Denon AVR-2807 but now I'm just using it as a pre/pro as I just added an Emotiva XPA-5 for the amplification. Speakers are Infinity Intermezzo 4.1t (main towers), Intermezzo 3.5c (center) and Intermezzo 2.6p (surrounds). And Intermezzo 1.2s (subwoofer).

The sub is a sealed 12" with 850 watt amplifier, and the same thing is built into the base of each tower. I previously had B&W bookshelves and the same sub and it was great for music but a little weak for HT. When I added the towers and effectively tripled my bass output it became more than adaquate for HT and it's still nice and tight for music (something I think you miss out on going with heavily ported 15s and 12s).

I have yet to fully enjoy my speakers (for more than a half hour anyway), the amp for one of the 12s has blown twice. So instead of running them as large 4 ways I'm running them as small and using the working 12" as an extra sub. The half hour it WAS working it sounded pretty amazing. They still sound great, but definitely something missing not being able to run them as large. I should be getting the amp back for the second time soon, we'll see if the repair holds up this time.

If only I had the room :( I wanted a 50" but the living room is way too small in my apartment, even 46" is pushing it. I've got a Denon 2707 but I'm using it for amplification and processing along with a pair of Klipsch RB-81s and an Outlaw LFM-EX1 sub. I was thinking about somewhere down the road picking up the RF-83s as fronts and contructing a full surround system but stereo will do for now given the room I've got.

Your bass output makes me jealous lol, that thing must rock the house.. even my system can make picture frames fall off the wall

Back