Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

I thought the lower half of your wall was marble before I realized it was WIRE HELL!!! JK!! :D:D

Still working on it but here is Version 1.5 :D:D:D

gameroom01b.jpg

gameroom02.jpg

how do you guys keep your setups so dust free?! dust builds so quick in my room!

how do you guys keep your setups so dust free?! dust builds so quick in my room!

They wear bunny suits.

bun.jpg

I'm sure they just clean up before they take their picture. It's not that hard really.

Or the just don't shed nearly as much as the average person. Lmao.

Do you keep your windows open a lot? Leaving my windows open brings in a lot of dust. It is also possible that they dusted and took the pic =P

more details on tv speakers and receiver :)

umm the tv is Olevia 47" (not the best blacks but its strictly for use in the game room so not a huge deal for me, most important is i dont notice any ghosting)

receiver and speakers were a package deal... the yamaha yht-790 which im pretty happy with so far... nice for a gaming setup or bedroom

Awsome PPI.

Can you please post some more details\specs about your setup?

LCDs? Computer\GPUs?

Awsome PPI.

Can you please post some more details\specs about your setup?

LCDs? Computer\GPUs?

Well the monitors are Samsung 225bw's in the center. The Dell are 176FP's if I remember correctly.

My main computer is a dual XEON 2.8GHz, 4GB SCSI with a 7950GT video. My alt computers are dual core 2.2GHz each with 1GB DDR2 with an 8400GS video card.

I'm currently in the process of building my new main rig, which I've acquired so far would be a QX9450 quad core, 790i mobo, 9800GTX (only one for now), 4U rackmount case. Have yet to order the 4GB DDR3 1333MHz, PSU and hard drive. I waited on the PSU for the video card choice, and waiting on the RAM to be last since prices are dropping by about $100 for the 4GB kit, and I'm just being lazy on buying the HDD.

In the background I run a Vetra 8 port keyboard multiplexer with a 2 port KVM so I can switch between one keyboard at a time, or simulcasting 6 at once. I run a program called Octopus for mouse sharing across the screens so I don't have to run 6 mice, but rather just move my mouse to the monitor I want, as it acts like one huge monitor. It's much like Synergy and Multiplicity, but much friendlier for gaming. I have all the alternate computers setup for Wake-On-Lan as well as remote shutdown via Octopus for ease of startups/shutdowns. I also run an XKeys Pro, XKeys Stick, and XKeys footpedal, which are all programmable keypads (or footpedals) which allow me to assign keys to them for easier accessibility. I still mainly use my keyboard though........hard getting used to the others.

Other than that........just normal hardware. If you have any questions, feel free. :)

PPI,

Take a pic of the back of the monitors so I can see how you mounted those. I love the setup. I have a 4 monitor setup that is very similar to that with two dell 24" and two samsung 22".

PPI,

Take a pic of the back of the monitors so I can see how you mounted those. I love the setup. I have a 4 monitor setup that is very similar to that with two dell 24" and two samsung 22".

I originally had a double vertical LCD stand from Ergotron. I then bought two triple horizontal stands, combining them on the single pole from the original dual vertical stand.....making one large hex-LCD setup. The don't sell hex stands anymore, so I had to make my own. They use the standard VESA 100mm mounts though.

Here's a link to the triple horizontal stands:

http://www.ergotron.com/Products/Mu...mid/545/PRDID/197/language/en-US/default.aspx

Well the monitors are Samsung 225bw's in the center. The Dell are 176FP's if I remember correctly.

My main computer is a dual XEON 2.8GHz, 4GB SCSI with a 7950GT video. My alt computers are dual core 2.2GHz each with 1GB DDR2 with an 8400GS video card.

I'm currently in the process of building my new main rig, which I've acquired so far would be a QX9450 quad core, 790i mobo, 9800GTX (only one for now), 4U rackmount case. Have yet to order the 4GB DDR3 1333MHz, PSU and hard drive. I waited on the PSU for the video card choice, and waiting on the RAM to be last since prices are dropping by about $100 for the 4GB kit, and I'm just being lazy on buying the HDD.

In the background I run a Vetra 8 port keyboard multiplexer with a 2 port KVM so I can switch between one keyboard at a time, or simulcasting 6 at once. I run a program called Octopus for mouse sharing across the screens so I don't have to run 6 mice, but rather just move my mouse to the monitor I want, as it acts like one huge monitor. It's much like Synergy and Multiplicity, but much friendlier for gaming. I have all the alternate computers setup for Wake-On-Lan as well as remote shutdown via Octopus for ease of startups/shutdowns. I also run an XKeys Pro, XKeys Stick, and XKeys footpedal, which are all programmable keypads (or footpedals) which allow me to assign keys to them for easier accessibility. I still mainly use my keyboard though........hard getting used to the others.

Other than that........just normal hardware. If you have any questions, feel free. :)

So I'm understanding you correctly that you're running 6 independent machines and a groovy KVM setup to control all of them from one place? Are you playing 6 characters at the same time?! How feasible would it be to run a bunch of VM's with a gangload of RAM on a single machine? Was it more cost effective to have 6 machines running instead?

Smititty, that is a beautiful display.

But dude, now you definately have to clean up the room\desk.

Yea man, I know.
I just have way too many electrical things needing power in too small of a space.
I'm going to try to clean up the wires after finals in a couple weeks.

Back