Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

And this sig? That is definately a uber setup!!

Hey, can you post a better pic that shows more of the whole desk+monitor? Kind of dark.

ASUS Maximus Formula SE
Q6600 G0 CPU at 3.5 GHz
(4) OCZ 1GB DDR2-800 ATI CrossFire Certified
(2) ATI Diamond 3870x2 CrossfireX
(3) Gateway FPD2485W - 24" HD LCD
Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital
(2) WD 320GB Sata Raid 1 | (2) WD 500GB Sata Raid 1
Creative X-Fi Fata1ty | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1
Antec 900 | Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ-1000
Windows Vista Ultimate 64-Bit

Thanks!

Is this image better?

3monitors4.jpg

You had to get the Beastly Nissan in there! I remember your last post, your office looked like some kind of secret network facility. I have that same external HDD it has been great and looks cool. Nice setup!

Thanks!

Is this image beter?

3monitors4.jpg

That is a much better image.

Honestly that is as close to perfect a desk one is ever gona get.

While I dont think there is such a thing as perfect, because needs change, just looking at that setup makes "happy".

In essense, I would say that most people, if they were to go to work in the morning at your desk, they would smile and say, yup I am happy working here ;)

Obviously not a objective benchmark of an LCD setup, but to me the true measure of any workstation hoping to become a true uber setup.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks!

Is this image beter?

While I dont think there is such a thing as perfect, because needs change, just looking at that setup makes "happy".

In essense, I would say that most people, if they were to go to work in the morning at your desk, they would smile and say, yup I am happy working here ;)

Obviously not a objective benchmark of an LCD setup, but to me the true measure of any workstation hoping to become a true uber setup.

Thanks for sharing.

Thank for the comments. I think it's a decent setup. Not as clean as some others I have seen in this thread.

But it works, it took me a while to find a desk with glass. And it wasn't too expensive.

Thanks for sharing.

Still a work in progress...

Setup consists of 3 30" HP LP3065's, and an HP 26" LCD on top for my home surveillance system.

p223777222-5.jpg

p376027653-5.jpg

p331545228-5.jpg

I like to quote pics to just to say I love your setup.

But the forum does not, please refrain from quoting the same thing over and over. -Rich

Awesome setup, ModBoyzz. I didn't like the Antec 900 case before, but after seeing the picture I do. My get one as they always have rebates now.

Awesome setup, ModBoyzz. I didn't like the Antec 900 case before, but after seeing the picture I do. My get one as they always have rebates now.

It's a pretty nice case, with proper modifications you can get some nice cable management done. I am however switching over to a Lian LI case very soon. I just need to take a break for a while.

LOL!

I really do wish the house was inexpensive. And its actually a great neighborhood, I'm just paranoid. Maybe I should stop watching the news.
If you're using that for surveillance and you get robbed, but the computer is in your house, that doesn't make much sense. I assume you use some off-site server and upload screen caps every x seconds or something? Otherwise that seems pretty useless for anything but spying on your neighbors.

How do you like your sharp? Any ghosting in games?

I love this Sharp. I works great as a computer monitor and gaming is great also. I haven't noticed any ghosting or anything else negative. I would definitely recommend this model to anyone looking to upgrade.

I would buy that exact same model, but the 42" version is the same price. It's probably that much because the 42" version is bought more. I'm glade to hear your positive experience with sharp, now i will have no troubles buying when im ready.

If you're using that for surveillance and you get robbed, but the computer is in your house, that doesn't make much sense. I assume you use some off-site server and upload screen caps every x seconds or something? Otherwise that seems pretty useless for anything but spying on your neighbors.

I never mentioned it was computer based. The DVR is hidden in the attic. Good luck to whoever wants to go up there. First you need a ladder, which I don't even keep in the house, 2nd It's really dark up there, 3rd you can barely crawl up there, and 4th Its Super hot!. I'm talking South Florida weather hot.

Spying on neighbors? Get real.

I never mentioned it was computer based. The DVR is hidden in the attic. Good luck to whoever wants to go up there. First you need a ladder, which I don't even keep in the house, 2nd It's really dark up there, 3rd you can barely crawl up there, and 4th Its Super hot!. I'm talking South Florida weather hot.

Spying on neighbors? Get real.

Yea, if somebody knows you have cameras around your house then why would they be stupid enough to enter - unless you have something really really worth it.

What hardware are you using for your DVR? Have any experience with Geovision products? I've been looking at getting the GV-650 or GV-800.

I know my setup isn't impressive... yet. I plan on buying an LCD and mounting it on the empty wall just above my left speaker. I thought I would post some pictures and get the input from the community (considering how damn impressive some of your stations are, I thought you guys might be able to give me some input and advice.) Any advice you may share on what you think I should do to my setup is greatly appreciated.

I also apologize for the terribly poor picture quality. My room mate took my camera on his trip back east... so I was left with only a cell phone :(

My work desktop:

Being the sole tech guy for the church, my office gets all the old computers. Since I had a bunch of old CRTs sitting around, I figured why not, and setup my desktop with 4 monitors. The middle one on top seems to flicker a lot, so I might swap it out for a big viewsonic I have. We'll see.

My home setup:

This pic is a little old, since I've taken out those speakers. I've also cleaned up a bunch, and the tape/CD deck isn't going to fall on my laptop anymore. I've also moved my server, and where the stacker 810 was is now where the quadfather sits.

Here is my setup, just finished adding the last touches - for now. What I did was install these custom-made speaker stands to free up all possible table space. Those are Behringer MS40s by the way. The displays are a wide 24" and a 20" - 3520 x 1200 desktop - with monitor arms I found at a Scandinavian retailer. Quite a bargain at 55 EUR a piece, considering similar products online were at least double that!

Minimal impact on table real estate.

It usually does stay this clean by the way, not counting the dust buildup.

Samsung 32" R87BCX, also connected as a third monitor.

This little fellow is the Antec NSK3480. Tiny, silent and spacious! Guts behind that link.

I've tried to keep the rat's nest at a minimum, but some cables need to be run on the floor. At least they are somewhat controlled. The horrible mess has been zip-tied and otherwise bound under the table, along with a router. My thanks to everyone in this thread with similar solutions for ideas and inspiration.

Htop and I was installing something through terminal. That's actually my linux media server.
I love that IBM PC in the corner (Looks like an A40). I think everyone I know has one they swiped from work to use as a file-server. I mean, it was just going to get thrown out anyway ;)

I love that IBM PC in the corner (Looks like an A40). I think everyone I know has one they swiped from work to use as a file-server. I mean, it was just going to get thrown out anyway ;)

Haha! It definitely makes a great firewall. It's running IPCop.

47" 1080p :D

desktop.jpg

Had to upgrade my 8800GTS 320MB to an 8800GTS 512MB so Crysis would run 1920 on high nicely though

I got a question for all you people that have huge TV's on a desk. Isn't it a little annoying sitting that close?

Back